We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi , this is alzeria.. Trying my beorning in the moors need some advise

I find it very frustrating to play the beorning in the moors. I like the class a lot , but I find it frustrating mostly due to lag and targets
    called out. Most are far away. I have to go into the fray. Only having a new set of old gear. I am working on the new gear ,
    jewelry etc. By the time I get up any wrath i'm either dead or what not. They usually want yellow. Yet i find red more damaging.
    Aoe bleeds etc, but no body heals a bear apparently. If i get up wrath my target runs, bear form you run extremly slow. So chasing
    your running target is stupid. I find it better to stay on stuff in our healers and squishy. Any advise for moors pvp virtues,
    gear and or lis? Also if anyone else plays on ein the moors would love to hear from you. Yet there arent enough in the moors.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Zalexia View Post
    I find it very frustrating to play the beorning in the moors. I like the class a lot , but I find it frustrating mostly due to lag and targets
    called out. Most are far away. I have to go into the fray. Only having a new set of old gear. I am working on the new gear ,
    jewelry etc. By the time I get up any wrath i'm either dead or what not. They usually want yellow. Yet i find red more damaging.
    Aoe bleeds etc, but no body heals a bear apparently. If i get up wrath my target runs, bear form you run extremly slow. So chasing
    your running target is stupid. I find it better to stay on stuff in our healers and squishy. Any advise for moors pvp virtues,
    gear and or lis? Also if anyone else plays on ein the moors would love to hear from you. Yet there arent enough in the moors.
    If you like red line more than yellow you should play red line and not worry about healing, there are many healers out there and it shouldn't concern you. Don't let them use you just for the heals. And yes, target calling is stupid on both sides because target assist is usually a ranged class player who doesn't care about how melee classes feel when they can't reach the target. So just play what you like.

[QUOTE=NotSoWeird;7461569 yes, target calling is stupid on both sides because target assist is usually a ranged class player who doesn't care about how melee classes feel when they can't reach the target. So just play what you like.[/QUOTE]

..I disagree. ...good sized group will have both a ran he d and melee callers depending on group ..even if not ..part of freaking fun of playing a melee class is movement !!! Of course , takes time when you have been used to mini for so long ..but is a blast ...but I just don't get if you having so mu ch trouble moving into targets , and being dead before you reach them..### you complaining about if they ask you to yellow when you can't dps down what's being called out ...yellow bear not only healing !! Boom# ...I having fun in my baby champ , most different class I have played comparison with mini main ..and I got to be TA in small groups ..and is gloriously fun.
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

I love target calling on my champ I get to pick the people I dislike the most and slay them! :P

Serious though target calling on melee IMO is the best but I favor heavy melee groups so that may have something to do with it.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

play a beorning, beorning is different than any class. It doesnt have power. To get off any skills you have to get your wrath up to be usefull.
    You dont carry wrath in combat like a rune keeper. Wrath is important for a beorning and it doesnt last long. I have to see if I can find more li's to
    build up wrath but, in bear form it is not like any class. It is slow and your damage is strong as are your bleeds. We are actually best
    staying in the back on the healers or if the raid moves up as a whole. If it is lagging, or a lot of spider #### getting to your
    targets is near impossible. I am not saying i'm not willing to try and yes its different than playing an op healing class.
    I am used to staying alive longer than a few seconds. I guess I got frustrated with getting no heals and dying a lot. I will get used to playing.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

play a beorning, beorning is different than any class. It doesnt have power. To get off any skills you have to get your wrath up to be usefull.
    You dont carry wrath in combat like a rune keeper. Wrath is important for a beorning and it doesnt last long. I have to see if I can find more li's to
    build up wrath but, in bear form it is not like any class. It is slow and your damage is strong as are your bleeds. We are actually best
    staying in the back on the healers or if the raid moves up as a whole. If it is lagging, or a lot of spider #### getting to your
    targets is near impossible. I am not saying i'm not willing to try and yes its different than playing an op healing class.
    I am used to staying alive longer than a few seconds. I guess I got frustrated with getting no heals and dying a lot. I will get used to playing.
    ...you need to figure out how to build up wrath ..because even out of combat bears can keep and build their wrath up ....experiment with skills rotations ..............
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

Solution Found

I will teach you. Just hit me up when I'm online.

Falcon.
    Father of the House of Falcon-Falconor, Falconidas, Falcongash, Falconslash...etc.

@falcon and everyone else who gave advise without trolling thank you. I will contact you falcon.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

I am frustrated playing a melee class in a raid because (1) I don't know how to play the class well, (2) people want me to play a different trait line than I want to play, (3) I don't get enough heals, (4) the target-calling thoughtlessly sends me through aoe to get to targets.
    I would recommend learning to play without a raid. This solves problems 2-4. Problem 1 should be addressed in the 100 levels that it takes to advance your character from creation to level cap.

