We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    Meh. I can live knowing that I've been insulted
    I know from experience 8) Wasn't really the point though :P

Hey folks, want to clear up a few things before I head off for the night:

• I did not make the decision to exclude Landroval. This decision was made by Dwarrowdelf itself. I asked people to mail me in-game, send me /tells, and I asked in world chat about going to Landroval. The feedback that I received was a general no on including it. I did not make the decision on my own, and I never would do that. I don't claim to speak for the entire server, and I am 100% aware that I can not force people to move to a certain server. The purpose of this project is to keep those on Dwarrowdelf who would like to stay with each other together. This project is not meant to dictate what server people decide to go to.
    • I am aware of the Role Play Encouraged Status of Landroval. I know that it is not RP enforced, and I have never claimed that is was. I'm not sure where some people are getting the idea that I've assumed that Landroval is RP-Enforced.
    • I'd also like to clear up the claim that I am thick headed. I am thick headed to deflect bullets. Kinda like Superman, but cooler.** B)

I'd also like to take the time to update my update(Is that possible?). Information is being prepared now, and a massive overhaul of the original post and reserved post will occur on Saturday, August 22. The 2nd poll will be up, information about a chat channel will be released, and much more information to make this process as easy and as detailed as possible.

I would like to thank everyone again for their continued support and assistance with organization. It's truly amazing what the Dwarrowdelf community can do when it comes together to work on one, massive, communal project.

Once again, thank you, and I'll see you soon with more information, or in game!
    Glorgnorbor

**=Disclaimer: Scientific research does not support this claim. Then again, I haven't attempted being shot in the head .
    Last edited by robbie1435; Aug 19 2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Changed my Engrish to English :)
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Quote Originally Posted by Madmanthief View Post
    And if you'd even pay any attention to what I said Arwen instead of reading what you wanted to see, i wasn't recruiting. I was asking a question of Glorg.

But you didn't see that did you ?

I hope your time on Arkenstone will be as good as it was on Dwarrowdelf, just as mine was on Landroval since i left Dwarrowdelf for reasons of my own.

No one is upset about it but you as your post attests to.

I asked glorg what made him decide that it was strictly an RP server, i wasn't asking for you to come there like many others have done. You go where you wish and good journey as you go.
    One of the main reasons for Landy not being in the poll is because it is already a huge xfer destination before mergers. Same reason we don't have BW even if it is open. The fact that Landy is an RP server is prob. barely a factor most people voting thought about. Of all the people that mass xferred to Landy, I'm confident that a very small percent of that went there to actually RP but for the socially acceptable ways of rank farming.

You have to remember, that Dwarrowdelf is a very small community, naturally we looked for the smallest of the remaining servers. Even with this, even the smallest of the 5 will still be much much larger than what we currently have.

As far as trolling goes, every server has em. The only difference is that the trolls of Dwarrowdelf are fully aware of it and it is obvious. I don't have to wonder if the majority of them are trolling or being totally serious.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    Professional AFKer.

Thank you, Glorg

Thank you for all your efforts, Glorg. I, and those of RoHD appreciate it.
    Saeri
    Heir of Seawing of Dwarrowdelf
    Leader - Legion of the Yankee Wench

we can always make a chat channel for dwarrowdelf so there are thous that transferred

Quote Originally Posted by PDShaunzy View Post
    we can always make a chat channel for dwarrowdelf so there are thous that transferred
    It's been made. Going to formally open it to the public Saturday.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by GSD65 View Post
    Thank you for all your efforts, Glorg. I, and those of RoHD appreciate it.
    Don't thank me. All I did was type the forum post and build a poll. Thank Dwarrowdelf were working cooperatively to make everything happen. Whether it's been pointing out bugs or helping or with organization, Dwarrowdelf has been a major help to me a definitely deserves much more credit for everything that's happened.

MASSSSIVEEEEE OVERHAULLLLLL and more info

Heya Glorg.

Can you PLEASE add Landy as an option for the next poll. I know you discussed it in /world. But I wasn't there at that time and probably a lot of others weren't there as well. And not everyone on Dwarrow is watching /world for various (good) reasons. It doesn't hurt adding it. Why? Easy: if you're right it won't change a thing since nobody votes for it. BUT if you're wrong and there are people wanting to go to Landy then they should be able to vote as well imo instead of being silenced/given the feeling that their preference is less worth then others...

Do with it what you want, but this is my opinion

Lorim

Quote Originally Posted by Finranduil View Post
    Heya Glorg.

Can you PLEASE add Landy as an option for the next poll. I know you discussed it in /world. But I wasn't there at that time and probably a lot of others weren't there as well. And not everyone on Dwarrow is watching /world for various (good) reasons.
    This decision wasn't made just through world chat. It was made publicly known that people were to send me mails regarding Landroval's inclusion in the poll. It was posted on facebook. On Twitter. Even, for a short time, here on the forums.

Compromise:

Vote here you think Landroval should be included.

People from Landroval, please don't vote. If you do, I'll consider the vote corrupt and it'll be an INSTANT no.

Then I think that I haven't paid enough attention. Sorry Glorg!

Lorim

MOSES Project

Chat Channel!!

I'm pleased to announce that Patriotpea and Authiel have set up a chat channel for Dwarrowdelf that way we can find each other. The details will be posted on Facebook. I'd rather not post the password on the forums that way people from the outside of Dwarrow can't get in. If you can't access facebook, let me know by posting below saying that you need me to PM the details to you or by sending me an in-game mail(to Glorgnorbor).

Please PM me the details of the chat. Pm Darkcelt

I would also like a Private Message with the details if you'll be so kind Glorg: Plz and Ty.
    -Torthrak HealznKillz
    Pfffft, I solo all the time, I just make sure I have about 20 Other soloers behind me when I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CivitasAciesAld View Post
    I would also like a Private Message with the details if you'll be so kind Glorg: Plz and Ty.
    -Torthrak HealznKillz
    Check your forum PMs.

Dwarrowdelf community is toxic which is why majority of the players moved away from this server. If it wasn't for the community there's a very good chance the server would have remained opened.

Vote here you think Landroval should be included.
    Take down this vote. Thanks and good riddens.

kkthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by Host- View Post
    Dwarrowdelf community is toxic which is why majority of the players moved away from this server. If it wasn't for the community there's a very good chance the server would have remained opened.

Take down this vote. Thanks and good riddens.

kkthxbai

The only thing toxic about the community is that it's mainly filled with people who are too sensitive, refuse to accept truth and enable one another. You left like others because you all wanted to go to a place that was "safe" instead of staying on DD, listen to us and improve. Moving to a lesser server as trash does not have a positive impact on that community. I am sure you will say I am incorrect in this statement but that just goes to show that I am right. You, like the others, refuse to accept the truth and grow from that. It's a video game. Perhaps you all need to get sunlight.
    Aglaeka R11 Minstrel - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Juddeau R10 Burglar - Asylum ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Bluewafles R10 Weaver - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf
    Snagglepuss R13 Warleader - No QQ ~ Dwarrowdelf

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    The only thing toxic about the community is that it's mainly filled with people who are too sensitive, refuse to accept truth and enable one another. You left like others because you all wanted to go to a place that was "safe" instead of staying on DD, listen to us and improve. Moving to a lesser server as trash does not have a positive impact on that community. I am sure you will say I am incorrect in this statement but that just goes to show that I am right. You, like the others, refuse to accept the truth and grow from that. It's a video game. Perhaps you all need to get sunlight.
    I moved to another server because there was zero pvp on dwarrowdelf for about 2 month. Before you start thinking what i said was aimed at you and the others you hang around with, it was not. I said the dwarrowdelf community was toxic so dont flatter yourself.

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Swordsman View Post
    You are right AND you're wrong at the same time :P I agree that there are people out there who are very sensitive and stuff. BUT I've seen stuff being said in /world that was toxic indeed. I know for one that a friend of mine came to try Dwarrow after I told her it was a great ommunity. She tried it for a week, but then fled back to Gladden because
    Dwarrowdelf is a mean and harsh place
    . This might be a bit exxagerated, but nevertheless there are moments where Dwarrow can be toxic. But there are of course a lot of great and funny moments as well

I hope we can keep the great (which is the biggest) part of this community together when we move

Lorim

My main is on Dwarrowdelf and I have multiple alts here also. I also have a few alts on Landy - I like to listen to music now and then, also I wanted the Weathertop titlle. I believe it was last year we crashed the server a couple of times during the gathering on Weathertop.

When the world demise came up I made an alt on Arkenstone.

Here are my two cents, I have noticed the auction house on Landy has more activity than the auction house on Arkenstone. And, World chat, on Arkenstone, seems to be dominated by a couple of characters including one who likes to threaten to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleana View Post
    And, World chat, on Arkenstone, seems to be dominated by a couple of characters including one who likes to threaten to kill you.
    That was happened on DD before haha. If Ark is the server DD decides to migrate to, that troll will descend very quickly.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Poll to vote for landy is now closed. Nay vote means that Landy will remain excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Host- View Post
    Dwarrowdelf community is toxic
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy12410 View Post
    If Ark is the server DD decides to migrate to, that troll will descend very quickly.
    Makes sense

Poll to vote for landy is now closed. Nay vote means that Landy will remain excluded.
    Result

The World Chat seemed better today on Arkenstone. The server had a number of new players transfer in. The auction house still seems slow, but it may be because they do not have as large a population.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleana View Post
    The World Chat seemed better today on Arkenstone. The server had a number of new players transfer in. The auction house still seems slow, but it may be because they do not have as large a population.
    I feel that's why everyone is leaning to Ark - it's small.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast