We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Need Help

Exclamation Need Help

Hi Everyone.

I need advise frome the best guard in this world.

Since Update 16, it's a pain for me for survivability. I try several time to do Osgiliath 3 men run and I don't understand why I drop so fast. Can you give me some advise...! ;o)

Here is my build and stats:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...UNRbFJjcjNCWjg

Defence
    =======
    Resistance:30%
    Critical Defense:80%
    Incoming Healing:12%

Avoidance
    =========
    Block:30%/12.5%/37.5%
    Parry:19%/9%/35%
    Evade:7%/2%/6%

Mitigations
    ===========
    Physical:60%
    Tactical:60%

Thx for your help. ;o)
    Last edited by karfax13; Aug 09 2015 at 08:07 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000081892/01003/signature.png]Karfax[/charsig]

Even without being a "Great Guardian", one can see that your stats are unbalanced.
    Critical Defense:80% :a lot too much. 60% is usually sufficient (> 50% is for devastating hits)
    Incoming Healing:12% : too low. I set it around 35% on my Guardian, but it is mainly for soloing and 28-30% should be sufficient
    Block:30% : too high. You need too many points for 24%+
    Evade:7% : too low. You would need around 18-20%
    Last edited by Castorix; Aug 09 2015 at 08:14 AM.

Also increase your morale. 26k tanking is really low.

Kaern and Castorix are correct.

Set target goals of BPE of 23-25% Block, 20-24% Parry, 15-18% Evade.

As a taunt-based tank (because that's what you are) you should easily have 40-50K Morale, but since you are so low try to at least get up to between 32-38K Morale as quickly as possible.

Having a look at your trait tree.. it completely doesn't jive with your build. First off you have 0% Finesse so on a T2 Osg instance skills such as Shield-smash, Smashing Stab, Disorienting Blows and Break Ranks are useless if you do not have Finesse. Try to have at least 10,000 Finesse which is roughly around I believe 20-24% Finesse. I trait 16,000 Finesse which puts me around 31-33% Finesse.

You traited Sting to have a chance to open up your Parry chain, but by using Sting you are cashing out your Fortifications which makes you weak and vulnerable.

Likewise you traited Break Ranks which while it will give you 15s of +20% damage it comes at the cost of your fortifications which you cannot resume rebuilding until after 5s when the buff ends, there's also a passive +5% damage bonus but at the cost of losing your fortifications for 20s this is definitely not worth it.

Disorientation is largely a wasted skill.

When in Blue the class trait Insult to Injury and Radiate are a waste, better to invest in High-spirited (for inc. healing) and Bolster (for crit def).

I'll offer up a couple tank builds for you to play with but honestly you would benefit with at least 10K Finesse.

Blue w/ Jug
    http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=39t

Blue w/ Pain
    http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=39v

Also note that the class trait skill Thrill of Battle is only good if you have a high Critical Rating, otherwise it is another wasted skill to invest in. I have it listed in both of the build I listed simply because in my tank build I have both high Finesse and Critical Rating. If you don't plan on having a high crit chance then you could probably invest in Bolster.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Aug 09 2015 at 09:57 PM.