We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Guardians pvp help

After so many players asking me on setup for u16.2 pvp, please find a short video on setup and some skill rotations, alot of guardians know all this but theres still alot that doesn't, hope it helps new guardians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWTxo3rDD6I

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCe-Rv-rHA

Any specific reason you don't have insult to injury maxed out? A 50% chance to proc a bleed is beautiful. My thrill build traits are very similar to yours, I just reduce to points in numbed senses and the +inc healing trait to add to insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    Any specific reason you don't have insult to injury maxed out? A 50% chance to proc a bleed is beautiful. My thrill build traits are very similar to yours, I just reduce to points in numbed senses and the +inc healing trait to add to insult.
    hey kaern like i said this is for newbie guardians, of course old guardians know whats best for themselfs, insult to injury Your damaging attacks have a chance to renew all debuffs on your target, its for debuffs not bleeds.

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

Quote Originally Posted by yorrie View Post
    hey kaern like i said this is for newbie guardians, of course old guardians know whats best for themselfs, insult to injury Your damaging attacks have a chance to renew all debuffs on your target, its for debuffs not bleeds.
    Actually it's for bleeds, too. And probably one of the most important traits for a damaging Guardian.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern48 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Actually it's for bleeds, too. And probably one of the most important traits for a damaging Guardian.
    Great debate!

[Radiate] Your damaging area of effect skills will transfer your damaging and non-damaging debuffs to additional targets.

[Insult to Injury] Your damaging attacks have a chance to renew all debuffs on your target.

By the way that [Radiate] is worded a bleed would be considered a type of debuff in the category of a damaging debuff.

Since [Insult to Injury] says it has a chance to renew ALL DEBUFFS then I would assume that it would renew bleeds since the wording of [Radiate] labels a bleed as a damaging debuff.

... Feel free to debate or enlighten.

There's nothing to debate. Test it properly and you'll see a large increase in the number of bleed ticks.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...54215-Confused
    Turwe, Meneldor ~ Alakra, Meneldor ~ Snuke, Meneldor ~ Suge-1, Brandywine

Thanks for the video Yorrie! I can positively confirm that Insult to Injury does indeed increase your bleed damage significantly - I have both that and radiate maxed out.

Another thought - instead of going full audacity armour, several folks on my server are going with four 5-slot pieces and two 3-slot pieces. This gives the two-piece set bonus and a gain of 8 essence slots, which you can use for increased morale, fill in crit def or more damage. Just a thought
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    Another thought - instead of going full audacity armour, several folks on my server are going with four 5-slot pieces and two 3-slot pieces. This gives the two-piece set bonus and a gain of 8 essence slots, which you can use for increased morale, fill in crit def or more damage. Just a thought
    While I own six of the new audacity pieces I am currently only using two of them for PvMP. My current PvMP build is four audacity + two 5-slot essence pieces (for Morale). When I get more 5-slot pieces I may consider using a 4 ess + 2 aud build. At the moment I am finding the 4-slot pieces inadequate compared to the audacity pieces because Audacity gives +% to Damage.

Currently in PvMP I am running with 35K Morale and 48K PM (around 168%). Where I would like to see my build go eventually is around 32K Morale and a Physical Mastery rating of at least 60-70K, probably a percentage between 180-200%. While I don't want to flop over dead, at the same time I don't enjoy these long battles to kill a creep. I want to hit hard and kill them fast. Yeah, yeah.. it sounds like I want my Guardian to be a Champion, well.. yeah actually I do when I am DPS though I realize that I'll never get the large devastates that a Champion will, but then we get more survivability.

Most of the servers soon are going to be like brandywine, its going to be full audacity armour only for me sorry, nothing else comes close, when you have 20+ creeps raining down on you 4/5 slot essence armour hasn't got it! i still win most 1v1 with no heals with full audacity, haven't won one yet with 4 essence 2 moors armour with dps build, my dps was actually lower.

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

With all due respect, that trait tree is not how you want to trait. You want to max out Insult to Injury, it's one of your main damage sources.

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=37Y

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    With all due respect, that trait tree is not how you want to trait. You want to max out Insult to Injury, it's one of your main damage sources.

Hey mate, your probably right, like i said a lot of pvp guardians know whats best for themselves, im getting asked a lot, how i play, like in you trait tree I wouldn't trait Brutal assault, skill is way to slow for me, I wouldn't cut it out with ignore the pain, power cost to high, stamp I use with sweeping cut.
    But still trait tree very much the same as mine.

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

Hey mate, your probably right, like i said a lot of pvp guardians know whats best for themselves, im getting asked a lot, how i play, like in you trait tree I wouldn't trait Brutal assault, skill is way to slow for me, I wouldn't cut it out with ignore the pain, power cost to high, stamp I use with sweeping cut.
    But still trait tree very much the same as mine.
    Just try maxing it out, I would say it's more worth it than the 3% inc healing Glad to see you're still having fun with your guard ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post

Any particular reason why you trait tireless blows? I find myself hardly using brutal assault because of the slow animiation and i rather use stamp to cut other animations.
    MacSwaggis (formerly MacHaggis) R12 HNT , HeavyHaggis R10 GRD, Scrubtain R7 CPT
    Haggisbash R8 RVR , Haggisgash R7 WL

I actually don't even have Brutal Assault on my toolbars :P In my testing, sting + stagger is faster, does more combined damage, and can heal you for more. No brainer for me.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide