We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Question About Improved Feint Attack Mechanics

I have looked up some stuff on the subject, but have seen mixed answers. So just wanted to ask to make sure I get the right info so I know what is and is-not affected by feint attack/Improved feint attack
    The Improved Feint attack description says that it allows cunning attack and surprise strike from stealth, but it also says that "bonus damage, crit chance, and crit damage from stealth are not activated by this skill" so
    #1) will bonuses like the hidden dagger trait (+25% from stealth damage) affect the cunning attack or surprise strike, or
    #2) will the CA/SS even get there inherent bonus damage for being used from stealth?
    #3) Strike from shadows says "stealth enhanced skills" instead of "from stealth" so would the CA/SS from stealth be affected?
    #4) would the Position surprise strike from stealth legacy affect the damage (which this one i would assume is yes, but never can be too certain)?

Quote Originally Posted by Seccline23 View Post
    I have looked up some stuff on the subject, but have seen mixed answers. So just wanted to ask to make sure I get the right info so I know what is and is-not affected by feint attack/Improved feint attack
    The Improved Feint attack description says that it allows cunning attack and surprise strike from stealth, but it also says that "bonus damage, crit chance, and crit damage from stealth are not activated by this skill" so
    #1) will bonuses like the hidden dagger trait (+25% from stealth damage) affect the cunning attack or surprise strike, or
    #2) will the CA/SS even get there inherent bonus damage for being used from stealth?
    #3) Strike from shadows says "stealth enhanced skills" instead of "from stealth" so would the CA/SS from stealth be affected?
    #4) would the Position surprise strike from stealth legacy affect the damage (which this one i would assume is yes, but never can be too certain)?
    The traits from Red line which improve stealth damage (i.e., hidden dagger and the one near the bottom of the tree) affect damage from stealth only. Just as noted in the Feint tool-tip, they do not apply to attacks made after Feint. So in a sense, you only gain these bonuses once (up to a maximum of 3x with 2x HIPS) per fight. Someone will have to comment on SS though, as I do not use that skill. If I had to guess, I would assume the SS legacy would function the same way (i.e., bonus damage from stealth but not following Feint).

As said above, the +dmg does not apply. SS and CA both get upgraded to their from stealth versions (but still lose the +dmg bonus) - you can see this in their tooltips after using IFA and before it is consumed. The SS position from stealth legacy does indeed also work with this, as it is an effect on the inherent extra dmg mechanics of SS.

Edit: I've not parse-tested this, but I noticed a significant damage increase after switching out a legacy for this one a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Faolian; Sep 17 2015 at 02:27 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/23221010000154bec/signature.png]Grinkranark[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Seccline23 View Post
    1) No, only if you are in stealth. *The 25% from 'Hidden Dagger' used to be added to IFA bonus damage but was changed a while back *
    2) CA/SS will be applied as if they were used from stealth, but are not affected by 'hidden dagger', 'Sneak Attack', 'Improved Sneak'.
    3) I don't believe they are. however, I would prefer 'Deft Strikes' over 'Strike from Shadows' even if they were.
    4) idk (see above post)

Hey Guys, Thanks for the answers. That is pretty much what i thought, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, I tested it on a dummy and strike from shadows does affect the crit damage for CA and SS after IFA (I run deft strikes and strike from shadows)

6. Apr 26 2020, 04:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MorphenAvari View Post
    This no longer appears to be the case. After testing damage numbers with and without Strike from the Shadows traited, I've concluded it does not affect skills used following Improved Feint Attack.
    Anyone mind posting their redline trait setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Beltharas View Post
    Anyone mind posting their redline trait setup?
    I use this trait for pve and pvp, it is good.

Start healing is broken or a nerf for everyone?