[1] play a beorning, beorning is different than any class. It doesnt have power. ... [2] We are actually best
    targets is near impossible. [3] I am not saying i'm not willing to try and yes its different than playing an op healing class.
    [4] I am used to staying alive longer than a few seconds. I guess I got frustrated with getting no heals and dying a lot. [5] I will get used to playing.
    I'm confused at how in your initial post you ask for help in learning to how to play the class, but in this 2nd post you can make statements like (1) and (3) explaining how the class works and statement (2) opining about how the class works best. Moreover, the fact that you say (3) at all, that the bear is "different than" playing an op healing class, suggests to me you don't understand the class at all. (4) is because beornings have no flop. This is well-known. (5) is dubious. I recall seeing similar comments about your RK.

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    ...you need to figure out how to build up wrath ..because even out of combat bears can keep and build their wrath up ....experiment with skills rotations ..............

Quote Originally Posted by GyrFalcon_the_White View Post
    I will teach you. Just hit me up when I'm online.

Falcon.

I wonder, where will this go?

I will contact you falcon.

and theres the troll... i had stated I didnt know how to play it in the moors efficiently, to build up wrath in time and move while ur doing it.
    Lag is a huge contributor . Yet Seems like there always has to be one in a bunch. Everyone else seems to know what I meant you must be special.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Lag! Lag problem can be avoided if you keep small group till you get a grip ..and roam ...after that ,then you can give it a go in lag bomb of rvr
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

yea I have to just get over the fact i dont like to die as much on my non healing classes. I usually die and get alz lol.
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"

Taking lots of deaths is path of learning ascension ...main is mini too, although I played red line a lot..atm after much grinding , I gear out , I'm playing a champ..I pick only one line for lis , and was yellow. .nothing like I played on my tactical classes.. have quite a lot to learn, many deaths to come..and not because of them I'm going to drop to blue line for example. .sticking to it and feeding the flyer wargs!! Still doesn't take out the exitmentment. ..trying to get use to time skill cut, debuffs, and remember I run out of power rotation ect ect....and it was good idea to do so..so many wargs as I never seen before makes worth learning it
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

and theres the troll...
    If you can't tell the difference between blunt honesty and trolling...

Some chose to humor you. I decline your invitation to do so.

Lag! Lag problem can be avoided if you keep small group till you get a grip ..and roam ...after that ,then you can give it a go in lag bomb of rvr
    I see you suggesting that things are within her control to change... I would discourage you from implying that she herself is accountable for her difficulties lest you be labeled a troll! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post
    . I would discourage you from implying that she herself is accountable for her difficulties lest you be labeled a troll! D:
    .what if I tell you I'm already doing it in an imperceptible way ? ?
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

.what if I tell you I'm already doing it in an imperceptible way ? ?
    D:

You playing on ark chod? ..you going to need that gif always at hand for me hehe
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

@falcon and everyone else who gave advise without trolling thank you. I will contact you falcon.
    He's a known exploiter, I'd keep that in mind as a council member you wouldnt want the population you serve to think you take direction and advice from Falcon.

This is an extremely serious issue, as you well know Turbine takes the integrity of their game and their player council representatives, very seriously. The very notion of having one of you run with someone who has been banned more than once for exploiting is as near a scandal as we can have here on the lotro forums.

I for one, but the great opportunist I am to entertain the masses, will not let it pass without note.

I will get used to playing.
    dubious.

Tonight:

Starts on yellow-line bear in 6-man regularly shadowing fraid.
    Ends on minstrel in solo-raider/fraid-hugging fellow.

q.e.d.

You playing on ark chod? ..you going to need that gif always at hand for me hehe
    Yah, though after the toilet flushed and the influx of BW came down the drain to Ark, idk how much longer I can last... I'll keep the pic handy tho. One simply can't get enough of Channing Tatums, mmmmm!!!

Yah, though after the toilet flushed and the influx of BW came down the drain to Ark, idk how much longer I can last...

you can keep the excess of Tatums .... not my type XD
    Ascension-Arkenstone :

Yah, though after the toilet flushed and the influx of BW came down the drain to Ark, idk how much longer I can last...
    The good news that culling of the BW sump leaves it more ideal to return to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    The good news that culling of the BW sump leaves it more ideal to return to.
    If you think the people who washed off the top are bad, you should see the dregs.

Alzeria!

I hope you never become proficient on your Beorning so I can finally get my 25 Audacity!!!

<3
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    He's a known exploiter, I'd keep that in mind as a council member you wouldnt want the population you serve to think you take direction and advice from Falcon.

This is an extremely serious issue, as you well know Turbine takes the integrity of their game and their player council representatives, very seriously. The very notion of having one of you run with someone who has been banned more than once for exploiting is as near a scandal as we can have here on the lotro forums.

I for one, but the great opportunist I am to entertain the masses, will not let it pass without note.
    Really?

So you're telling me, if the President engages in a conversation with a criminal and the criminal is knowledgeable about how to grow potatoes really well, and the President wants to know how to grow Potatoes really well, then the President is automatically labeled a crook because he convened in learning something from the criminal and should be impeached?

Because that's basically what you're saying.

She should be able to get advice from anyone she chooses, "Exploiter" or not. If he's not teaching her to exploit and she doesnt actually exploit then who gives two craps that shes taking advice from him?
    Kruelle Rank 8 LM-Level 100
    Ignideus Rank 6 RK-Level 100
    Grushkul Rank 7 Warg
    - Rest in Peace, Sylidor, of Elendilmer! May your memory last forever. -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast