We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Show me your guardians! (please)

Was hoping for a show me your guardian thread up in here but not having luck. if there be one, it's ancient.

I don't have a guardian yet. Want to roll one. Torn between woman or dwarf right now. I have woman captain, so I have an idea of what heavy armor and shields look like on that model but would like to see some beardlings and their setups.

I don't know which race is optimal end game - I bet it's woman/man due to that racial heal - but from what I have seen on lowbie alts beardlings have potential to be pure hotness in heavy. dem shoulders...mmm.

Anyway, please lemme see your guardians. Any race really. Everyone and their mother is anon on Brandywine so when I see a good looking heavy armor user I can't sneak a peek in their trousers.

Here is my dwarf guard. I chose a dwarf for two reasons: 1) It just seems like the right thing to do. Having a filthy, obnoxious, tough-as-an-old-boot dwarf tanking just seems like that's what the universe intended all along. 2) The racial bonuses of the +axe damage and the +120 vitality buff for 10min comes in really handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    Was hoping for a show me your guardian thread up in here but not having luck. if there be one, it's ancient.

I don't have a guardian yet. Want to roll one. Torn between woman or dwarf right now. I have woman captain, so I have an idea of what heavy armor and shields look like on that model but would like to see some beardlings and their setups.

I don't know which race is optimal end game - I bet it's woman/man due to that racial heal - but from what I have seen on lowbie alts beardlings have potential to be pure hotness in heavy. dem shoulders...mmm.

Anyway, please lemme see your guardians. Any race really. Everyone and their mother is anon on Brandywine so when I see a good looking heavy armor user I can't sneak a peek in their trousers.
    Ive not played my Guardian for a long while but i went with Dwarf. The Man racial heal is great up to level 50 but unfortunately it does not scale, so by the time you are 100 and have 40-50k morale, a 3k heal just isnt worth it. The dwarf racial is much better as it is percentage based so scales with your level, same with the elf.

Also as stated previous the base vitality boost is useful and yes Dwarves for some reason just look so much better in the huge heavy armour
    Eadreid Champion 140 || Eadrun Loremaster 130 || Eadur Captain 130
    Eadriel 140 Personal Taxi to the above.

If you want to get the max out of your Guard, you should probably choose race of Man. Their racials are strictly better (not the heal but the passive 5% inc healing and the fellowship morale buff). That doesn't mean they can tank things a dwarf can't - it's only a slight advantage.

That said... of course you should choose a dwarf! They are simply awesome.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    If you want to get the max out of your Guard, you should probably choose race of Man.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Endurance_of_Stone

10 second immortality.

need more hawt guardian pictures. don't need to see stats, need to see hawtness! any level!

so as far as dwarf vs. man aesthetically i've seen some good looking armor on male..man...guardians, but all are bloody anon. female...man... guardians just don't look very good i heavy (i have a 97 captain)

dwarves got those huge shoulders if you move that body slider all the way to the right, but chest and other pieces look almost stretched and comical.

racial stats - man +5 incoming healing which apparantly also affects incoming healing based on max morale, 808 block/parry/evade at 100 and another 1% parry with racial preferred swords. return to bree which is probably better than thorin's hall for general purpose.

dwarves - vit buff with a 33% uptime. 2k block rating at 100. racial weapons can debuff armor.

still torn on man vs. dwarf. I would love to see some pictures of female...men(!?)...in some good looking outfits and more beardlings please!

thanks a ton

i'm going to be dumping $200 on tp's to max trait books on this character from the get go, hence why i'm agonizing over this decision.
    Last edited by Teyaha; Aug 14 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Make a hobbit guardian, they are easily the best looking and most fun

I still really dig the look of the Guardian's Hytbold armor in black!

[IMG][/IMG]
    BLUDBORN
    Twitch Partner and Content Creator

sigh..if only i had seen that picture on saturday...

i went man (woman) based on trying on stuff in lalia's and the min-maxer side of me being unable to deny the truth about swords vs. axes on a class i am likely to tank with. but if i had seen this beardling picture on saturday....

that is a sexy beardling.