We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Nice to see that with next update Beornings will get a racial trait bonus for axes, and use of a bow for some ranged pulling. It's a small step but welcomed.

Change bear form to work instant toggle like marks and remove additional cd from marks.
    I'd love to have spears and axes bonuses not clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quellentalious View Post
    Change bear form to work instant toggle like marks and remove additional cd from marks.
    I'd love to have spears and axes bonuses not clubs.
    +5% damage to axes with u17

Unhappy New 'ignored" class

After months we have pretty much the same issues and no answer by Turbine.
    Also we still lacks of might based rewards in quests, DA armour set and Jewellery set by Merits for Yellow line.

Time to put forward a quick and dirty way to make "The Hide" tolerable to the point where people might actually accept it on a run. This would obviously not be the exact fix required to make the bear tank work, this is merely a (hopefully) realistic and easy to implement solution.

Give blue traited Beornings heavy shield usage for speccing in "The Hide" line at the start.

Pros Cons
    Bears can now block Guards now have someone to roll against for heavy shields
    Bears now get a reasonable buff to critical defence that is totally absent from their trait trees
    Bears get the bonus armour rating from having a shield

Can't really think of any other "downsides" with giving bears heavy shields so I'll just leave that as is.

Potential issues:

• Animations, bear clearly hasn't been designed to use a shield so there could be issues with animation. However, after hitting a training dummy around for a bit with just a 1h club equipped it seems that none of the animations would have any really issues with a shield being strapped to the other arm whilst performing them.

• Stats on heavy shields not suiting bears, not an issue as bears and guards use the same primary stats (might/vitality). The only slight issues could be power on a shield but considering we have in-combat power-regen on some of our set armours (Isengard) that's not really going to bother anyone.

• This "quick fix" could delay a possible in-depth solution from coming since it would make the class less of a priority. To be honest, this point doesn't even worry me, I don't feel like bears are ever going to get the real attention they need (Burgs/Hunters and for some reason Guards are said to be the ones being looked at, can't imagine bears would be touched in years). Bear tanking kinda works as it is, you take a bit more damage than others due to the lower bpe and this solves that problem (mostly).

Anyone elses input would be great; the only real goal from this is to create a possible solution to a bear traitline that makes it feasible with little effort on Turbine's part. They already said that giving a class access to a new passive trait for weapons is just a flip of a switch (Burglars and bows), I just want them to flip that switch.

Do people really think turbine is giving a single f uck after over 1 year and 6 month after the release of beorning considering its current alpha state which you could only miss if you're blind on both eyes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2