We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Landroval isn't in because most people on a Non-RP server don't want to go to an RP-EN server. We previously discussed it with the general public and decided that Landroval wasn't a choice to suit our needs, as we are primarily a raiding/pvp server.
    Dear Comstrike and robbie1435,

This game is vast with many facets that support many play styles. From my perspective, Dwarrowdelf is primarily a pve server and I know many people who are interested in going to Landroval. So please be cognizant that no one person can claim to speak for all of the thousands of people who have enjoyed DD over the years.

Blessings to you and your limited circle of in-game and social-media contacts, wherever you chose to emigrate.
    Last edited by Louvalinor; Aug 07 2015 at 01:14 AM.
    Chief Superintendent of The Lous
    Landroval
    "Come on by; we have pie."

Quote Originally Posted by Louvalinor View Post

This game is vast with many facets that support many play styles. From my perspective, Dwarrowdelf is primarily a pve server and I know many people who are interested in going to Landroval. So please be cognizant that no one person can claim to speak
    This is what I was afraid of. I didn't not make this decision on my own. I made this decision publicly in World chat when organizing the event. Most people that talked to me claimed that they didn't want to go to Landroval. I am not claiming to speak for all of Dwarrowdelf. I am simply trying to help the community that wants to stay together, together. People who want to go to landroval are welcome to do so. I do not discourage going where you want to. However, the general consensus through /tells, In-game mails, Facebook, and Twitter has been that most [active] members do not want to go to Landroval. So, to save time, it is excluded from the list.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Update: Closing the poll on Monday, so vote while you can.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by Louvalinor View Post
    Dear Comstrike and robbie1435,

This game is vast with many facets that support many play styles. From my perspective, Dwarrowdelf is primarily a pve server and I know many people who are interested in going to Landroval. So please be cognizant that no one person can claim to speak for all of the thousands of people who have enjoyed DD over the years.

Blessings to you and your kin wherever you chose to emigrate.

Mr. Glorg,

Dont worry about some scrubs opinion of you deciding to host a poll and not include their server in it. Let his qq strengthen your resolve. Without you, this probably would not be as public with the DD community, and many people would still be clueless on where they would want to go. So keep it up.

Also, leave us alone Mr. Landy, we need our time to grieve in peace. Please wait for us on your server. Well, those of us who decide to go to landy that is.

Reposting this from the stories thread since this thread seems to be the one where the picture event is being coordinated:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    I like the picture suggestion someone made. That specific event looks like it's planned for Thorin's Hall which is fine since maybe folks who've transferred off can make low level dwarves with something close to their old names.

But maybe we can also arrange something in the moors on Candy Mountain before or afterwards? Is it still an agreed upon place to congregate without massive fights breaking out unintentionally? It'd be great to have the creeps on their actual creeps rather than just freep alts. A dance party should clearly be part of the agenda and maybe one giant brawl when everything is said and done.
    Thoughts? I don't want to step on any toes here since it sounds like you all are coordinating but thought I'd suggest an addendum to your event that includes the PvMP side of the server.

Also, does anyone plan to have a voice server setup for the event? Is there like a DD public Mumble or something right now? If not I could possibly do a temporary increase on our guild's TS to accommodate whatever numbers we're expecting for the event and let folks use that as a one off, depends on how many.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

Though it is five days before ole Neomoth heads off for a fun round of premed school, I will certainly log my cobwebbed RK for this screenshot on the 9th. Count me in.
    Last edited by Neomoth; Aug 17 2015 at 09:30 PM.
    First Marshal Aenise - Level 115 Burglar
    Member of Situational Awareness http://situational-awareness.net/
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    Reposting this from the stories thread since this thread seems to be the one where the picture event is being coordinated:

Thoughts? I don't want to step on any toes here since it sounds like you all are coordinating but thought I'd suggest an addendum to your event that includes the PvMP side of the server.

Also, does anyone plan to have a voice server setup for the event? Is there like a DD public Mumble or something right now? If not I could possibly do a temporary increase on our guild's TS to accommodate whatever numbers we're expecting for the event and let folks use that as a one off, depends on how many.
    Since this would be something to setup between PvMPers rather than the whole server, I haven't planned it out. If you'd like to, though, you're more than welcome to find a spot and time, and I'll gladly support it.

As for a public voice chat channel, I've not considered making one, but if needed, I can do so.

The memory pic is TODAY!!!!!!! 5PM EST @ Thorin's Fest Arena

Update on voting process

-----------------------------
    Sunday, 8/9/15

Alrighty folks: Little change of plans for the voting process: Closer to the time that we transfer, we'll have a 2nd round of voting to confirm which server people consider the best. Servers will change, and we need to make sure we choose the server that is best performance and community wise. Based on feedback, i've decided to include this second round of voting towards the end of August and beginning of September.

I will update the primary post with relevant information.

From the event(Picture courtesy of Carantir)

Poll is closed.

Thank you to Hannahri(Did I spell that right? If not, sorry, Mail me in game or on FB and I'll fix it!) for recording the event:

Hello all DD comunity ,IM Inairas tribe La Comunidad del Anillo IM playng in Brandy and Landy and want to say that I saw some freeps and creeps in Landy from DD.I think all comunity is not complete I can name around 10 from dd in Landy and is the second server in population .think in Landy .
    landroval Mephistop Ba R13 Soltaz Defiler R12 Inablade Reaver r8 Inawargo Warg R6 Banhill mini. Arkenstone Soultaz Ba R9
    Brandywine Inadush WL R10 Goltaz Warg R6 Venenopuro Weaver R7 Mephystot Defi R8 Mephistof Ba r7

Quote Originally Posted by Barbanegra View Post
    Hello all DD comunity ,IM Inairas tribe La Comunidad del Anillo IM playng in Brandy and Landy and want to say that I saw some freeps and creeps in Landy from DD.I think all comunity is not complete I can name around 10 from dd in Landy and is the second server in population .think in Landy .
    Read further up. We made the decision not to include landy because the majority doesn't want to go to an RP server.

Farewell Dwarrowdelf

Hey Robbie1435,

Thank you for posting the video I created. I am glad I was there to get the recording done just in time.

It was a fantastic event with a great atmosphere. Even though I am on Evernight, I have a few friends on DD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6FZziwYcpw
    Evernight has over 1,000 Facebook Group members [url]facebook.com/groups/evernightserver[/url]
    ...they say what goes in our newspaper [url]theevernightreport.blogspot.co.uk[/url]
    ......while participating in our weekly videos on Youtube [url]youtube.com/user/hannihr[/url]

Details regarding second poll and 2nd server gathering to come soon. Expect information within the next 7 to 10 days.

Details regarding second poll and 2nd server gathering to come soon. Expect information within the next 7 to 10 days.

Glorg....make us a server channel for when xfers actually do happen cuz youre our server tryhard <3

iirc all your user chats stay when you transfer, and i think it would be easier to have 1 set before xfers cuz we wouldn't have to search for ppl AFTER the xfers and get them in
    just don't put the channel name/pass on forums for obvious reasons...put it on the fb page if you make 1

Quote Originally Posted by Farty View Post
    Glorg....make us a server channel for when xfers actually do happen cuz youre our server tryhard <3

iirc all your user chats stay when you transfer, and i think it would be easier to have 1 set before xfers cuz we wouldn't have to search for ppl AFTER the xfers and get them in
    just don't put the channel name/pass on forums for obvious reasons...put it on the fb page if you make 1
    Lol @ server tryhard remark. :P

I plan on doing this, so no worries, but I want to wait until a bit later on in the process to do so. I'll probably have details for this within the next ~3-5 days if all goes well. It might even coincide with the release of other information if I can get it together quick enough.

----------------------------
    Full Notice
    ----------------------------

Hey guys, wanted to take a minute to update you on the situation with the Dwarrowdelf mass-transfer.
    School just started up again, so I'm a bit stressed on time, but I've been working hard to make sure that we have all the information and planning needed for when we're ready to make the server jump. As you'll read below, more information will be released as soon as I have it ready. Sorry about the radio silence, but I just want to make sure that everything can be set into stone and ready to go when needed.

Information regarding the 2nd poll, a server chat channel for post-server transfer, and another gathering to say "farewell" to Dwarrowdelf is coming soon folks. Next 3-5 days should bring chat channel info, next 7-10 days should bring second poll info, and next 4-6 days should bring info on server gathering.
    I'd like to thank you all for your patience,
    Glorgnorbor

---------------------------
    End Of Notice
    ---------------------------
    Last edited by robbie1435; Aug 18 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Honestly Glorg, I've never known you to be thick in the head.

The RP-E is not strictly Role-play, it is Role-Play Encouraged to allow those people to do so.

In my time on Dwarrowdelf before it became too troll infested (from my perspective) I saw plenty of people doing their role play in various places and DD was not an RP server.

What made you decide, that Landy was strictly RP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    Honestly Glorg, I've never known you to be thick in the head.

The RP-E is not strictly Role-play, it is Role-Play Encouraged to allow those people to do so.

In my time on Dwarrowdelf before it became too troll infested (from my perspective) I saw plenty of people doing their role play in various places and DD was not an RP server.

I believe if you read what Glorg said earlier, you'll see he gave some reasoning behind why we chose not to include Landy. Also, the more you guys hound us about not including Landy, the better the chances more people from our server won't go there. Our server is closing. We are dealing with it in our own way and if Landy is so upset about it, all I can say is move on and look elsewhere. They are not closing and will be getting a ton of new people. Not getting people from Dwarrow isn't going to make or break the server. Move on and recruit another server instead.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe
    LvL 100 Hunter [color=#00FA9A][b]Authiel[/color][/b] - Rank 12 Warg [color=#9370DB][b]Roly[/color][/b]
    [color=#87CEFA]Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone[/color]

I would like to reiterate: This was not only my decision. This decision was made during peak time on the server between the majority of active people. I have received mails giving further reasoning, so I figured not to include it.

And if you'd even pay any attention to what I said Arwen instead of reading what you wanted to see, i wasn't recruiting. I was asking a question of Glorg.

But you didn't see that did you ?

I hope your time on Arkenstone will be as good as it was on Dwarrowdelf, just as mine was on Landroval since i left Dwarrowdelf for reasons of my own.

No one is upset about it but you as your post attests to.

I asked glorg what made him decide that it was strictly an RP server, i wasn't asking for you to come there like many others have done. You go where you wish and good journey as you go.

I asked glorg what made him decide that it was strictly an RP server
    You also intentionally insulted him...can't blame someone for responding in a slightly hostile way to a hostile comment

Also she's right
    Landy has proven to be very determined in trying to convince us to consider the server. So it would be very easy to assume that you are attempting to do the same, whether it be in a direct manner or not.

And if you'd even pay any attention to what I said Arwen instead of reading what you wanted to see, i wasn't recruiting. I was asking a question of Glorg.

But you didn't see that did you ?

I hope your time on Arkenstone will be as good as it was on Dwarrowdelf, just as mine was on Landroval since i left Dwarrowdelf for reasons of my own.

No one is upset about it but you as your post attests to.

I asked glorg what made him decide that it was strictly an RP server, i wasn't asking for you to come there like many others have done. You go where you wish and good journey as you go.
    This is your answer.

I would like to reiterate: This was not only my decision. This decision was made during peak time on the server between the majority of active people. I have received mails giving further reasoning, so I figured not to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty View Post
    You also intentionally insulted him...can't blame someone for responding in a slightly hostile way to a hostile comment
    Meh. I can live knowing that I've been insulted

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast