We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Crashing

Game Crashing

Ive been waiting for a good few years to get to the White City, only to find its unplayable. 4 Crash's in as many minutes as soon as I get into MT. I run a high end Alienware machine but wants the point in having a high end machine if I have to dumb down everything to make the game playable. Sorry MAJOR FAIL here, so so disappointed.

Anyone else having issues
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

they add that in list already that high+ quility get problem so better use lower setting till they fix thos issues

Yeah agreed, though there is a solution, it needs to be fixed asap. The city is glorious and I wanna play through it on ultra like I normally do everywhere else. Hoping for a hotfix soon on this one.
    Frodo shot first.

crashes

Every time I enter a door in the new area. Game crashes completely out to desktop. This has happened before this last update. IT would have been better to wait for the update and have the major bugs fixed.

Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    The Deep Delver
    Friend of Hira
    This is happening everywhere, not just the new area. I have reduced my graphics to Very Low (still DirectX11 though) and I've crashed 5 times in about an hour. This happens whenever there is a loading screen (porting, going through doors, etc.). Patch notes mentioned this "known issue" for the "new areas" but it's everywhere. Gives the error "The connection to the server has been lost."

Turbine, the game is not playable this way. This never happened prior to today's update.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

This is so bad. I had been experiencing similar crashes before, but never this frequently. Right now I am unable to play for longer than 5 minutes anywhere near Minas Tirith. On Ultra settings, that goes as low as 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Montrandir View Post
    Yeah agreed, though there is a solution
    There is no solution unfortunately, I am crashing all the time despite lowering my settings. It just delays the inevitable.
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

Crashing to desktop here as well... Regardless of graphic setting and didn't happen to me before U17. This really needs attention ASAP.

win10, GTX660Ti on 358.50

Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    The Deep Delver
    Friend of Hira
    After further testing (see post above, I crashed 5 times in 1 hour), once I reduced graphics to Very low and dropped down to Direct X9, the crashes stopped.

Prior to this update, though, I never crashed. Well maybe not never, but it'd been months and months, maybe even years.

To reiterate - I haven't even ventured in to the new area, so all this crashing happens throughout Middle Earth.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

What baffles me is that they wanted to get u17 out the door before fixing the crashing issue which is a known issue.

I suppose they needed more data from users crashing? I have no idea. It's a very bad memory leak problem.

This didn't happen on BR. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Many Mac client (Which is a fully supported version that Turbine created.. so take your "PC" comments and stick em in Gollum's cave) players have been experiencing the same memory crashes since Rohan released when mounting/riding south of the Great River.

Wonder how fast they'll jump through hoops now to fix it that it affects more people.
    0096 2251 2110 8105

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    This is happening everywhere, not just the new area. I have reduced my graphics to Very Low (still DirectX11 though) and I've crashed 5 times in about an hour. This happens whenever there is a loading screen (porting, going through doors, etc.). Patch notes mentioned this "known issue" for the "new areas" but it's everywhere. Gives the error "The connection to the server has been lost."

Turbine, the game is not playable this way. This never happened prior to today's update.

After any update that seems to cause problems take your game client out of your firewall/virus real time scanning/and security software exceptions and add it back. (always do frequent manual scans of the game client and its backup, as password-stealing viruses can attach there)

Crashing with the "connection to the server has been lost" message when going through doors and such however, often has to do with ports changing. This can possibly cause a ctd (as lost connections sometimes can), but usually it just hangs and you can see chat and not move, but only spin in place.

Make sure you have the proper ports added as firewall exceptions 9000-9013 UDP outgoing 2900-2913 UDP outgoing (chat) and port 80 UDP and TCP

Then recycle your modem-router-computer by turning them all off and then turning them back on in that order, allowing enough time for each to completely cycle back on before turning on the next one.

If that doesn't solve your issues then put an individual post in the technical forms. Similar-sounding issues aren't always the same issue.

I'm crashing too in MT, 5 6 times in a row. Playing on ultra settings, graphic card is a geforce gtx 770. I will lower my settings, however it's a pity not to enjoy the city in its full glory.

