We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scumfilths perma-ban

I would like to say well done (sarcastic) to whoever reported scum for makin a comment that was taken out of context, as an eldarian who only went to EN this week and is now perma-banned because obviously some people don't actually understand some words used in the uk in reference to cigarettes....on ooc someone asked if they remember some certain type of cigarettes...and his reply was aye they were decent fags.....in the UK we calls cigarettes fags.....he was reported obviously cos some idiot must have an insecurity problem,i ve known scum for 8yrs through lotro and ive never heard him once have a go at anyone for their sexuality,if the person who reported him is reading this, it would be appreciated if u could write another ticket explaining u took his comment the wrong way and hopefully the ban will be lifted.
    Last edited by colhelm; Oct 10 2015 at 03:40 PM.

Angry

Omg.... just really dont understand this. Some ppl have an issue for sure with the way Scum is, he cant fart, drink, have fun or make a comment i ooc without sertain ppl reporting him. Instead they should take the time an talk to him instead of an instant report. I truely hope that Scum will be back online cause hes a very fun guy to be arround. I do know that he swears a lot, but cmon others do so too without being reported. I see it more as a personal harrasment towards Scum - and that should be reported aswell, but none dares to do so.

Hope a lot will support this thread and hope to see Scum with us again soon.

Lululukk/Luluwyne/Meaghill

Get him to phone Turbine via Skype. I've heard of a few people who have done so and had perma-bans overturned. It helps to discuss the ban with a real person rather than just have a GM skim-read reports and hit the ban button.
    Jinxycat | Spinnerette
    Inept Officer | Creatures of the Fiery Kind

I don't post often but I agree. Call Turbine Support and talk to them directly. Once the difference in cultures and slang is explained to another human rather than via the message boards I would hope they would be more than understanding about the situation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Quote Originally Posted by colhelm View Post
    I would like to say well done (sarcastic) to whoever reported scum for makin a comment that was taken out of context, as an eldarian who only went to EN this week and is now perma-banned because obviously some people don't actually understand some words used in the uk in reference to cigarettes....on ooc someone asked if they remember some certain type of cigarettes...and his reply was aye they were decent fags.....in the UK we calls cigarettes fags.....he was reported obviously cos some idiot must have an insecurity problem,i ve known scum for 8yrs through lotro and ive never heard him once have a go at anyone for their sexuality,if the person who reported him is reading this, it would be appreciated if u could write another ticket explaining u took his comment the wrong way and hopefully the ban will be lifted.
    so dont speak Uk/slang in eu server

Quote Originally Posted by kerbelettos View Post
    so dont speak Uk/slang in eu server
    it was clearly said many times, that every language can be spoken on every server in every channel without any problem
    kind of weird then, that one gets banned for saying a normal word in one language, which means something different in another language...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Hahahahaha rip Cumfilth

Gj Boyz

I can only imagine the uproar if he heard a couple of Aussies talking about throwing ####### on a fire.
    One would expect better from a GM on an EU world.

*censored? okay, it is an American forum.
    Last edited by Wirbel; Oct 10 2015 at 09:02 PM.
    Keep calm, and snuggle.

A deserved perma, excellent.

If anything I am going to send tickets commending turbine for their actions.

I couldn't find anything in the Code of Conduct that would warrant such a ban. i.e. The use of slang that maybe misconstrued and found offensive.
    I assume the GM who received the ticket was able to view the conversation in OOC?

If so, this Ban should be immediately lifted, and a review of GM's training instigated.

The following is an excerpt from the Oxford Dictionary:

### noun (CIGARETTE)

[C] UK slang a ?cigarette: a ?packet of fags. She's gone ?outside for a ?quick ###.There were ### ?ends all over the ?floor.

### noun (GAY MAN)

[C] US slang an ?offensive word for a ?gay man

### noun (TROUBLE)

be a ### mainly UK informal › to be ?boring and ?tiring to do: It's such a ### to have to make ?your ?bed every ?morning.

### noun (YOUNG BOY)

[C] UK old-fashioned (at some ?large British ?private ?schools) a ?younger ?boy who has to do ?jobs for an ?older ?boy

Assuming the OP's information is correct, and the GM had access to the alleged offensive chat in its original context. There is no merit for a perma-ban (IMO).

