We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Post your Imbued LIs

Hello chaps

Trying to get back into this class and the game in general. I have 4 FAs I would like to imbue, so I'm just locking down what legacies I want, and whether I need to buy some Crystals of Remembrance. Here's what I'm thinking post-imbuement. I DPS in red/yellow 2 handed most of the time, and tank in blue regular sword and board. Please post your own LIs and critique my ideas.

DPS Belt (6 legacies atm)

1. Guard Ward Dmg
    2. Sting Dmg
    3. Reactive Parry Dmg
    4. Stagger Positional Dmg
    5. Warriors Heart/Fort
    6. Might (or CaB CD/Heal. Conflicted on this.)

DPS Sword 2H (7 legacies)

1. Vexing Blow Dmg
    2. Whirling Retaliation Dmg
    3. AoE Damage
    4. Sweeping Cut Dmg
    5. Bleed Dmg
    6. Bleed Crit
    7. Might

Tanking Belt (7 Legacies)

1. Shield Dmg
    2. Shield Smash Dmg
    3. Force attack duration/shield blow dmg
    4. Warriors Heart/Fort
    5. Adaptability Block/parry (not sure about this one)
    6. Cry resist
    7. Vitality

Tanking Sword 1H (6 legacies atm). Not sure about this set up at all.

1. Bash Dmg
    2. AoE Dmg
    3. Whirling retaliation dmg
    4. Turn Tables CD
    5. Warriors heart max morale
    6. Vitality (or shield swipe crit maybe?)

So, what do you think?

Hello.
    My guardian was for pvp only until I quit as felt just too overpowered.

I can offer advice on your dps gear from a pvp perspective or is it just pve you do?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfKamikazee View Post
    Hello.

I can offer advice on your dps gear from a pvp perspective or is it just pve you do?

I usually PvMP as a creep, so looking more for PvE advice.

Sorry, I should have said that in my OP. But I may end up taking this guy to the Moors if LotRO earns my sub again

Where's Stamp CD!? Guards are right up there with Burgs in interrupt responsibility.

Adaptability B/P I wouldn't choose, as apparently it only affects a brief buff that's up until you hit a reactive skill, IE, almost never up since the first thing you do is hit a reactive skill.

(Of course for tanking I wouldn't Imbue what would cause a loss of target legacies to begin with.)
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    Where's Stamp CD!? Guards are right up there with Burgs in interrupt responsibility.

Adaptability B/P I wouldn't choose, as apparently it only affects a brief buff that's up until you hit a reactive skill, IE, almost never up since the first thing you do is hit a reactive skill.

(Of course for tanking I wouldn't Imbue what would cause a loss of target legacies to begin with.)

Thanks for the advice.

You're right about the target legacies. I think I'll just start off with the DPS gear and leave my tanking set as it is for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

You're right about the target legacies. I think I'll just start off with the DPS gear and leave my tanking set as it is for now.
    I also didn't imbue my tanking weapon. I imbued my belt though. 15 targets are enough for Challenge... 20 is just overkill imo.
    My belt looks like this:
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    I also didn't imbue my tanking weapon. I imbued my belt though. 15 targets are enough for Challenge... 20 is just overkill imo.
    My belt looks like this:

Nice belt, and thanks for sharing. About Challenge Targets, I didn't realise they changed it so much. With my tanking belt on (pre-imbued) I get 19 targets. If I change the legacy I'll get 15. I think I can live with that. Also, I notice you went for the Light Damage legacy. I'm pretty interested in that one as well and it's on the short list. The other one I was looking at was Bubble Strength but that doesn't seem to be popular with Guardians I've inspected. What does the GW Parry Rating take you up to if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to wait to see if I get any more feedback this week, and then go for the DPS gear, and the tanking belt.

SoE grind..... arise! Then I need to rethink my Essence gear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Nice belt, and thanks for sharing. About Challenge Targets, I didn't realise they changed it so much. With my tanking belt on (pre-imbued) I get 19 targets. If I change the legacy I'll get 15. I think I can live with that. Also, I notice you went for the Light Damage legacy. I'm pretty interested in that one as well and it's on the short list. The other one I was looking at was Bubble Strength but that doesn't seem to be popular with Guardians I've inspected. What does the GW Parry Rating take you up to if you don't mind me asking?

I'm going to wait to see if I get any more feedback this week, and then go for the DPS gear, and the tanking belt.

SoE grind..... arise! Then I need to rethink my Essence gear lol.
    Light damage seems to be worth it if you use War Chant a lot (which I do - it's a quite awesome aggro generator) - more damage and even more aggro? Hell yeah! (Sidenote: War Chant also profits from the Shield Damage legacy.)

I don't think bubble strength is worth it... WH bubble grants around 3500 temporary morale - means an increase of a bit over 1k with the legacy. I'd rather have a vit legacy then which grants over 800 morale permanently. You could always make a swap belt for WH heal + bubble strength though, if you're into that.

Legacied GW pushes my parry from 22,2% to 24,9% (includig the red trait for +5% parry) - over 25% (20% without the trait) the increase in avoidances requires so much rating that it's just not worth it to invest in my opinion. I'd rather sit around 25% (traited) block/parry investing more into evade than trying to push those 2 further.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

(Sidenote: War Chant also profits from the Shield Damage legacy.)
    Wait, what!?
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Light damage seems to be worth it if you use War Chant a lot (which I do - it's a quite awesome aggro generator) - more damage and even more aggro? Hell yeah! (Sidenote: War Chant also profits from the Shield Damage legacy.)

I don't think bubble strength is worth it... WH bubble grants around 3500 temporary morale - means an increase of a bit over 1k with the legacy. I'd rather have a vit legacy then which grants over 800 morale permanently. You could always make a swap belt for WH heal + bubble strength though, if you're into that.

Legacied GW pushes my parry from 22,2% to 24,9% (includig the red trait for +5% parry) - over 25% (20% without the trait) the increase in avoidances requires so much rating that it's just not worth it to invest in my opinion. I'd rather sit around 25% (traited) block/parry investing more into evade than trying to push those 2 further.

Yes I use Warchant a lot in both DPS and Tanking setups so that legacy is starting to look sweet. Thanks for the info on the parry rating. I'm thinking of using it and spending a few red points elsewhere.

I too am curious about the Shield Dmg legacy benefiting WC. Can you confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfKamikazee View Post
    Hello.

Interesting. About two years ago, many guardians have quit, because they felt ridiculously underpowered and completely non viable class for pvp.