We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
    Many many posts on this thread and so last-minute a worry, but I came across this thought just now:

If I have a house in Garth Noll, Falathlorn on Vilya and I log out in that neighbourhood, and then transfer to a server that does NOT have a Garth Noll neighbourhood, then when I log in after the transfer, where will I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Isharra View Post
    Many many posts on this thread and so last-minute a worry, but I came across this thought just now:

If I have a house in Garth Noll, Falathlorn on Vilya and I log out in that neighbourhood, and then transfer to a server that does NOT have a Garth Noll neighbourhood, then when I log in after the transfer, where will I be?
    The game just places you at the neighbourhood entrance on the outside of the instance. During server transfer testing that's where every one of my characters logged in regardless of whether they had been in my house, in the housing provisioners, or just randomly somewhere in the neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    The game just places you at the neighbourhood entrance on the outside of the instance. During server transfer testing that's where every one of my characters logged in regardless of whether they had been in my house, in the housing provisioners, or just randomly somewhere in the neighbourhood.
    Awesome! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dusken View Post
    Hi guys. I'm having the same problem others have reported: not being able to transfer my main character, though this one is from Silverlode to Landroval. I've tried around 20 times now and sent 2 tickets (with no confirmation email, as well), but nothing seems to work.

The big issue now is this main character is a kin leader, so with this failed transfer our kinship was disbanded from Silverlode and hasn't arrived to Landroval. We are all kinless, people (new members from other kinships and/or servers) is waiting for us on Landroval, and all we can do seems to wait and wait.

I really can't believe we'll have to wait weeks from now for this to be fixed. Is there any official information about this problem? Like what seems to be causing it (an item, a configuration on the character, etc.) and what can we do, if possible, to fix it... or at least help fixing it.

Please, give us some information! Nothing is worse than bad news.

~ Belsar, Leader of Hispania
    We do have about a 3% failure in transfers, these are often due to IID conflicts. Basically you have an item on your character that has a back end item code that exactly matches another one on the server you are transferring to. This will have to be fixed by a GM. We are working hard to get through this tickets as fast as possible.

Any fixed date yet when we can start transferring off Snowbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    We do have about a 3% failure in transfers, these are often due to IID conflicts. Basically you have an item on your character that has a back end item code that exactly matches another one on the server you are transferring to. This will have to be fixed by a GM. We are working hard to get through this tickets as fast as possible.
    How much of that 3% are kinship leaders (or even just rank 7+ kin leaders) that fail to transfer thus holding up everyone else in the kinship?

How will this work if your GM's are still running over a week behind when you start opening up servers for only 1 week of free transfers? It doesn't give them time to fix a thing before the window closes.

I realize that a full month will follow that first single week at some point, but it seems like having a single character transfer fail resulting in a longer wait for multiple players is just an unnecessary source of frustration for all involved. I don't know how I would've handled the kin transfer any differently (I'd have to see the code/data structures), but it is a failure mode that Turbine has allowed. I think fixing the few cases that affects so many others should be given a higher priority.

Bohdb is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Lord of the Beagles
    Is it the 7th or 8th we can get off the troll fest that Arken has become?

Quote Originally Posted by colhelm View Post
    Any fixed date yet when we can start transferring off Snowbourne?
    We added additional hardware to the larger EU servers this morning. We will monitor for the next few days to see if the load issues we saw last week have lessened and then will give a timeline based on that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohdb View Post
    Is it the 7th or 8th we can get off the troll fest that Arken has become?
    Arkenstone and Gwaihir will both be available for free transfers to the other 4 top worlds in their region stating at some point in the next few hours (we are working on it now).

Arkenstone and Gwaihir will both be available for free transfers to the other 4 top worlds in their region stating at some point in the next few hours (we are working on it now).
    On my client it is already available, while transfering off Evernight is not

Bohdb is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Lord of the Beagles
    Thank you very much

Thanks Vyvyanne! But... what if you better tell me which item is it, so I can drop it and transfer my char? That would be easier, I suppose.

Thanks Vyvyanne! But... what if you better tell me which item is it, so I can drop it and transfer my char? That would be easier, I suppose.
    If we could do that it would make things easier, but we can't without digging into the individual account to find the specific conflict, It is different in each case, which is why this is a manual process for these failures that requires a GM to resolve.

If we could do that it would make things easier, but we can't without digging into the individual account to find the specific conflict, It is different in each case, which is why this is a manual process for these failures that requires a GM to resolve.
    I see. Thanks again for clearing things up

Then, how will this be done? Will you let me (or any other in the same situation as me) know when it is ready to transfer, or will you do it manually, or will I have to go online with the char once you detect/fix the problem?

I see. Thanks again for clearing things up

Then, how will this be done? Will you let me (or any other in the same situation as me) know when it is ready to transfer, or will you do it manually, or will I have to go online with the char once you detect/fix the problem?
    You will need to submit a ticket, if you haven't already. The GM will then work with the engineers on pushing the transfer through for you, correcting any items on the back end to try and get this done. You will receive and email once it is corrected or if the GM needs more information from you to complete the transfer.

