We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RIP Big E

Back when I started in early 2010, I accidentally rolled on an US server instead of an EU one. My entire playtime got shuffled up because of wrong timezones, but the server was so good that I did not feel like re-rolling on an EU server again. That server was Elendilmir.

The loss is going to be great, but to be really fair, most of the folks who made this server what it was, so many different communities/etc, have been gone for a long time as well.

Here's to the old memories and hopefully some new ones on the surviving servers.

Hi all,

I got all misty-eyed when I found out that our world will be closing. I have so many fond memories of friends and adventures over these last 8 years. Many friends have come and gone over the years, but still I continue to play (nowhere near what I used to do but I still pop in from time to time . I will go to whatever new world my kin chooses.

"Home is behind, the world ahead,
    And there are many paths to tread
    Through shadows to the edge of night,
    Until the stars are all alight.
    Then world behind and home ahead,
    We'll wander back and home to bed.
    Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
    Away shall fade! Away shall fade!”

Long live the legacy of Elendilmir!

Jaadzira
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000000117c/01008/signature.png]Jaadzira[/charsig]

Even though Elendilmir hasn't been as great as it once was, still sad to see it go. So many good memories. I met lots of great people and had the best of times in the moors.

Going to miss it, I hope to see familiar faces in which ever server i end up going to.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss
    Alliance of the First Age ~ Crickhollow

I still remember and talk about the amazing pvp and fun I've had. Been thinking about coming back and find this! *cries* RIP Elendilmir. You were home for a very long time and won't be forgotten.

~Shadowrayne

Big E has been my home for 8 years and I'll miss it greatly. Safe travels to everyone and I hope the rest of y'all find a new home you like!

Be sure to have some Pie in Big E's honor! I know I will!
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Vyxe never quite getting to his dinner before 11pm.
    Not that things are different in GW2

Vyxe you should login so in can clobber you to death a couple times for old times and giggles. I promise not to champ ball you in TR steps, in an OP or in a corner of OST.

Unhappy Missing you...

I came to this game only because a friend persuaded me after years of playing Diablo. I decided to try this game for free and loved it instantly. Next day I bought a lifetime account. I started on Brandywine, emailed my friend I was in now. He told me I was not on his server so I made another on Elendilmir. I played solo and kinless for quite some time. After awhile became bored again. I joined a kin and was introduced to group content. Had no idea what I was doing at first or what was going on but it was fun! After a few casual kins I was in turned into ghost towns I decided it was time to quit...of course that didn't work out because of the Ost Dunhoth raid. Curious to find out what raiding was I applied to a raiding kin, was accepted (probably out of desperation) and learned how to raid. I'll never regret coming here. Raiding/grouping is the best experiences I've had here. PVP was fun too, but I have a fear of being chased... All the people I've played with I hope to see them again before the end. I miss the old days of E.

#jinglejangle
    Meliane - [EU] Snowbourn
    Meliana - Elendilimir (RIP)

This is heartbreaking.

I have never had more fun or more memorable experiences in video games than playing on Elendilmir with all you wonderful people.

Jingle Jangle for life!!

Can haz piez plz? [Jewelled Bell] goes *Jingle, Jangle*

May the star of Elendilmir shine in our diaspora to other servers. Once an E, always an E!

Man, so sad :'(, *lays another wreath on Elendilmir's tomb, hikes up the backpack, takes a deep breath, sets his jaw and marches to another server*
    What I type here, is only so I don't get banned. What I really think goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoeworth View Post
    May the star of Elendilmir shine in our diaspora to other servers. Once an E, always an E!
    I heard the Oceanic Folk from E mostly came to Ark - what about you make a thread on the Arkenstone Forum just for Nostalgia in our Forum over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Elace View Post
    I heard the Oceanic Folk from E mostly came to Ark - what about you make a thread on the Arkenstone Forum just for Nostalgia in our Forum over there?
    Gladly my fellow E
    What I type here, is only so I don't get banned. What I really think goes here.

Goodbye to the server that gave me some amazing moments. Seven years ago I started on this server and made some new friends. Thanks to all the awesome players on the Big E. What good times we had.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000bc630/01002/signature.png]Cyrowen[/charsig]

Asreth (hunter/Elf) Lvl 90, Galaiwen (Loremaster/Elf) Lvl 90, Kirstina (Burg/ Hobbit) Lvl 87, Tankette (Guardian/Hobbit) Lvl 59, Gladyolis (Minnie/Hobbit) Lvl 40

What I would not give to cliff-jump one last time with a Craid in tow...

./easymode-speedyboots RIP
    [CENTER][I][SIZE=1](D)[/SIZE][/I][SIZE=3]after thought criminal element[/SIZE]
    [B][I][U]time explained:[/U][/I][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jjZdyH6io[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Farewell to Elendilmir , the shining star of all the servers. To my brothers and sisters of the Greyflood, I will never forget the times we had and the adventures we shared.

I thank you Elborigorn, even though we have all parted ways, you kept DotG going for a long time.

Tyranis
    Captain of the Greyflood

I've been away for a few years, but was thinking of coming back for a while. I guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still heartened to see names in this thread that date back to the beta days. Goodbye Elendilmir, we had some good times.
    ~ Mithril Crowns, Elendilmir ~
    Parko (65) Hobbit Minstrel
    1 Chalk Road, Whitwich, The Shire

O.m.g!!!!

Even now all this time has passed. I still miss the days of E and really miss a lot of my friends who basically no longer play at all. The closing of E really did kill a community for me and since then I just wander like a lost soul sometimes going server to server looking for a home. I went to Ark, then Brandy, back to Ark, gave the legendary server Anor a go and then even tried my luck on Evernight. but no matter where I go... it's nothing like E.
    Last edited by Dozerous; Mar 17 2020 at 03:56 AM.
    Darkdozerous - R12 - Defiler
    Evildozerous - R8 - Rune-Keeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2