We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is Landy Still As Toxic As Ever?

Title isn't an attempt at trolling just a hope that it changed from the month that I was here. When I first rolled my Warg Syllence here, several things happened and/or I noticed:

1. Landroval never has consistent 1v1s. In fact, they are exceedingly rare.
    2. In 1v1s, a large portion of the freeps heal.
    3. There is little to no solo action, with freeps traveling in heal stacked packs and zerging mercilessly.
    4. Creeps get camped and whine.

And more personal,

5. I was immediately accused of macroing with freeps whining and reporting me.
    6. Those that didn't whine were blue line wardens, bring on the pain Guardians, and 15s cd composure beornings who had zero regret full barring every chance they got.

If so, I will continue to avoid this server. However, I have been very dissatisfied with Crkckhollow recently, and figured I'd see if things had change in the last few months.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Title isn't an attempt at trolling just a hope that it changed from the month that I was here. When I first rolled my Warg Syllence here, several things happened and/or I noticed:

3. There is little to no solo action, with freeps traveling in heal stacked packs and zerging mercilessly.

And more personal,

6. Those that didn't whine were blue line wardens, bring on the pain Guardians, and 15s cd composure beornings who had zero regret full barring every chance they got.

If so, I will continue to avoid this server. However, I have been very dissatisfied with Crkckhollow recently, and figured I'd see if things had change in the last few months.
    To answer your first two questions; no there aren't many 1v1s here and it's actually kinda nice (coming from a guy who only 1v1s on WL) if you want 1v1s go to BW.

Little to no solo action is true, lotta good small group/half raid action though.

Camping is pretty regular. Whining even more so.

As far as the personal stuff goes, aren't you a self proclaimed "Least talented Chachii"? He was a macro warg so if you put two and two together well..

Bannerman, r13 War-Leader/ Ryzer, r13 Captain
    Arkenstone

And more personal,

I will be as objective as possible since I just got here a couple weeks ago myself.

1. Landroval does not have consistent 1v1s, the fact that 1v1s are still held at GTA should key into that. Most servers that have consistent 1v1s have long moved on from this spot because of lag associated with it as well as it being a regular travel point. They regularly get zerged by creep or freep and sometimes in retaliation for earlier zerging. It happens. I wouldn't call them as rare, it depends on who is out and who feels like 1v1ing or organizing.

2. Honestly, its not just freeps, anything goes in a lot of 1v1s creep or freep. It depends on who you are fighting and what they are willing to "challenge" themselves by not using. I guess the best thing to do is watch your opponent fighting others and see what you notice. Also, the argument can be made that gimping yourself down to 4 or 5 skills apiece is as boring as it can get. The game is not based around 1v1s but group, fellowship and raids. I find a lot more fun small grouping and beating a greater number of opponents then 1v1ing while nerfing myself down to nothing in order to be "fair". I find the former more challenging personally.

3. Both sides travel in heal stacked packs, depends on which side of the zerg you are on that day. And sometimes its a little of both. I have found small group/fellowship sized action which I enjoy the most and if other people are willing to move, even when facing a zerg, you can get a decent amount of kills. It honestly depends on the call outs. If you are looking for soloing, I suppose camping the rez would work.. for a little while. The problem with larger number of population is larger numbers tend to die more often and can wreck any potential solo fight you are looking for. I have fun soloing around though, sometimes I get good fights, sometimes I get zerged. That's how it should be IMO.

4. Can't comment on creeps getting camped and whining as I'm not on that side. I've seen GV camps and grams camps though.

I don't know about the whole macroing complaint as I haven't seen complaining about that as much here. There will always be whiners, on both sides. If you are good at a class that has been known for "macroing" in the past, then you will probably hear about it.

All in all, I really can't tell what you are looking for. Landy offers a little of everything from what I've seen (even if the zergs are mindless). Then again, as a pvper, anything is better than a dead Crick to me right now.
    Last edited by Ames; Sep 14 2015 at 12:11 AM.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

1. Landroval never has consistent 1v1s. In fact, they are exceedingly rare.--Are you talking about solo fights or fight club? Because Fight club will always be disrupted if on GTA map in.

2. In 1v1s, a large portion of the freeps heal.----In a 1 vs 1 both sides should be using what they can to survive. If they are not, that is a spar and subject to being raided. (see above)

3. There is little to no solo action, with freeps traveling in heal stacked packs and zerging mercilessly.---Both sides stack healers when they have them, both sides accuse the other side of heal stacking.

4. Creeps get camped and whine. ----Both sides get camped, both sides whine from time to time. But as a general rule Landy creeps and freeps tend to bounce back quickly.

If so, I will continue to avoid this server. However, I have been very dissatisfied with Crkckhollow recently, and figured I'd see if things had change in the last few months----Avoid Landy or transfer here. In the long run it will matter little to those that play on Landy daily. But if you are not enjoying your server any longer, and all it will cost you is the time to transfer, what have you really got to lose?

Oh and Can you dance?
    Pouncival Azbiter- Plucky Comic Relief of the Ettenmoors-
    The Warg of The Dance
    DO Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wargs
    For you are crunchy, and taste good with bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by GIR-dog View Post
    Oh and Can you dance?
    Someone told me the other day that all having that emote meant was I've played way too long. They be jealous!
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Thanks for the responses. They both intentionally and unintentionally answered any questions I had with Landy.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Thanks for the responses. .
    Np Bro. luv
    Fai ciò che ti rende felice.

Sizzlac - R12 Loremaster Zweisocke - R13 Warg
    Arkenstone

However, I have been very dissatisfied with Crkckhollow recently, and figured I'd see if things had change in the last few months.
    You and other like minded people who follow arbitrary rules(no sarcasm intended) should petition Turbine to do one of the following things:

A)Make Osgiliath an instanced arena-like area where grouping is not allowed and people are free to challenge themselves against other people any way they like.
    B)Achieve a desired balance for both sides(which will never happen)which will make the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone.

I know who you are.I've asked some people who know you better and I don't think you macro,so I wouldn't be too startled by people claiming macros.I will however say that this is open PVP.For the majority of people that means that arbitrary rules are not welcomed,I personally don't like them even tho I will often give freeps the joy of killing me while I self nerf myself to oblivion.

I am writing this message because I've started to have many disgruntled experiences lately as well,I see that many people are not enjoying PVP anymore from both the solo and raiding populations.What I do is curb my expectations a bit,I suggest you do the same.
    Vundrak - Rank 12 Reaver / Corruptpresent - Rank 11 Warleader / Corruptmedicus - Rank 8 Defiler / Kolostomy - Rank 9 Blackarrow : Landroval
    Rognomli - Rank 8 Guardian / Synexia - LvL 115 Hunter / Raiker - LvL 115 Minstrel / Lacet - LvL 100 Warden : Arkenstone

Action sucks need more creeps.
    The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.
    Hinellas R15 Darkthreat R5 Landroval Riddles in the Dark
    Mezmorized R4 Riddermark Lake Evendim Swim Team
    Breathmint - R6 Landroval Rootcanal -R5 Riddermark

landy has a lot of 12 man rvr makes for some good pvp if that's your cup of tea. a lot of flanking and stuff...
    "Hello, I am paper. Please nerf scissors. Rock is fine."

Quote Originally Posted by hinellas View Post
    No, the action sucks because there has been no consistent creep leader lately. The reason why it's been a shuffle is because nobody wants to lead so everyone just hugs Grams vs. the healstacked freeps who hug each other on the Lugz hill. And when someone does want to lead, half the time creeps just have mostly defilers/wargs so nothing ever dies.

To freeps: NEVER count on Mount Doom to bring the action, they rarely want to push out of red keeps or the BD. The entire Mount Doom tribe stays anonymous so you cannot see where they are pveing during primetime. Perfect example: last week they took the relic through Grothum, then Gramsfoot, then the safe path, did an OOC callout, waited for a second craid to come to the DG oneshots, and steamrolled the freeps with double the numbers. On top of that, they all go to bed around 10pm EST. Wow, that's some awesome PvP potential.

To creeps: All defilers please make DPS toons that you can swap to because, quite frankly, when a defiler gets half of the KBs IN A RAID V RAID SITUATION, EVERYONE SHOULD BE FACEPALMING. All spiders, get your head your of your a** and LEARN TO CC THE HEALERS. CC does not mean look pretty and burrow after taking 5k dmg, it means you f***ing become that healer's worst nightmare. Harass that healer like how people used to harass Riddles in the Dark; make them want to corpsejump your a** every time you die and QQ to the fraidleader every time you daze them. (Wargs should adopt same annoying ideology and defilers should always keep hots on them so it annoys the freeps even more) All of these things can happen without there being a craidleader.

Both sides are full of sh**, both sides are afraid to die, both sides healstack vs. lesser numbers, both sides complain about the OPness of the other side, both sides immediately scatter when the other side pushes, both sides ask for raid invite upon logging in, both sides complain about sucky action, but neither side wants to change their habits. Are you noticing a trend?

There's really no point in freeps staying at Grams because it creates the blandest fights possible. It's different when it's a GV shuffle because there are more trees, rocks, and diverse terrain to maneuver around. When its a Grams shuffle, it's literally a hill with nothing except the 1 rock by the flag and the 3-4 trees. That's why people stopped playing on the new map on Landy, because there's a straight path between the Causeway Forts and Dar Dugoth. No player in their right mind is going to take the long way to the otehr side of the map, that's crazy right? (sarcasm alert!) So... if you don't want to log into a Grams shuffle during primetime, just don't stay on that hill. If freeps spent more time in other places on the map, I am certain that creeps will map over. The fact that all of the freeps are together on that hill is just asking for sucky action.

And more personal,

We are all sorry that this server won't bow to your needs and wants and speaking of whining that's pretty much what you just did in that statement.

Have a lovely time trying to find a server that fits YOUR every need.

Love me
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia View Post
    No, the action sucks because there has been no consistent creep leader lately. The reason why it's been a shuffle is because nobody wants to lead so everyone just hugs Grams vs. the healstacked freeps who hug each other on the Lugz hill. And when someone does want to lead, half the time creeps just have mostly defilers/wargs so nothing ever dies.

To freeps: NEVER count on Mount Doom to bring the action, they rarely want to push out of red keeps or the BD. The entire Mount Doom tribe stays anonymous so you cannot see where they are pveing during primetime. Perfect example: last week they took the relic through Grothum, then Gramsfoot, then the safe path, did an OOC callout, waited for a second craid to come to the DG oneshots, and steamrolled the freeps with double the numbers. On top of that, they all go to bed around 10pm EST. Wow, that's some awesome PvP potential.

To creeps: All defilers please make DPS toons that you can swap to because, quite frankly, when a defiler gets half of the KBs IN A RAID V RAID SITUATION, EVERYONE SHOULD BE FACEPALMING. All spiders, get your head your of your a** and LEARN TO CC THE HEALERS. CC does not mean look pretty and burrow after taking 5k dmg, it means you f***ing become that healer's worst nightmare. Harass that healer like how people used to harass Riddles in the Dark; make them want to corpsejump your a** every time you die and QQ to the fraidleader every time you daze them. (Wargs should adopt same annoying ideology and defilers should always keep hots on them so it annoys the freeps even more) All of these things can happen without there being a craidleader.

Both sides are full of sh**, both sides are afraid to die, both sides healstack vs. lesser numbers, both sides complain about the OPness of the other side, both sides immediately scatter when the other side pushes, both sides ask for raid invite upon logging in, both sides complain about sucky action, but neither side wants to change their habits. Are you noticing a trend?

There's really no point in freeps staying at Grams because it creates the blandest fights possible. It's different when it's a GV shuffle because there are more trees, rocks, and diverse terrain to maneuver around. When its a Grams shuffle, it's literally a hill with nothing except the 1 rock by the flag and the 3-4 trees. That's why people stopped playing on the new map on Landy, because there's a straight path between the Causeway Forts and Dar Dugoth. No player in their right mind is going to take the long way to the otehr side of the map, that's crazy right? (sarcasm alert!) So... if you don't want to log into a Grams shuffle during primetime, just don't stay on that hill. If freeps spent more time in other places on the map, I am certain that creeps will map over. The fact that all of the freeps are together on that hill is just asking for sucky action.

This is pretty close to spot on from the little time I've played on this server, though I will say it has way more action then Cricket did when I left.

As for the whining I really haven't seen much at all and people flipping to troll i haven't seen that at all unless you count myself
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Haven't played much lately because i was pretty busy and also kind of annyoed. Since i'm running solo most of the time there's almost no point to log in anymore, the number of minstrels running blue-line when being solo dramtically increased, not to start with beornings, healing cappies or easymode-guards. Fire Rks grouped with 2 healing classes or full minstrel groups is not really fun to fight.
    You complain about more creeps needed? Maybe start one yourself then and see how it is.

Pretty much everything Hejazia wrote seems to be right (concerning the corpse-jumps i received the last time i played, i think im doing fine , also stop targetting me ffs, im not even doing damage).
    Don't know why Mount Doom was brought into that post and what happened there, as for the comment about going to bed early, guess some people have to work (i myself had to get up at 4:30 for my holiday-job) and there's also quite a few non-US players in Mount Doom (including myself).
    From what i saw, creep-leaders really been rare lately. I can also understand that people dont want to lead and some even if willing are not able to/good at it. It's not that i havent lead some smaller kin/friend groups, but it's something totally different leading a full pug raid and not really what i like to do when playing creep. Probably the most stressful thing you can do playing this game. And even if you are good at it, you really rely on your group aswell, so please SPIDERS LEARN TO CC, seriously. Won't get kills against 3+ 40k healers otherwise.
    Commander Eisenspalter
    Equilibrium/Joke

A perfect illustration of what is wrong with the moors in only 5 words!!

Instead of limiting your own group size or limiting whos in your group or not responding to every single call out you instead insist/hope/pray that the other side will get more. Instead of controlling what you can control to improve the action, you instead are relying on the other side (which you have no control over). I guess I understand why you do this because one strategy takes effort/thinking and the other doesnt.

"You" in this post is a general term referring to all players, not just Hine. Ive seen this mindset, on both sides, for years and it has always made me shake my head.
    Also, I was hoping that Hine was just trolling with this post but based off of the other responses Im not sure.

One simple thought to keep in mind when looking for action........Don't rely on the other side to meet your demands but instead rely on yourself to meet theirs. It seems like common sense to me but so few people do it because it takes the slightest bit of effort.
    Warg- Nymerica
    RK- Nym.....ehhh nevermind.

Hejazia and Nym

Hej, MD members are anon. because of ppl. like you. We don't want YOU to know where we are.

p.s. I don't normally corpse jump, as a matter of fact I am against it but for you I will make a special exception.

Nym, Google therapist!!

Love
    Badpuppie
    Badpuppie

We will be friends till we are old and senile, then we will be new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Belladawna View Post

Nym, Google therapist!!

Love
    Badpuppie

Now what?
    Warg- Nymerica
    RK- Nym.....ehhh nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladawna View Post
    Hej, MD members are anon. because of ppl. like you. We don't want YOU to know where we are.

p.s. I don't normally corpse jump, as a matter of fact I am against it but for you I will make a special exception.
    LMAO one person drives an entire tribe to complete and utter paranoia. Take today's fights for example: Craid of ~10 vs blue cappy, 2 champs, and a warden just outside of HOP. Craid focuses warden excessively, never gets the kill, then wipes. Next 2 fights, craid relentlessly hugs LC against the same 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    Now what?
    I guess it's your lucky day

I believe the question has been answered (:

NYM

NYM, OMG I love it!!!!! ROFL. My fav. SNL!!!
    Badpuppie

We will be friends till we are old and senile, then we will be new friends!

One of the problems with hyperbole is that it takes away from the rest of your points.

Example: I am in MD and am not anonymous, nor do I pve, nor does anyone I play with hug a keep. So that is incorrect.
    Example: While it is true that some spiders are ineffective I am sure we can all name at least one that annoys healers. So that is incorrect.
    Example: If ALL defilers played dps there would be no defilers. I cannot see that being a very effective raid. So that is incorrect.
    Example: Both sides are full of ####...ect. This is correct.

I am bored ...but we should do a better job with our trolling. Specific timely trolls are better than vast hyperbole trolling.

And to the OP. Yes. Your 1-6 are mostly still true.
    Gaelbo/Hodurs

Quote Originally Posted by Elderas View Post
    Example: I am in MD and am not anonymous, nor do I pve, nor does anyone I play with hug a keep. So that is incorrect.
    Example: While it is true that some spiders are ineffective I am sure we can all name at least one that annoys healers. So that is incorrect.
    Example: If ALL defilers played dps there would be no defilers. I cannot see that being a very effective raid. So that is incorrect.
    Example: Both sides are full of ####...ect. This is correct.
    1. One anomaly. Statistically speaking, it's irrelevant. You're almost always solo so "nor does anyone I play with" is like me saying, "nor do any of my friends". Who are you talking about?
    2. Again, the phrase "at least one" implies the existence of a single exception. Why not say "at least two" or "three" or more? If everyone names the same spider, that still satisfies your statement.
    3. I said, "have a DPS toon that you can swap to" but I should have also mentioned that this only applies when the group is lacks DPS and has surplus heals (which is usually the case from when I am on creep and freep). That was implied and many people who have read this before you were able to detect that implication because they assumed things that I assumed that they would.

