We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deximus View Post
    It's also against CoC to correct people's spelling. Very classy. Keep right on with that mentality of thinking that you are better than everyone else.
    Thank you, I appreciate your input.

I went to Landroval, and I found that 2/3 of the community was GREAT. The other 1/3 were a bunch of arrogant, intolerant, aggressive, angry, projecting jerks. I simply asked if it was ok to bring up politics or religion in world chat (we do it all the time on my server) and I was told to go die in a hole and that I belonged on Brandywine as one of the worst trolls ever. Note that I did NOT actually bring up those topics, just asked if it could be done. For anyone that wants to be on a server that will report you for mentioning ANYTHING OOC even in world chat Landroval is the place for you. If you're a progressive fascist landroval is also the place for you. If you want to be on a server that loves rp, and looks down on everyone else that happens to like pvp or end game content, you'll love Landroval. Go to Gladden if you like pvp/endgame/rp/freedom.
    I actually remember this conversation on world chat. A couple of the standard trolls took a pot shot and things devolved quickly. I will say that world chat can be toxic at times, but when you're dealing with the larger numbers that Landroval does, it can lead to problems. I did my best to be reasonable, but if I recall correctly the tone and approach you've taken above was the one you took when one of our standard trolls took a pot-shot and despite what many of us were saying the throttle never decreased.

Comstrike is a good guy, and I can't recall the last time I even saw him in world chat. The Sons are a strong entity in and of themselves much like the Lonely Mountain Band and other established kins. Do your research here and then try to find folks in game would be my suggestion and always be wary of the trolls in world chat

(I've bounced around servers from time to time and the trolls are similar on all the servers with the worst being Brandywine. Gladden too was not immune the last time I was there... things just happen... Look at the events and the organizations when making your decisions I guess is what I"m saying.)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    In case it illuminates this, there's a very active Oceanic-time-zone raiding kin called Oceanic Warriors on Landroval already, so there is definitely activity that time of day, though there's also definitely room for more.
    There has always been a strong Oceanic influence on Landroval. I know of many groups and individuals that play while the US sleeps.

We welcome one and all to Landroval!
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Quote Originally Posted by AdarinOuest View Post
    I actually remember this conversation on world chat. A couple of the standard trolls took a pot shot and things devolved quickly. I will say that world chat can be toxic at times, but when you're dealing with the larger numbers that Landroval does, it can lead to problems. I did my best to be reasonable, but if I recall correctly the tone and approach you've taken above was the one you took when one of our standard trolls took a pot-shot and despite what many of us were saying the throttle never decreased.

Comstrike is a good guy, and I can't recall the last time I even saw him in world chat. The Sons are a strong entity in and of themselves much like the Lonely Mountain Band and other established kins. Do your research here and then try to find folks in game would be my suggestion and always be wary of the trolls in world chat

(I've bounced around servers from time to time and the trolls are similar on all the servers with the worst being Brandywine. Gladden too was not immune the last time I was there... things just happen... Look at the events and the organizations when making your decisions I guess is what I"m saying.)

There has always been a strong Oceanic influence on Landroval. I know of many groups and individuals that play while the US sleeps.

See, now here is one of the good people of Landroval. Thank you for your kind words. I will just chalk up the experience as a few trolls that are for whatever reason really hateful. As for Comstrike, well it looks like he'd rather just stay on the offensive and he's someone I'd avoid in the interest of having a positive gaming experience.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

See, now here is one of the good people of Landroval. Thank you for your kind words. I'll just chalk up this other guy as a troll that is for whatever reason really hateful. As for that person, well it looks like he'd rather continue his offensive and he's someone I won't have to avoid in interest of having a positive gaming experience.....because he'll be on Gladden not our community.

this is the same dexter that came, asked if politic/religious topics are ok in world chat (iirc CoC states clearly it is not) and who upon being told so started pouting and arguing.

the same person that then started over the next days sometimes simultanously on several prepared level 3 or 4 charcters to spew general belittling comments in world chat about landroval PvP, concerts and about anything you can think of.

so yes. take the kin you supposedly lead, put it where the sun doesnt shine and dont let the door hit ya where god split ya on the way out of landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by akkibora View Post
    this is the same dexter that came, asked if politic/religious topics are ok in world chat (iirc CoC states clearly it is not) and who upon being told so started pouting and arguing.

the same person that then started over the next days sometimes simultanously on several prepared level 3 or 4 charcters to spew general belittling comments in world chat about landroval PvP, concerts and about anything you can think of.

so yes. take the kin you supposedly lead, put it where the sun doesnt shine and dont let the door hit ya where god split ya on the way out of landroval.

Reported for lies, harassment, and abuse. Another example of someone from Landroval that is arrogant and rude. I LOVE pvp, I have no problem with concerts or RPing, and I never belittled anyone. I also was on ONE account. The others had seen on my server that I was heading to Landy because I was talking about it and thought it would be funny to make Dex names and come over. I can NOT control what other people say or do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

I actually remember this conversation on world chat.........but if I recall correctly the tone and approach you've taken above was the one you took when one of our standard trolls took a pot-shot and despite what many of us were saying the throttle never decreased.
    Correct. And it is continuing in this thread. Give it a rest guys, got enough of it the other night.

...because you enjoy chickeny things as much as many of us do!

Seriously, even outside of Month a' the Chicken, folks consistently offer chicken quest help, and random chicken session goofiness can be seen world wide. We are a niche, to be certain, but we're happy nestled within it! (Out of curiosity, I just tried a search of this subforum for the last year using the word "chicken", and over a page worth of results came back just from the last year: https://www.lotro.com/forums/search....archid=7214582)

So if you enjoy chicken anything in LOTRO, even if only to talk of how much you like X chicken dish to eat, you'll find some folks of like mind here.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Aug 11 2015 at 03:31 PM.
    Would you like to join the staff of The Landy Lately? Send a PM here or Quick Post Wellie.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

I went to Landroval, and I found that 2/3 of the community was GREAT. The other 1/3 were a bunch of arrogant, intolerant, aggressive, angry, projecting jerks.
    OMG! That's a huge proportion!

I simply asked if it was ok to bring up politics or religion in world chat
    Um. . .I kinda doubt that the collection of folks in World chat on any server can be considered representative of the its population. Now it all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    ...because you enjoy chickeny things as much as many of us do!

Seriously, even outside of Month a' the Chicken, folks consistently offer chicken quest help, and random chicken session goofiness can be seen world wide. We are a niche, to be certain, but we're happy nestled within it! (Out of curiosity, I just tried a search of this subforum for the last year using the word "chicken", and over a page worth of results came back just from the last year: https://www.lotro.com/forums/search....archid=7214582)

So if you enjoy chicken anything in LOTRO, even if only to talk of how much you like X chicken dish to eat, you'll find some folks of like mind here.
    Ahhh, chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    Um. . .I kinda doubt that the collection of folks in World chat on any server can be considered representative of the its population. Now it all makes sense.
    There's also a fair amount of "the lady doth protest too much methinks" going on here. The conversation in question may not have happened exactly as the protesting party makes it out...

Oh I do love the chicken runs. I liked the contingent that came to the last Weatherstock!

We're a great community with concerts, helpful folks, and lots of people looking to get back to group adventuring if you're up for it!

Side Note: Baruk Khazad is looking for a handful of dwarves to provide some fresh blood. You'd have to like a quiet kin with casual players, but we are helpful and would provide (perhaps an alt) with a great RP hook to be in an all-dwarf kin, a supportive environment for what you need to succeed, and another source of competent group members. Even if you don't join, join the BK userchannel and we can chat dwarf-kind.

Finally...

Re: Argumentative types...

I found this in my casual browsing and thought it would apply here. The only slight iteration of the fallacy here is that any sharpshooter who takes shots (bringing up politics and religion) knows the paint will be provided in short order.
    https://youtu.be/_tcBsryYd6s
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

Right. Everyone enjoy your chicken runs. If that's your thing more power to you. If it isn't don't expect a warm welcome. I'll be leveling my toon and getting in the Sons of Numenor so I can see for myself how amazing that kin is.

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    With respect if you have to ask if religion or politics are considered bad topics to bring-up in public chat than you clearly don't understand the nature of such open and social games generally. Nothing good ever comes from such discussions and some people freely use such discussions to incite pretty nasty rhetoric. We did have somebody I remember a couple of years back who both in the forms here and in-game sought to sow some of the most vitriol topics and divisive #### under the viel of "RP" and was very simply run off the server. I think he might also have been sanctioned, or at least warned directly or indirectly by Sapience and Turbine to knock it off.

And I can't disagree enough with the assertion that mentioning "anything" (whatever in the world you are defining that to mean here) OOC is reported overtly. Your inflammatory declaration of our community as being some kind of "progressive fascist" whatever, if anything, makes the case why most of us would happily seek to drive somebody like you away. If somebody reads your comments and actually buys into the assertions, I agree, they should go to Gladden, or wait for Brandywine to open up.

There are a fair number of folks whom the community on Landroval has, by its nature, caused to self-purge. Clearly we are the better for it. Heck, if they don't like you in World Chat then something very obviously is wrong with you, not the server community.
    Deximus,

I agree with Comstrike. Those types of topics on World Chat especially are fuel for fire. I came across this thread, Deximus....and I'm sorry to see how antagonistic your responses are. I am disappointed that even though you declare 2/3 of Landroval people are great...you still choose to emphasize the worst of it in comparison. You are looking to fault -find....and thus you are ostrasizing yourself from folks who will easily read your comments as inflammatory.

This does resemble a bait - hook type of behavior. ....first by characteristically pointing out the good in a person and/or community....and then fixating on negatives. If you say that 2/3 of Landroval population are great.....then let me see 2/3 of positive observations. It seems that your focus on negatives far outweigh the 2/3 magical number.

Sons of Numenor kinship is one of the finest on Landroval server. Their kin members have been generous to host various festivals and events, which takes time, coordination, and a lot of heart and soul put into it. I remember going to one of their crafters markets, whereby they had crafters sell materials for very low and reasonable prices. This was around the Bree area, plus many were in RP mode, which made it quite an amazing immersive experience.
    Last edited by FionahFeet; Aug 20 2015 at 10:41 AM.
    "The road goes ever on......" ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

16. My video can't really compete, but here it is anyway. Landroval has equestrian events! Racing, rodeo, horse shows (mounted fashion contests), and more!

--= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2