Ive managed to move around MT most of the night without crashing, but with very Low settings. Its like being in a Raid on Raid in EM, very laggy. The Known Issue is only porting in and out of instances from MT not moving around MT. This Known Issue has been around for years and I constantly crash when porting in and out of instances in DA, but not just questing around.
    Proud Leader of Beggars Banquet
    A pessimist is just an optimist who knows better

This seems to be a memory load issue. I don't think that this is a memory *leak*, rather that there is a high demand of video card memory, or maybe bandwidth.

It happened that I bought a new video card several weeks ago, because the old one had fried itself in last summer. The new one is a NVidia GeForce GTX 750, running under Windows 10 with the driver version 355.60 - not brand new, but working.

The video memory consists of 2 GB of DDR5 chips, which seems to be enough to load the city, but processing the content at a resolution of 1920 x 1080, with High settings and maximum frills distance obviously took too much time to allow for a smooth movement in the streets. Every now and then the display would stall, and update again while the character had already moved on. I traveled through Minas Tirith, took the swift horses up and down, visited the two boys from Blackroot Vale in the Tavern, got lost while trying to find the picknick basket and then looked from the top over the Pelennor Fields, and all this time the game did not crash - I guess I was moving through the city for at least an hour, maybe even two. I hadn't thought of using CTRL + F to check the frame rate, but the performance was at times not really good (subjective perception).

My theory is, that changing the complete video content (like when a character leaves an interior location and enters the outside world) might be too demanding for video cards with less memory, so that they fail in some place or other, and the error terminates the game itself.

If this is true, the 'fix' for this issue would mean, that you have to lower the settings in this area drastically, or get a card with more memory. I know that this isn't a pleasant alternative, but I don't know any better.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    This seems to be a memory load issue. I don't think that this is a memory *leak*, rather that there is a high demand of video card memory, or maybe bandwidth.

It happened that I bought a new video card several weeks ago, because the old one had fried itself in last summer. The new one is a NVidia GeForce GTX 750, running under Windows 10 with the driver version 355.60 - not brand new, but working.

The video memory consists of 2 GB of DDR5 chips, which seems to be enough to load the city, but processing the content at a resolution of 1920 x 1080, with High settings and maximum frills distance obviously took too much time to allow for a smooth movement in the streets. Every now and then the display would stall, and update again while the character had already moved on. I traveled through Minas Tirith, took the swift horses up and down, visited the two boys from Blackroot Vale in the Tavern, got lost while trying to find the picknick basket and then looked from the top over the Pelennor Fields, and all this time the game did not crash - I guess I was moving through the city for at least an hour, maybe even two. I hadn't thought of using CTRL + F to check the frame rate, but the performance was at times not really good (subjective perception).

My theory is, that changing the complete video content (like when a character leaves an interior location and enters the outside world) might be too demanding for video cards with less memory, so that they fail in some place or other, and the error terminates the game itself.

If this is true, the 'fix' for this issue would mean, that you have to lower the settings in this area drastically, or get a card with more memory. I know that this isn't a pleasant alternative, but I don't know any better.

Greetings, Polymachos
    I bought a pretty high end system not too long ago so I could play my games on high or ultra high if I wanted to. I have a good internet connection and more memory than I could need. I run other games with better game engines and higher graphic detail (FFXIV and SWTOR to name a few) with almost zero issues. Ironically enough, SWTOR and STO also have major launches today and I was able to play them with no problems. But, without fail, LOTRO will give me the most problems over and over again. I got kicked out of the game 3 times today and that was after I reduced my settings to Low (which, I shouldn't have to do in order to be able to navigate through the white city). We've waited how many years to see Minas Tirith and now we have to experience it on low setting until Turbine get their act together? I can't accept that.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

Greetings, Polymachos
    That's an interesting theory, and one I am going to try to check. I'm on Win 10 Pro build 10565, x64. I have a GTx 750 Ti, 2GB DDR5 as well, running version 358.50 of the driver, which updated on the 7th of October. Going through any port should also make the client flush and refill the memory texture cache, I'd think, too.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    I bought a pretty high end system not too long ago so I could play my games on high or ultra high if I wanted to. I have a good internet connection and more memory than I could need. I run other games with better game engines and higher graphic detail (FFXIV and SWTOR to name a few) with almost zero issues. Ironically enough, SWTOR and STO also have major launches today and I was able to play them with no problems. But, without fail, LOTRO will give me the most problems over and over again. I got kicked out of the game 3 times today and that was after I reduced my settings to Low (which, I shouldn't have to do in order to be able to navigate through the white city). We've waited how many years to see Minas Tirith and now we have to experience it on low setting until Turbine get their act together? I can't accept that.
    I've not tried the latest SW:TOR, but that game has always been more problematic for me than LotRO has been. Oh well. As for STO, that one is unplayable on my system, for I can't get out of space dock.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

It is not just happening in MT. I am in Enedwaith trying to finish quests I skipped and I keep crashing to my desktop. After my 4th crash I gave up and came on here to see if others were having the same problem. Since the transfers I have been noticing a lot of lag and freezing in place. Now it is lag, freezing in place, and crashing to desktop. I hope they can get this fixed. I seriously hope they can get this fixed. After this last update my hopes were high. Well, so much for that.

I kinda doubt this is the issue, but when I first came back to LotRO several months ago, I had a crashing issue when going through doors myself.
    Did a quick Google search and came up with this.
    I have Windows 10 and had to do this when I first upgraded after a clean install.
    No clue if it was just a coincidence, or if that fixed my problem.

I do have a fairly weak graphics card(Geforce GT 620) that I can't even update the drivers without issues, so my "fix" may or may not help you guys, but I figured it was worth mentioning...

This U17 release is hardly beta quality. I really don't understand why it was rushed because they already knew about crashing issue. There was 3 public beta release before they put it on live.. Can't understand. If I was sub I would be very pissed to gaming experience what I would get for my money, good that I am not and no plans to go VIP anymore if quality is like that.

I doubt it. My card has 4GB VRAM and monitoring the usage shows that the game remains around 900MB-1GB all the time.

I also checked the regular RAM and pagefile usage and while the game uses 3.5-4GB of both, there doesn't seem to be any sort of increase that leads to a crash. Both of them seem to be stable until a seemingly random moment where the game just crashes.
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

Yup...

AMD FX8350 (8-core) @ ~4.0GHz
    AMD 7970 - 3GB VRAM
    16GB DDR3 RAM

Minas Tirith, something I was so very excited for...and I get stutter, 15FPS and I am unable to actually explore.

Exploration is one of the best parts of LOTRO to me, and now every door I've seen it's a "well, I won't go in there...I'll just get another crash."

This is so badly optimized I honestly doubt they will fix it - since these issues have been apparent since Dunland and the average framerate has gone from 200 in Eriador, to 10-25 in the new areas.

The fact that it was released in this state makes me very cynical, since Turbine think this is an acceptable, finished addition with only "minor bugs."

I had to set my graphics to Medium, down from Ultra high. My Cards have 2 gig of RAM and watching the monitoring software as I rode thru MT, I watched the memoru usage of my graphics card rise until it hit 2.1 g then crashed to desktop. I was able to repeat this several times to confirm. When set at the default medium setting, Vram usage stays at ~1064 MB steady with no crashes thus far.

I was crashing in large built up areas.

I doubled my virtual memory.
    (system properties, advanced tab, performance "settings", advanced tab, virtual memory "change".)

I haven't crashed since.

Windows 10.

I hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Chiglet View Post
    I was crashing in large built up areas.

I doubled my virtual memory.
    (system properties, advanced tab, performance "settings", advanced tab, virtual memory "change".)

I haven't crashed since.

Windows 10.

I hope it helps
    Owwkay... so what was it set to before doubling, and what is it set to now?
    Roses are red, Polar bears are white, if you meet one at night you'll get quite a fright.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast