We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

Windfola's pvp sucks significantly less than both BW's and E's at the moment.

Cheers!

~ Cirq - r13 LM - Apex (RIP) - Elendilmir (RIP) // Cirone of Windfola (RIP) ~

That 5v12 was fun, amusing we got more kills than the other side though lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    Windfola's pvp sucks significantly less than both BW's and E's at the moment.

Cheers!
    I miss you, Princess.

From what I've heard, it seems like we offer less laggy fighting, though.

Also, the PvP, when we get the numbers, has been significantly more fun than the moors. Honestly I love this new map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuc View Post
    From what I've heard, it seems like we offer less laggy fighting, though.

Also, the PvP, when we get the numbers, has been significantly more fun than the moors. Honestly I love this new map.
    The map is only as good as the players make it, which I've seen range from terrible to very compelling.

On BW, it's just a shuffle back and forth across the main bridge. This is excellent for commendations (20ish a tag compared to 5-15ish glory) but absolutely miserable for anyone looking for a decent pvp experience. Combined with a lag, the repetitive motions are enough to drive anyone away-- yet there continues to be two dozen-plus on each side at any given time which baffles me to no end. I would love to play on that server if players were actually willing to move about the map to fight in more interesting locales, but the allure of the grind seems to be too strong.

While far from perfect, Windy has thus far offered a certain amount variation that BW lacks. If I take a group and start attacking the Palace, if there's a group of freeps out, they'll come contest it. The same often goes for the smaller bridges. These have actually made for some really great fights; I still have hopes of getting some group v group going near the waters! Now creeps have tended to have the benefit of numbers and experienced leadership (Ryu, Anca, etc.) while freeps suffer from an overabundance of healing rks and a lack of dps. Hopefully that will continue to improve as time goes on, but ultimately, I'm optimistic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when Windy inevitably closes soon, the majority of its pvpers will choose a common new home.

Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    The map is only as good as the players make it, which I've seen range from terrible to very compelling.

On BW, it's just a shuffle back and forth across the main bridge. This is excellent for commendations (20ish a tag compared to 5-15ish glory) but absolutely miserable for anyone looking for a decent pvp experience. Combined with a lag, the repetitive motions are enough to drive anyone away-- yet there continues to be two dozen-plus on each side at any given time which baffles me to no end. I would love to play on that server if players were actually willing to move about the map to fight in more interesting locales, but the allure of the grind seems to be too strong.

While far from perfect, Windy has thus far offered a certain amount variation that BW lacks. If I take a group and start attacking the Palace, if there's a group of freeps out, they'll come contest it. The same often goes for the smaller bridges. These have actually made for some really great fights; I still have hopes of getting some group v group going near the waters! Now creeps have tended to have the benefit of numbers and experienced leadership (Ryu, Anca, etc.) while freeps suffer from an overabundance of healing rks and a lack of dps. Hopefully that will continue to improve as time goes on, but ultimately, I'm optimistic. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when Windy inevitably closes soon, the majority of its pvpers will choose a common new home.
    Tell me your BW creep/freep names so i can harass you when i find some inspiration to actually login in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    Tell me your BW creep/freep names so i can harass you when i find some inspiration to actually login in the game.
    Not sure my red ranked defiler will provide much inspiration for anyone, but it's name is Cirreal. Though I'm mostly on Windy under the same name. Guess that will all change soon anyway!