We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ozraid Announcement... Our New Home!

Ozraid is a Lord of the Rings Online raid group located on Turbine's Elendilmir and Nimrodel servers.

Turbine has decided to consolidate its existing US and EU servers for The Lord of the Rings Online. This has seen the two servers Ozraid runs events on scheduled to close in 2016.

It is our pleasure to announce where we've chosen to make our new home... We hope the community on our new server welcomes us, and to be able to share epic levels of enjoyment, excitement, and fun with them!

ARKENSTONE... YOU will be our new home! Huzzah!

A number of kinships and players from Elendilmir and Nimrodel - varying in timezones from the American, to European, and Oceanic - will be making the move with us.

If you have any questions feel free to post below, send myself (Sethco) a forum message, email ozraid@ozraid.org, or in-game mail on Arkenstone, Elendilmir, and Nimrodel.

Let the excitement continue!!!
    Characters : Sethco (Minstrel), Rothco (Minstrel), Volco (Burglar), Api (Lore-master), Mythco (Guardian).

www.ozraid.com - or - www.ozraid.org

Pardon my ignorance, but who does OzRaid comprise of?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000017dabe/01008/signature.png]Elantar[/charsig]

Ozraid isn't a kinship alliance, or kinship itself. We're a raid group comprised of players from multiple kins across Elendilmir (and Nimrodel). Think of it as a banner. It's coordinated on E by myself (Sethco), a member of Aurora Australis, and Kelleran, the leader of Corruption Syndicate.

We keep a low profile. It makes our jobs and lives easier

Ozraid also exists - and in fact began - six years ago on Nimrodel. So there's an entirely separate raid group on that server that raids and plays under the same banner.

Players in various Oceanic and American kins (even a Japanese kinship!) are members. Players who're friends irl and in those small, friendly kins / groups you never really hear about are members. Players with no kins are members. The criteria for membership's moderate, not excessive (i.e. see the FAQ on the http://www.ozraid.com web site).

Happy to list example of members privately. Or you can join the Ozraid channel (/joinchannel ozraid). Naming (and shaming) players I'll leave to YouTube videos, screenshots, and their foolish antics...

One thing I never did get around to doing is network with the Osgiliath Guard (The Older Gamers). I guess an analogy would be being a member of The Older Gamers, but you're a member of x kin rather than The Osgiliath Guard.
    Characters : Sethco (Minstrel), Rothco (Minstrel), Volco (Burglar), Api (Lore-master), Mythco (Guardian).

Namecheck! Never too late to start networking

What was it about Arkenstone that led to your decision?

We're still working out the options and consulting the members - we hit the kinship cap of 1500 characters regularly, so it's a big move for us.
    Co-Leader of The Osgiliath Guard, Arkenstone (ex Elendilmir)
    Osdor, Osdur, Osdrina, etc...

Hi Osdor,

Ozraid met with various kin leaders, and players who play in the Oceanic timezone involved in what we do across two servers. We weighed up the pros and cons (short, medium, and long-term) for each server, and discussed the five servers amongst ourselves. Those discussions then went through to the kins and players involved, and amongst those kinships and our players, Arkenstone emerged as the consensus.

Ozraid's key philosophy is: We play The Lord of the Rings Online to have fun with like-minded people.

We believe in creating an engaging, enjoyable, fun, friendly, open, and relaxed raid environment that players want to be a part of. We work together to achieve content, and develop and support players in a patient manner to this end. It may take us time to complete a challenging raid, but the payoff is worth it!

We had multiple players review each of the five servers (and more!) over the past few months, and based our decision on the following :
    • Which servers will best suit our philosophy.
    • The factors kins and players associated with Ozraid identified as important in a server.
    • The concerns or issues of kins and players associated with Ozraid.

We also took into consideration cultural changes based on an influx of players.