We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Elendilmir Kin Leaders or Officers Only Please Official Oceanic Server input

Hello all Sigewolf here. I have made this post as many /tells I get ask.

E is the Official Oceanic server. Where is the new one. As well it would be nice to know where X kin( insert name ) is going.

I know of more then a few aussie kins heading to Arkenstone including > https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...t-Our-New-Home!
    AA \ CS etc + E friends of mine

There will be lots on gladden for oceanic time as well, but with gladden it could be the Official anything since it is already the Official default Steam suggested server.

Landi Officail rp Server

Crickhallow official F2P server

So I would like to in time with the E community that move to Arkenstone claim Arkenstone as official Oceanic server . The New un -official Oceanic server like E was. ;P

This may not be the case and we don't get to claim that title. With input from Kin Leaders and of officers E can try to figure that all out.

Please share your thoughts so E community can know if Your Kin agrees. Thank You

So I would like to have Kin Leaders and or Officers post Once >

Where are you heading and whether it was time zone \ Oceanic. Or Pvp or friends or Kin . Just a brief one time post from each kin Leader or Officer so E can get a feel where their time zone will be as far as there fav kins they play with goes

Ty for your time

Officer ITW ( Into the West) Sy Leader Ravy for voicing for kin, but had to get the post started ;P

new Server will be Arkenstone

Reason

Community. Yes that can change. but Not if all of Awesome E shows up. Will show them the ways of E if any need to learn it ;P kidding . Translation E Community was built one player at a time and still today has the best community of any off the server in my humble opinion. We can repeat E community on Arkenstone

8 closed servers jammed into 4 ( BW closed) there is no guaranties. Hope you will join ITW to make it so

Thank You for you time and input Kin Leaders \Officers

Please only One from each Kin post. No other random input from others Please so as to keep this thread to one ta two pages \ easy reference for E players

Officer voice from Elendilimir's Greatest Heroes (Jumana)

My kin has a pretty large oceanic community, but we span all time zones. Our make-up is mostly levelling toons questing in PvE and players who prefer to "do their own thing" with a bit of nice chat in the background. In that sense it's a home for light RP crafters too, as we help each other out with mats and so on. We have a few Lvl 80s to 100s who look to World chat for partners in tougher challenges in PvE as well; though we often say goodbye to members as they reach the higher levels as we are not as able to support them in their gaming needs.

With the above kin structure, what seems to be the message I get back from kin members is "We'd like to follow the majority of E". We have individuals going different ways because other Real Life friends/family are going to Crick, Ark, Glad or Landy, or because they want to try RP or more PvP. We will be sad to see these members go, but our outlook is still to move "where the majority of E goes" as the most important thing for our members is they get to see their same kin member friends still! We have pretty much rules our Landy though - RP is a very specific type of play, and we want to keep Landy a special place for those players to enjoy that in.

At the moment, our new home seems to be Gladden. My own "adventures" there have not been unpleasant - one long discussion about cures for a sore throat, and other "empty world chat" times - no significant trolls. However I do see the "risk of the future" where ALL servers will be busy all the time. I can see the advantage of having a "server identity" as Elendilmir has (had) as "unofficial oceanic" as it is a rallying point for bringing the community together. That may not be possible for Gladden with being the Turbine default. This brings with it a high turnover of players too.

Like you, Elendilmir's Greatest Heroes would like to hear from people with a little more experience of other servers, and why they positively want to move to X or Y server. It could really help us "undecideds" to decide.

now were rolling. Thank you for that input Elendilimir's Greatest Heroes Next up ?

ICY kinhouse Floor Sweeper
    Corruption Syndicate as stated in other threads is moving too Arkenstone with most of Ozraid ... p.s this is our group of Ozraid(ers) not the entire Oceanic community as people seem too think we are insinuating every time a thread is made regarding this .. hope too see lots of E peeps there

Scruffy, Officer, former leader, former deputy leader of Southern Cross.

Kin Vote is still in progress, but it is leaning heavily to Arkenstone.

Edit:

Arkenstone confirmed as destination world for Southern Cross
    Last edited by Scruffynerf; Aug 16 2015 at 07:17 AM.
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

When it comes to The Osgiliath Guard we are still discussing this topic. It will take some time before we have decided where to move our kinship.
    When a decision are made I will post an update here.

Derketo, 1 of 3 leaders of The Osgiliath Guard
    Last edited by laboriel; Aug 18 2015 at 12:33 AM.

No worries Sige! I was so busy with facebook, email, teamspeak, and other forms of correspondence that I actually never thought to post here.

As Sige said, Into the West is going to Arkenstone. Our kinship has people on pretty much 24 hours a day. We had to find a server that would make sure everyone would have others to play with.

We have spent the past few weeks checking out various servers, focusing on the servers that we felt were most likely going to be in the top 5. Once the announcement was made, we went back and discovered that some of the servers felt different (Judging at least partially by World chat). Arkenstone was by far the most friendly. Several of us created new characters on there. Once we got out of the starter area, people we did not know actually mailed us items that may be of use to someone leveling (like weapons and armor), without us asking. It is that friendly spirit and generosity that really sealed the deal for our kin. If people are willing to give away items like that, then it is not such a leap to believe that they would also be willing to help fill out a group for a raid or other instances.

As Sige listed above, we did eliminate the other servers one by one for various reasons. Some of our reasons may not be issues for other kins. We have held a total of THREE meetings as a kinship discussing the server merge. Between the meetings and the poll on our forums, the decision was obvious.

Our primary reasons were:

Landroval: A large portion of our kinship flat-out refused to move here. Between fear of ruining someone's role-playing experience, fear of grief over non-lore appropriate names, and just plain bad experiences on the server, it was the first server to be stricken from the list.

Crickhollow: During our various visits, several members observed people saying that they did not want any other server to join them. They could not make it any more obvious that we would not be welcome. Starting over on a new server will be stressful enough without adding a hostile environment to the mix.

The final vote came down to Gladden and Arkenstone.

Gladden: The biggest complaint was that the world chat was often very immature. We saw several instances of bullying. We would like to say that it was most likely the steam players (young, typically do not stick around long, and overall an almost WoW-like feel to the group) however, we just could not be sure. We like to be able to use World chat. It was pretty obvious that if we moved there, most of our members would turn World Chat off.

Do not take our reasoning and experiences as fact. These were simply our observations. The criteria for what ItW is looking for may very well be different than what others are. I simply wanted our reasoning and logic to be clearly stated so that you know we did our research.

Best of luck with your decisions.

P.S. Thanks again, Sige, for starting this. You are totally awesome. <3
    If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
    -George Burns

Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I don't know if this helps, but I just got word that a kin with Aussies on the Riddermark server is moving to Arkenstone, based on the possibility that Arkenstone seems to become the go-to place for Aussie timezoners. That kin name is "S.P.E.C.T.R.E", and isn't super big, but the leader is trying to pull any Aussies he can find on Riddermark over to Arkenstone.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

A majority of the Aussie players on Elendilmir and even some from Nimrodel have chosen Arkenstone as well. Elendilmir has a group known as Ozraid. Ozraid is an Oceanic timezone raiding group. It is comprised of members from numerous kinships, as well as a few who primarily play on other servers. They made a public announcement that they are going to Arkenstone. I do believe that they intend to build the Oceanic community on Arkenstone. If you play during that time zone, then you will have lots of company on Arkenstone to play with.
    If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
    -George Burns

Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"

DaxArya is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Supposer of Things

Solarien, Officer of small kinship The Red Guard

We were yet undecided, however this unofficial claiming of Arkenstone as Oceanic timezone would definitely swing our vote as we are an Oceanic kinship.

Great idea on the thread Sige! Be nice to see friendly faces wherever we go.

Quote Originally Posted by laboriel View Post
    When it comes to The Osgiliath Guard we are still discussing this topic. It will take some time before we have decided where to move as our kinship.
    When a decision are made I will post an update here.

Derketo, you beat me to it!

Personally I'm leaning towards Arkenstone for the Oceanic action & friendly community, but as Derketo said we are still discussing the options and the whole kinship will vote on it.

Osdor.
    Co-Leader of The Osgiliath Guard, Arkenstone (ex Elendilmir)
    Osdor, Osdur, Osdrina, etc...

I have been checking out both Arkenstone and Gladden. I have a lvl 10 champ on both at this time. I have a BA also on both. The PvP on Arkenstone is less then Gladden. Today at 5pn EST on Arkenstone I have 31 players listed in Bree Following. I went to creep side 1 listed, and I counted about 12 Creep - Freeps. No one in the lower Moors I could find or see.

Gladden I had 57 in Bree listed in the following page. Active world chat. Very little chat on Ark. I went creeps side about 25 - 30 PvP players. I joined a kin there Celtic Social Club. Very friendly. They had an active TS server. Many players in the TS channel. They also have an active Aussies group of players. At different times that I try the different servers I see more on Gladden then on Arkenstone.. I would think that with an around the clock population on Gladden that would be the choice for the Oceanic group.

A thought maybe we could pick a time for some people that have toons on both to get together and check them out as a group. This is a big move and I don't want to mess it up. I need to move my Kin someplace.

Thank You
    Pellamore

Pellamore Champion , Assaracus Hunter , Boii Captain , Ceallach = Burglar , Gallchobhair = Warden

Quote Originally Posted by Assaracus View Post
    A thought maybe we could pick a time for some people that have toons on both to get together and check them out as a group. This is a big move and I don't want to mess it up.
    Nabiki of Elendilimir's Greatest Heores is holding a meeting where we will be discussing all of the servers. We are hoping to get representatives for the servers to tell us the best parts of their chosen server, and why we should transfer there. The meeting will beheld at the Bree Stage by the Prancing Pony, at 7:00 pm servertime on the 14th. We will have a second meeting at 7:00 am /servertime on the 15th, for those that miss it.

That's the plan anyway - still need to get "speakers" or it'll just be Nabs or I summarising what we know and hoping to get input from any who come along.

Thumbs up Off to Gladden we will go!

The Mithril Order [of Elendilmir] is moving to Gladden. We will miss those that choose other worlds but look forward to meeting new people on this new world. Many of us have spent time on Gladden previously and many more since this announcement.

We feel Gladden is a good fit because it has a good balance of players both new and old. We love to help out where we can and if we can help new players stay involved, that will help all of us out in the long run. The longer we can maintain a healthy population across all the worlds, the longer this game will last.

I highly recommend that all of you put in a ticket to have "of Elendilmir" appended to your kin names. It's a great way to show pride in your kins roots and after all the dust settles on name changes, we'll all be able to identify family from Elendilmir.

I wish you all the best and carry on Jingle-Jangling!
    Founder and Leader of The Mithril Order [of Elendilmir]
    Khirghana - Tyir - Allways - Healallia - ShockandAwe

Mithril Crowns, the oldest (by a few seconds, iirc) kinship on Elendilmir, full of "old folks" (30 and up), has not yet decided where to move. So, sorry Sige, but I'll probably post again when we DO decide.

We were once a busy and mighty kin, but our population is way down now (sort of like the game overall, I guess), so if you never heard of Mithril Crowns, that's probably why.

BW and Landroval are out of our consideration (BW wouldn't be chosen even if it wasn't closed, and Landroval just isn't getting any votes). So we're down to choosing between Gladden, Arkenstone, and Crickhollow. They all seem to have their pluses and minuses.
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

Brangwyn / Lilissandriel, Leader of No Country for Old Elves

No Country for Old Elves is a predominantly Australian kinship with a few others in the US. I've had a few discussions with most of my kinmates, consensus is that we want to go where the ESKA group goes.

We were down to Gladden and Arkenstone like most others, so looks like it will be Ark. To be confirmed once we have discussed with the remaining kin members but I don't think they will have any strong views for elsewhere. We just want to keep playing with our friends (Sige! Dimi! Scruffy! Icy! plus all those MIA so far). I'm also marshalling groups on FB who are not playing much atm so we all end up in the same place.

I do have two other characters on Nimrodel, but that kin is moving to Arkenstone too. So I'm not sure what I will do with them. I might have a look at other options.

Brangwyn - Lilissandriel - Silmarienne - Silverpetal - Amithralia - Topazebelle - Annifrid
    Amithralia (RK), Annefrid (Beorning), Brangwyn (Burglar), Lilissandriel (LM), Silverpetal (Hunter), Silmarienne (Captain), Topazbelle (Minstrel). Rhakbash (rarely played Warg)

[COLOR="Plum"][I]radiate presence, travel light, seem a dream, prove real[/I][/COLOR]

Me, Apex and a bunch of friends are going to Landroval.

Ce Na Meldir, pretty much 90% Aussie with some members in Germany and a couple in England, will be moving to Arkenstone

Our numbers are a fraction of earlier days, as most moved on to other games. Whilst nowadays we rarely field a full fellowship, a couple of members participate in Ozraid activity and a good half-dozen of us are individually active at cap.

PvP-wise: I'm somewhat active creepside, and two new kinnies have ventured out with me, so hopefully we'll contribute some to PvP on Ark as well. A couple of our hunters used to be regulars in the days of E PvP raids, so they may get back out there too if there's enough activity on the new server
    Vulfen cpt 100

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    Me, Apex and a bunch of friends are going to Landroval.
    hehe - to roleplay your lil hearts out Araphorn?
    Amithralia (RK), Annefrid (Beorning), Brangwyn (Burglar), Lilissandriel (LM), Silverpetal (Hunter), Silmarienne (Captain), Topazbelle (Minstrel). Rhakbash (rarely played Warg)

[COLOR="Plum"][I]radiate presence, travel light, seem a dream, prove real[/I][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_diva View Post
    hehe - to roleplay your lil hearts out Araphorn?
    I can't give out any secrets, if I did, then the rest of the worlds would be empty.

The Osgiliath Guard will move to Arkenstone!

Although I am with "Into the West" as of right now - I still am in contact with about 10 of my old friends in my old kinship of Elendilmir: Hall of Fire. They recreated HoF on Brandywine (while I took a long break from the game) when the population started dying down on E. We've been discussing to all move together to a new server. That being said, some of us are torn between Arkenstone and Gladden. We're still discussing it.
    Hyper - Elf Hunter
    Alts: Swindled- Hobbit Burglar
    Preying Mantis

My thread here was to answer this very question.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...r-time-to-vote

Poll results are complete with server transfers starting up. They are here:

http://poll.pollcode.com/38326843_result_paused

For Oceanic time zone, the decision is clear, Arkenstone is the community choice.

Looks like The Inn League is moving to Landroval. We only have 5-6 members who play regularly these days, several of them Aussies or Kiwis, but everyone seems to be looking forward to the community on Landy. We'll miss the familiar names moving elsewhere, but we'll always be Of Elendilmir!

Tol Acharn of Landroval will be moving to Arkenstone. We find there isnt enough AU/Kiwi players on during the weeknights to warrant us staying (on landy since launch). That combined with the increasing RP nature of the server has made our choice easy. We are a small kin of friends and hope to see many of you once open transfers start.
    Have you had yours today?
    Arenuil, Arenthelion, Arenthelias, Arenthalion, Eoshaun, Frieson, Atsushi, Ariyaa, Yukei.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast