We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Scarce?

Scarce?

I asked in kin chat today how Beornings play and the response I got was "what's that?" Are they that terrible to play? I haven't seen one yet in my kin or out in the world. Mine is level 12 and I like it so far but how well do they progress for groups and solo?

Well I don't know in which server you play or how is your kin, but Beornings are an awesome class, really fun to play... in my server there are several Beornings running around, including mine, many of them have reached lvl cap a while ago.

I'd say go for it! Enjoy it!

This one is mine

That's awesome! I'm on vilya, it's one of the ones closing.

My Beorning is level 74 and I love it. I see some from time to time, but with it being a purchase only/ other great classes out there, you see them about as often as you would any other class.

my beorning is lvl 100 and imo it's not that good... there is 1 trait and 1 skill not working, we don't have end-game gear... our dps is not that big compared to champs or burgs, our heals is really good but why you'd take a healing beorning in t2c while you can take a healing mini... having 1 healing skill in redline for PVE is not good imo
    it's really fun to play the beorning but it still need a lot of work imo
    champion,RK,warg,defiler,rvr.
    RIP lotro pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Myths View Post
    my beorning is lvl 100 and imo it's not that good... there is 1 trait and 1 skill not working, we don't have end-game gear... our dps is not that big compared to champs or burgs, our heals is really good but why you'd take a healing beorning in t2c while you can take a healing mini... having 1 healing skill in redline for PVE is not good imo
    it's really fun to play the beorning but it still need a lot of work imo
    No end-game gear? Are you talking about medium Nadhin Armour? You can farm osgiliath once. No DPS? You must be joking. If you have right essences, traits and jewelry you'll deal a good damage. I have 6-10k DPS. Sometimes even more then 13k. And i also was a healer in RC. Beorning can even heal 6-man instances.

Quote Originally Posted by den2011301 View Post
    No end-game gear? Are you talking about medium Nadhin Armour? You can farm osgiliath once. No DPS? You must be joking. If you have right essences, traits and jewelry you'll deal a good damage. I have 6-10k DPS. Sometimes even more then 13k. And i also was a healer in RC. Beorning can even heal 6-man instances.
    i said no dps compared to the champ or burg, we have good burst of dps (still not better than champ or burg) but not for long time because you must build wrath and skills cost too much wrath imo.
    yes we have OP heals, i can heal RC too, SG t2 and a lot more but i mean when i am doing RC or t2c stuff why i'd take a healing beorning while i can take a healing mini ? it's much better right ?
    champion,RK,warg,defiler,rvr.
    RIP lotro pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly_Myths View Post
    i said no dps compared to the champ or burg, we have good burst of dps (still not better than champ or burg) but not for long time because you must build wrath and skills cost too much wrath imo.
    yes we have OP heals, i can heal RC too, SG t2 and a lot more but i mean when i am doing RC or t2c stuff why i'd take a healing beorning while i can take a healing mini ? it's much better right ?
    I'd take mini only if he could heal in yellow. Otherwise, i'd prefer beorning.
    Burg has more DPS then beorn? Screens, please.

beorning info is rather scarce. you can only find like 2 filikul kills on youtube, with the best parsing at 4800 dps. gear and spec are not listed but author states redline. guardians do the same on the same fight single target.

the redline heal is actually good because it scales with your max health. the class is not a tank though in any line. the devs need to allow 2h blocking for beornings in man or bear form before they will be considered tanks.

the class gets a little stale after 50, but it is one of the most responsive when it comes to attack animations. I stopped at 72 and went with something else because of how much I hate rohan, and how much more I was going to hate rohan as a beorning on a horse. at this point you stop being "stupid OP" as everyone states and start dropping landscape mobs about as fast as everyone else outside of bear.