We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scale the Rift raid

Pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    Pretty please
    As most of community votes towards.... and pleads... and begs.

KEEP...IT....AS.....ONE! INSTANCE!

None of this break it up and ruin it ####.

Anyway... My vote is to do 2 versions.
    Lv50 version stays, and simply add 2nd version thats Lv100, no in-between. The Mechanics, the ko's and disarms, a lv100 version would last for a long time, much like lv50 version did.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

another one of these...really?
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Can we get it in a BB form, please?

Sapience answer would still be the same :

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...30#post7147930

And the scaling of Helegrod, among others, is catastrophic : I wiped it and had fun at 50 12-manned in pug => now, several classes can solo it (except Drake Wing because of levers) easily at 100 (absurd)...

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Sapience answer would still be the same :

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...30#post7147930

And the scaling of Helegrod, among others, is catastrophic : I wiped it and had fun at 50 12-manned in pug => now, several classes can solo it (except Drake Wing because of levers) easily at 100 (absurd)...
    Sapience is no longer with the company. And I'd rather have the raid catastrophically scaled than for no one to run it at all because it is obsolete. But it the scaling of it doesn't need to be a disaster...

Sapience is no longer with the company. And I'd rather have the raid catastrophically scaled than for no one to run it at all because it is obsolete. But it the scaling of it doesn't need to be a disaster...
    Sapience may no longer be with Turbine, but that does not mean his statements about what scaling the Rift would involve are necessarily wrong.
    Making it scalable would involve a lot of work - work which I think would be much better spent on making new content rather than trying to change (and potentially mess up) old content.

Obsolete or not, people do run The Rift from time to time. A badly scaled version of the raid would be worse than useless - not much fun for anyone, and those who want the old version would no longer have it.
    Making it scalable would also not necessarily have more people run it - just look at the Helegrod, Barad Guldur, or Ost Dunhoth raids which have been made scalable: How often do people run those?

My opinion is that - No thanks, do not make any kind of revamp or scaling of any of the Angmar quests or instances. They are fine as they are.

The somewhat recent revamps of North Downs, Misty Mountains and Trollshaws make me hope very much that we do not see any more revamps of old content - I think the pre-revamp version of these regions were better.

I would rather see them to save original raid and build new raid in that instance with new boss design on majority of bosses with modernized tactics taking account corruptions and so on. Sadly no idea why they don't have any interest in this, I would bet return to money would be good if they would make it to VIPs only or store purchasable. Also breaking it to 3 raid wings wouldn't break the instance either since they don't do locks anymore.

Meh, I still want character downscaling.. would work a lot better (and creates more opportunity to play group content while leveling), and btw, the original experience is ruined anyway due to HD's class changes (it's no way as hard anymore).
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Meh, I still want character downscaling.. would work a lot better (and creates more opportunity to play group content while leveling), and btw, the original experience is ruined anyway due to HD's class changes (it's no way as hard anymore).
    It's ruined by Moria changes and anything after that.

Pretty please
    No and to be Honest i would not like it much if they scaled Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We have said many times we have no plans to scale the Rift because it would require changes that we know players would not like (breaking it up similar to the Helegrod wings for example).
    I agree with Sapience on this many would not like it, and me as well...
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    Can we get it in a BB form, please?
    Maybe you missed the short bus but 2 points. 1 Rift is a raid not a epic battle. 2 Epic Battles, Instances, Skirmishes, and Raids is the forum this post is in. Can we get some common sense up in here?

/not signed

Leave it as is. Turbine utterly slaughtered Helegrod, breaking it up taking away the 24 man aspect.....just ruined.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

If the rewards are there, people will run it, no matter if it's an exact copy of the original.
    Leekae

Rank 13 Champ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    just look at the Helegrod, Barad Guldur, or Ost Dunhoth raids which have been made scalable: How often do people run those?
    Helegrod barely, BG and OD are run alot on the servers that I play but they need better loot. I want a scaled rift as long as the 50 version is still there and it's not in wings
    Korth - Parked At GV - Arkenstonned
    Korn - Prime-Evil-1 -Arkenstonned
    & Many Others on Crickhollow

Totally disagree... Spending time and recourses just to make an awful scalable version of the best raid in the game is not a clever move.

They either have to spend that time on making a new raid (which I doubt they will do...) or be sure that the scaled version of the rift is just as awesome as the prototype (which I doubt even more...).
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    Totally disagree... Spending time and recourses just to make an awful scalable version of the best raid in the game is not a clever move.

They either have to spend that time on making a new raid (which I doubt they will do...) or be sure that the scaled version of the rift is just as awesome as the prototype (which I doubt even more...).
    To me rift was never the best, too much trash, too many filler bosses that were just tank and spank with boring mechanics, only last few were exciting.

I would like to see T2 level 100 versions of all instanced content in the game.

The Isengard cluster would be first on my hit-list - hardly anyone gets to run that with an on-level group. To create a level 100 version would be easy as the mechanics are still relevant.

Add a level 100 crafted cloak - with level 100 clasp and scales, and job's a good 'un.

I don't disagree with em making lvl 100 versions of the old raids/instances, BUT i want them to offer the same or better quality as the original. Not wings, not nerfs, not lame rewards.

@siipperi Well u know...opinions are like noses. everyone has their own.
    For me Thrang and Thaur are 2 of the best bosses in lotro.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

I don't disagree with em making lvl 100 versions of the old raids/instances, BUT i want them to offer the same or better quality as the original. Not wings, not nerfs, not lame rewards.

@siipperi Well u know...opinions are like noses. everyone has their own.
    For me Thrang and Thaur are 2 of the best bosses in lotro.
    My favourites were saruman, od fear and maybe the blind one.

But if they would to scale they would need to do major rework on the rift and place corruptions and other modern instance mechanics in the raid, real dps race for example, it simply wouldnt work just as a scaled raid with assets we have in the game atm. I rather save old legacy rift raid and make compleatly new rift 2.0 with new boss design that takes some old ideas into consideration but it needs to be fresh.

yup, your suggestion of a totally new rift I think its the best. New mechanics, new ideas, new loot etc..

Tbh I don't think we'll ever see it, but hope dies last...

Everything scaled so far has been ruined. It may be ok for max levels but it ruins it completely for lower levels. There's no easy way to design these to be a challenge for max level and not be nearly impossible for on-level, especially with T2, due to the complete change over they did with how stats work.

It's been said that Rift will not be scaled. Not because they don't want to, but because they can't. Rift is tied to landscape and if they would scale the instance, the landscape would also get scaled.
    That being said, ToO and Draigoch would be nice if it would get scaled.