You will need to submit a ticket, if you haven't already. The GM will then work with the engineers on pushing the transfer through for you, correcting any items on the back end to try and get this done. You will receive and email once it is corrected or if the GM needs more information from you to complete the transfer.
    Excellent. I have already sent two tickets, so I will be waiting then for the transfer.

I have two more questions, I hope you can help me... and sorry if I'm being too nosy:

1. Can I be told when the transfer will be done? We have created a temporary kinship on Landroval (the server we are moving to from Silverlode) with the same name of the original one, and we'd like to disband it to release the name so the transfer runs smooth.

2. I had all my chars created on Landroval before the migration, to reserve their names. Just before I tried the first migration of my chars, I delete them. Everything went fine then. Problem now is that, while I was trying to move Belsar (my main), some guys from other kinship that hate me for stupid reasons, created a char with the same name and left it there, just to use my name. Will I be able to recover my char's name?

Thanks in forehand Vyvyanne, for all of your support. Send my congratulations to the rest of the team for a smooth and well done migration process

I would like to transfer from Landroval to another server but I cannot locate transfer tokens to purchase on either the LOTRO Market or in the in-game store. Are they still available? Thanks in advance.
    (I do not have an option to transfer from Landroval in the transfer wizard)

Excellent. I have already sent two tickets, so I will be waiting then for the transfer.

I have two more questions, I hope you can help me... and sorry if I'm being too nosy:

1. Can I be told when the transfer will be done? We have created a temporary kinship on Landroval (the server we are moving to from Silverlode) with the same name of the original one, and we'd like to disband it to release the name so the transfer runs smooth.

2. I had all my chars created on Landroval before the migration, to reserve their names. Just before I tried the first migration of my chars, I delete them. Everything went fine then. Problem now is that, while I was trying to move Belsar (my main), some guys from other kinship that hate me for stupid reasons, created a char with the same name and left it there, just to use my name. Will I be able to recover my char's name?

Thanks in forehand Vyvyanne, for all of your support. Send my congratulations to the rest of the team for a smooth and well done migration process
    1. Not really. Because it is manual, it depends on the availability on the staff members making the change. Trying to coordinate an exact time would be difficult. I would recommend deleting the place holder kin unless you are fine with a name change.
    2. I am sorry but we can not intervene in this case. It is an unfortunate situation, but looking into every name conflict would make the support times even longer than we are contending with now.

1. Not really. Because it is manual, it depends on the availability on the staff members making the change. Trying to coordinate an exact time would be difficult. I would recommend deleting the place holder kin unless you are fine with a name change.
    2. I am sorry but we can not intervene in this case. It is an unfortunate situation, but looking into every name conflict would make the support times even longer than we are contending with now.
    Of 1, it's ok: we'll deal with it somehow. Thanks.
    And as of 2., I was really asking if my toon will (by migration mechanic, automatically, not your manual intervention) keep its name or not. I have kinmates that could and some that couldn't (even vs other toons they have created to reserve the name).

Thanks again, Vyvyanne

Any date on transfering off Gladden to the remaining worlds? thanks in advance

We added additional hardware to the larger EU servers this morning. We will monitor for the next few days to see if the load issues we saw last week have lessened and then will give a timeline based on that information.
    TY Vyvyanne

Can one if you please pop into GV on Evernight and tell me how we are supposed to pvp with this laggy mess?

Better yet, come try to take 4 steps.. let me know how that goes 50 seconds later ok? Or try to fire one skill off.. impossible.
    And the best part, it's actually worse for many of us then it was before you added resources...

This isn't working, so whatever you added needs to be at least doubled or tripled or something but please, do it soon.
    I've heard general chatter of many people leaving until its playable.

Edit: Sorry for the rage but I pay for this and I'd like to actually be able to play it.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

New Housing on Remaining Servers?????

Vyvyanne,

I just transferred off Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone and I'm finding VERY limited housing options in the Thorin's Hall Housing area.

I had the same issue finding suitable house in the Duilond Housing and Shire Homesteads Housing areas when I transferred from Elendilmir and Nimrodel to Landroval and Crickhollow. Fortunately there were a few more options available and I was able to claim similar housing.

Is there any plan to add additional housing to the remaining servers to better accommodate those of us moving from the servers that are shutting down?

Thank you,

Dusalan

Dadislotroguides is offline The Well Met
    Former Players Council Member
    Can someone confirm the following please;

I have created a toon on Arkenstone named "John" to hold a place for my main transferring off Meneldor.

When I transfer "John" from Meneldor to Arkenstone this toon will be renamed to "John-1".

I can then delete "John" and use the rename option to change "John-1" to "John"
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Can someone confirm the following please;

I have created a toon on Arkenstone named "John" to hold a place for my main transferring off Meneldor.

When I transfer "John" from Meneldor to Arkenstone this toon will be renamed to "John-1".

I can then delete "John" and use the rename option to change "John-1" to "John"

Yes - that is the method I used to transfer my characters, and it worked flawlessly.

Good luck with your moves.

Elleanor of Crickhollow (formerly of Windfola)

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast