We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A greener pasture: DBS Blacksheep, where should we go?

With the eventual closure of Meneldor later this year/free transfers until Oct 1st it seems like a good idea to discuss where and if we should move elsewhere as a kinship.

Our current choices are:

Arkenstone
    Crickhollow
    Landroval
    Gladden
    Brandywine

My personal preference is somewhere besides Landroval and Brandywine but of the other three remaining... eh.

Thoughts?
    It is not my fault you have failed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001a7585/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Gladden. Let's ALL go to Gladden.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001149da/01003/signature.png]Dexteron[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by lordnyx View Post
    With the eventual closure of Meneldor later this year/free transfers until Oct 1st
    you can transfer off of meneldor forever for free
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lordnyx View Post
    With the eventual closure of Meneldor later this year/free transfers until Oct 1st it seems like a good idea to discuss where and if we should move elsewhere as a kinship.

Our current choices are:

Arkenstone
    Crickhollow
    Landroval
    Gladden
    Brandywine

My personal preference is somewhere besides Landroval and Brandywine but of the other three remaining... eh.

Thoughts?

As a former member of DBS Blacksheep, if that even means anything anymore, I would recommend trying out the different servers for a few days at a time then make your decision. Landroval has been a good server for me. My reason for re-rolling over there was because I didn't see people online in the kin over on Meneldor but I kept in contact with a few members via other social media. Brandywine is supposedly going to be closed to transfers at the start from what I understand though.

In a way I suppose it's more about what you're looking for. I don't know much about the other servers that remain so I couldn't help you there. Just know Landroval doesn't force people to rp and doesn't tolerate trolling other players. Last I recall such behavior wasn't tolerated in DBS to begin with (the trolling I mean). If you do go to Landroval let me know. It'll be nice to see old kinmates again.
    Tessariel Aerlinn of Landroval
    Elven Minstrel of Rivendell
    Member of Sons of Numenor

As a member of DBS since 2007 I've seen a lot of things change within the kin. Personally I think the kinship should just fade into the sunset along with Meneldor. The kin is really defunct now anyway. I did enjoy the first couple of years immensely within the kin. When I couldn't run Rift with all the senior members I would still listen to them run it every weekend on Team Speak.

Thanks for all the memories and maybe we'll see each other again on another world.

Ed
    Giledain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000075d6c/01003/signature.png]Giledain[/charsig]

I remember you but I'm not sure you remember me. I played Serawen and Amarwen back when I first started to play LOTRO. I remember a lot of good times back when the kin was very active then I took time away due to medical and personal reasons. When I got back it was so quiet so I rolled a new character on Landroval since I was curious about the whole RP aspect and the music events. I wasn't able to transfer characters at the time since transfers to Landroval were closed. Later I did transfer Serawen and my hunter Lyrariel over but I left Amarwen behind to keep in DBS, but when I logged back into her she was basically kicked out of the kin. I guess it was simply due to my not being active but I know of someone else in the roster that wasn't kicked out and hasn't been online on Meneldor for longer than me. Oh well those are the breaks eh?

Either way if any DBS members come over to Landroval do let me know. This goes for former DBS members too. It'll simply be nice to see old friends regardless if the kin is moved over or not.
    Tessariel Aerlinn of Landroval
    Elven Minstrel of Rivendell
    Member of Sons of Numenor

I really enjoyed the kinship back when I was actively playing, a kinship doesn't make sense for me today with my on again off again playstyle and being rather busy in RL so I just went and transfered everything to landroval. not planning to join another kin at this time. but who knows what the future holds

Anobyrt
    Anothelion
    Mamonna
    Mamoni