We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstyce View Post
    You have to log in and then choose your world before the button will show up.
    Come on guys, look at my start date... I am quite aware of how to use Launcher thank you. My Launcher must need to be re-installed. Checking on procedure for that now.

You have to log in and then choose your world before the button will show up. I just fully logged in and before choosing my world the transfer button showed up. It's below the play button on your launcher.
    I don't think this is correct. The "Transfer" button is there for me regardless of the world I select. When I do click "Transfer" the only option is Big E though. If someone doesn't see the transfer button I would recommend reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gardavil View Post
    Come on guys, look at my start date... I am quite aware of how to use Launcher thank you. My Launcher must need to be re-installed. Checking on procedure for that now.
    Oh good, so you know everything!

I had the same issue and closed my launcher, completely, started the launcher back up, logged in, and there was the transfer button.

I've been playing a long time too. cool, huh.
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

Any clue when Riddermark will be up for transfers? a ball park would be nice so I can get things ready to go. Thanks!
    I might be transferring tomorrow ... depends on when kin
    leader makes up his mind ... so I improved the shining hour
    by pulling all the stuff out of my house and putting it in my
    vault. Yes, I know it would go into escrow ... but I may not
    get a house on the new server, whichever it is. Or
    not for a long time.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Restarting the Launcher several times did the trick. Eventually Elendilmir selection showed the transfer button.

(and no I never said I knew everything, but if a player has been around since 2007 then they might know a thing or two about solving issues with LotRO. I know enough to log in and select the server before looking for the transfer button, which some others thought I was too stupid to figure out on my own. I had tried that a few times before posted that my launcher had no transfer button. Now I can see the transfer button.)

Ah! This is happening to others? I did a test transfer back when they were open before, & found myself forum banned right after. I was sure I'd said *something* to offend, but I couldn't find anything. Then today, moving from Elendilmir, I came to check something here about timing, & found it happened again.

I was actually pretty mad about it.

Forte is offline Dean of the Academy of Music
    Probably broke the TOS Rules it baffles me how so many people do it yet bring it up for discussion later.
    He hasn't said or is doing anything that would violate TOS. You can have multiple accounts, which is why there is option to have multiple instances of the game.
    Forte "Fortissimmo" Maestro - Forte's Academy of Music - Learn the ABC Music System
    Twitch Stream @ForteMaestro - LOTROstream Team member
    Co-Host of LOTRO Player News

Quote Originally Posted by gardavil View Post
    Restarting the Launcher several times did the trick. Eventually Elendilmir selection showed the transfer button.

(and no I never said I knew everything, but if a player has been around since 2007 then they might know a thing or two about solving issues with LotRO. I know enough to log in and select the server before looking for the transfer button, which some others thought I was too stupid to figure out on my own. I had tried that a few times before posted that my launcher had no transfer button. Now I can see the transfer button.)
    I never said you didn't know. I was just trying to help, jezz.

I never said you didn't know. I was just trying to help, jezz.
    I mean.. he's been here since 2007... He should know a thing or two.. right? RIGHT???
    Rank 10 Hunter, Rank 9 Warleader, Rank 9 Weaver, Rank 7 Reaver, Rank 6 Guardian, Rank 6 Warg, Rank 5 Lore-master, Rank 5 Blackarrow, Rank 4 Champion, Rank 3 Reaver, Rank 2 Rune-keeper, just to name a few.

I logged in to the forums before starting the transfer. Still logged in and able to post.
    Wer Hilfe will, muss Informationen liefern.
    >> Lotro World transfer status <<

Probably broke the TOS Rules it baffles me how so many people do it yet bring it up for discussion later.
    he clearly didnt tho....... the mod said there was a connection between the ban and the xfer....
    Hi... I used to be called Fliblo. Clakbash. Larver. etcetera

Any bans are part of the transfer service and have nothing to do with any violations. We temp ban the accounts so the transfer process does not get messed up by a player logging in during the middle of it. Since game and forum accounts are linked, the bans hit here as well. Once the timer is up the account should be unbanned. We had not planned for the process to take as long but this was the first real stress on the system. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we will continue to work to smooth out the process.

Well, my transfer took around 1 hour and I was able to log in and play after that. However, I got banned around 6 hours from the forums (the original ETA was 7:46PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Any bans are part of the transfer service and have nothing to do with any violations. We temp ban the accounts so the transfer process does not get messed up by a player logging in during the middle of it. Since game and forum accounts are linked, the bans hit here as well. Once the timer is up the account should be unbanned. We had not planned for the process to take as long but this was the first real stress on the system. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we will continue to work to smooth out the process.
    It might be a good idea to include an FYI saying players won't be able to access their account - ingame or on the forum - until their transfer is complete. Would cut down on the number of confused players.

Of course, if they're already told that in the transfer, nevermind.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Had a few small bans ingame for some shenanigans, also locked me out of the forums. Makes sense that while your being transferred to a new world they don't want you mucking up the process and logging in on forums.

quote: don't think about touching it, don't even think about thinking about touching it, don't touch it!!!!!

LOL

Not yet. As we get closer to each world we will try to give as much notice as possible.
    thats some great logic there, even though everybody has already had a month notice, but lets waste more time
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    Hi Griefing.
    Fai ciò che ti rende felice.

Sizzlac - R12 Loremaster Zweisocke - R13 Warg
    Arkenstone

Not yet. As we get closer to each world we will try to give as much notice as possible.
    Please get an estimate soon! I am positively itching to play my Ridder toons again! ^_^ I have been so restless for months ever since the transfers were first announced.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Your game account is connected to your forum account so the temp ban on the account hits both. We are looking into if there is any way to have this not happen for the process.
    I don't think it's a real problem, as long as you inform users that this may happen. Perhaps you can update the transfer message to include info that also reflects the forum ban or lock?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Eep, I'm back.

So I transferred a character about 4pm my time, (1pm Boston time?) and because I'm good I didn't touch the launcher until the email arrived. Logged in the game, all was well. Logged in the forum and was temp-banned "until 8.31pm" (Boston time), so I'm not sure if the system was handing out 7 hour bans as standard by this point.

A little message somewhere would be handy; I asked in-game if anything had appeared on the forums about the error, but it hadn't at that point. I was very, very worried! The forum ban didn't seem to happen during the testing phases or the remaining world transfers - or did they, and I just didn't go on the forum? - so I wasn't expecting it all.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

[evernight] lilka : warden | gwenaëlle : champion | elorie : minstrel | cedar : hunter

What you have said kind person is prof that you did not read the replies to this OP post you responded too. If you had you would have seen a blue post explaining that as currently working when you transfer your account gets an intentional temp ban, this applies to your forum account as well.

They are looking into having it not apply to the forum portion of the account.

Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    thats some great logic there, even though everybody has already had a month notice, but lets waste more time

You mean like the time wasted by moronic posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Eep, I'm back.

So I transferred a character about 4pm my time, (1pm Boston time?) and because I'm good I didn't touch the launcher until the email arrived. Logged in the game, all was well. Logged in the forum and was temp-banned "until 8.31pm" (Boston time), so I'm not sure if the system was handing out 7 hour bans as standard by this point.

A little message somewhere would be handy; I asked in-game if anything had appeared on the forums about the error, but it hadn't at that point. I was very, very worried! The forum ban didn't seem to happen during the testing phases or the remaining world transfers - or did they, and I just didn't go on the forum? - so I wasn't expecting it all.

Frelorn did do a post in the Dev Diaries, concerning the bans. If you haven't checked it out, you may want to.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and despair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2