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Well said Col.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Awrite Col have you come over aswell? We can smoke some fags together. ????
    Rank11 Hunter Stakeknife
    Rank9 Reaver Premiumstake
    Rank7 Warg Stakesdug

Quote Originally Posted by Stakeknife1 View Post
    Awrite Col have you come over aswell? We can smoke some fags together. ????
    no yet m8 just waitin for transfer from snowy to open

Usually, a perma-ban is preceded by a series of increasing duration bans for the same offence. If the player had been banned many times already in the past for using disallowed language, and was up to perma-ban for a next offence, then it unfortunately doesn't matter how minor the transgression was; if it was such that they'd receive even just a one day ban for it, but it was their umpteenth ban for the same action, then those are just the rules.

If they hadn't already had bans for language many times before this, then the offence in question would usually need to be very obvious, very harsh, and very unquestionably maliciously intended, to warrant a perma-ban off the bat.

I don't know the player or the situation but if the perma-ban genuinely seems to be a misappropriation of justice, then whoever their friends are need to get in touch with them and encourage them to make the phone call to Turbine about it. Their phone CS is generally very helpful and talking to someone for a review will ensure that the matter is handled with due fairness. That's really your best bet. Beyond that, you shouldn't be discussing disciplinary action on the forums, that in itself is against the CoC.
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdsd View Post
    Hahahahaha rip Cumfilth

Gj Boyz
    One of the people here who constantly taunt and provoke the few they know will react for their own pleasure. AND somehow are allowed to post profanity when others get banned for it.

Why is this allowed here on this forum pray tell
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Its defiantly is not an offensive word in the UK.

The Politically correct zealots here will probably eventually find some way to be offended by it and do their best to ban it. But at the moment its is in no way offensive in the UK.

Defiantly fight the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    One of the people here who constantly taunt and provoke the few they know will react for their own pleasure. AND somehow are allowed to post profanity when others get banned for it.

Why is this allowed here on this forum pray tell
    Scumfilth* sorry Jewyan :-)

Oh-oh sounds like we should perma-ban Boromir for using the term ###### and Gandalf for understanding and agreeing with him.

J.R.R. Tolkien - 2012 - ?Preview - ?More editions
    Being the First Part of The Lord of the Rings J.R.R. Tolkien. 'But let us not speak of it ... When we leave here, where there are still a few trees and bushes, each of us should carry a ###### of wood, as large as he can bear.'

######, some say became entomologically asssociated with ### due to ####-sexuals being forced to carry wood for their own pyre when they were burned at the stake for their crimes in pre 16th century Christian Europe.

Other sources state that it was an insult pointed at cigarette smokers by cigar and pipe smokers as they considered the slender smoke sticks effeminate.

Either way we see the original term ###### used in Tolkein's works as well as other words likke gay..meaning happy, or queer meaning strange. Sadly in this overly pc day aand age some folks take offense way too easily and dont stop and think about common slang usage, or the fact that the original term had nothing to do with the insult that they attribute to it now.

Sadly you will have to reference your own copy of The Fellowship Of The Ring as the word police filter doesn't doesn't even recognize a direct quote from the book.

I dont care if he got banned tho its odd that he got perm for swearing.

What is a bit annoying is that they let clubbers play but ban someone for swearing. Curious...
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiorEluchil View Post
    I dont care if he got banned tho its odd that he got perm for swearing.

What is a bit annoying is that they let clubbers play but ban someone for swearing. Curious...
    In American slang, fags may be considered hate speech as a slur against homosexuals, and hate speech gets a harsher response. British English on a EU server, however, shouldn't even get a warning. Turbine may be violating their own policy against language discrimination.
    Keep calm, and snuggle.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdsd View Post
    Scumfilth* sorry Jewyan :-)
    ITs not good gaming behaviour that people are allowed to maliciously taunt others ingame and now here on the forums. Being able to use those words ingame to taunt and provoke people up to the point of breaking. Its nasty bullying and creating level 1 characters (such as this) to continue the taunting so that bans dont apply effectively is nasty and vindictive and should not be allowed in LOTRO.

There is never an excuse for bullies or bullying. Bullys should be banned.

Why is there no button for reporting forum posts.
    Last edited by jevvy; Oct 12 2015 at 02:47 AM.
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Hi! Is it possible this gamer misbehaved outside of that one misstep? That he may have caught some unwanted attention before?
    My bestest friend Scumfilth has a heart of gold and is really only about helping lil ol ladies across the road.
    Just doesn't seem plausible.

Point your friend Scumfilth to the ticket system and how to appeal instead.
    If duping exploiters could have bans lifted, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    Why is there no button for reporting forum posts.
    See lower left of every forum post.

deserved ban for such bad player and raid baby, gj turban