I'm not here to cater to every little exception. If I did that, nobody would want to read the wall of text that would be produced as a result. I generalized certain things that most people agree with (and because the details are irrelevant) in order to get my point across. If you read freep OOC, Mount Doom has a certain behavior that most freeps identify as "wimpy" (By this I mean that their pvp style is conservative and you rarely see them making audacious RvR strategies). I just abused that one aspect of the tribe in order to get a point across (Don't rely on a set group of creeps to participate in the daily healzerg shuffle cancer). It should also be noted that the block of text labeled "To Freeps:" is addressed to the freeps. I don't care what creeps think about it because they will only try to deny it. The same goes for the paragraph about creeps. I am speaking to one audience, and a different audience gets butthurt about things that are actually true.
    Last edited by Hejazia; Sep 27 2015 at 05:23 PM.

So I transferred all my creeps to landy and have been playing on it lately considering Brandywine action is not at it's best. From what i have seen so far, not many creepside enjoy grouping in an organized with rules raid. Mostly they just turn on the open raid in social panel and let whatever takes the bait of "Join now, you MIGHT get free infamy" button in. I won't even tell you how many times in the few times i've been online grouping with my tribe, have i seen "Don't bother, its hopeless" or "Don't even map there they got to many healers" in creepside OOC. Someone posted earlier in this thread that some of the healers that play creepside atm need to switch to a dps class or make one and i agree, with dps you would be astounded at how fast things die. Contrary to what every defiler wants lol they don't have dps. That being said i get that some people want to play the class they want to play so if anyone who is transfering off the dying servers is looking for a place to bring their creeps and enjoy a good 6v6, 12v12 or any other form of that Landy is in desperate need of creeps right now that enjoy all forms of playstyle, and if you do enjoy grouping, know what in game voice is/does, and have an idea what stay on the shield/follow the TA means. Do though be prepared for a lot of wardens, guards, minis and fire runekeepers. Few champs thrown into that mix because it's what ive seen so far. Theres quite a few of them on this server. Again it's my second week actually actively playing on Landy and im enjoying it so far.

To one of the orignial questions asked, the 1v1's of Landy....why yall have them at gta idk, that is just a terrible idea. GG is a wonderful place to take them. Personally the last time i came to Landy (when i tried freepside) they were non-existent.. Now last week i've seen them decently active.

I might start leading on Landy, it depends if my unni studies lighten up some after midterms. Glad to see several freeps i used to run with on brandy are now on landy :P I will enjoy fighting some of you again.
    We all change when you think about it. We are all different people all through our lives and that's ok, that's good, so long as you remember all the people you used to be.
    Brandywine: Arikiru rank 11 Captain, Lustforheals rnk 12 defy, Lustforbubbles r10 wl

1. One anomaly. Statistically speaking, it's irrelevant. You're almost always solo so "nor does anyone I play with" is like me saying, "nor do any of my friends". Who are you talking about?
    2. Again, the phrase "at least one" implies the existence of a single exception. Why not say "at least two" or "three" or more? If everyone names the same spider, that still satisfies your statement.
    3. I said, "have a DPS toon that you can swap to" but I should have also mentioned that this only applies when the group is lacks DPS and has surplus heals (which is usually the case from when I am on creep and freep). That was implied and many people who have read this before you were able to detect that implication because they assumed things that I assumed that they would.

I'm not here to cater to every little exception. If I did that, nobody would want to read the wall of text that would be produced as a result. I generalized certain things that most people agree with (and because the details are irrelevant) in order to get my point across. If you read freep OOC, Mount Doom has a certain behavior that most freeps identify as "wimpy" (By this I mean that their pvp style is conservative and you rarely see them making audacious RvR strategies). I just abused that one aspect of the tribe in order to get a point across (Don't rely on a set group of creeps to participate in the daily healzerg shuffle cancer). It should also be noted that the block of text labeled "To Freeps:" is addressed to the freeps. I don't care what creeps think about it because they will only try to deny it. The same goes for the paragraph about creeps. I am speaking to one audience, and a different audience gets butthurt about things that are actually true.
    I think I got it now.

So the original post with these edits would read more like “According to my sampling of other freeps in randomly observed ooc chatter they believe that most of Mount Doom sometimes does not play aggressively at all times. Some even called it whimpy! Furthermore some spiders would be better served using cc skills on healers. I also feel like a few of you defilers should play some dps in order to increase the the usefulness of the raid”. Sounds slightly different?
    Gaelbo/Hodurs

Quote Originally Posted by BloodRedRuby View Post
    So I transferred all my creeps to landy

all my creeps

all

all

Oh boy .
    Notstrobe-1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast