We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gold BB vs New 3-Slot Crafted Jewelry

Are you all opting for the new 3-slot crafted jewelry over the Gold BB? I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to switch gears and focus on the crafted or stick with grinding for the best BB jewelry. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Personally, I would for sure get the BB "bubble" set and the BB 10%induction bow damage set. That will leave 3 pieces of slotted jewels one of which you get for free in eastern gondor or you could just make all 3 crafted. Then I would wait and barter the 3 slotted armor in MT rather than getting the 4 slotted DA armor. Unless you have tons of supreme essences of course.

I calculate essence equivalence by taking a stat like agilty, for example, and converting it to mastery, crit, parry & evade, then dividing those numbers by their essence equivalents.

The First & Second Gold BB jewellery set pieces come in at equaling 5.43 essence each
    The 3 slot crafted come in at equaling 5.36 essence
    The Third & Fourth Gold BB jewellery set pieces come in at equaling 5.2 essence each

If you think parry & evade are a waste then the Gold jewellery might not be as good stat-wise, but factoring in the set bonuses I would think the +Induction damage & +crit proc (First & Second) sets would definitely be worth getting.
    The Third & Fourth sets are useless both stat-wise & proc-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwynn View Post
    I calculate essence equivalence by taking a stat like agilty, for example, and converting it to mastery, crit, parry & evade, then dividing those numbers by their essence equivalents.

The First & Second Gold BB jewellery set pieces come in at equaling 5.43 essence each
    Don't limit your thinking just on pure numbers (even though they're helpful). The crit proc set IMO is vital for a hunter, particularly a precision one like me, because of the number of positive effects that scoring a crit has. I'm sure someone somewhere like Pat or Fara did some testing that showed that the +10% induction bow damage set and 2 3-slot earrings with phys mastery on were nearly identical in DPS terms.

Best jewelry build would be
    Crafted Earring, Gold BB Earring (induction)
    Gold BB Necklace (induction)
    Crafted Bracelet, Golden BB Bracelet (crit)
    Crafted Ring, Golden BB Ring (crit)

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    I'm sure someone somewhere like Pat or Fara did some testing that showed that the +10% induction bow damage set and 2 3-slot earrings with phys mastery on were nearly identical in DPS terms.
    It was I actually (see here), and the conclusion was that BB induction bow damage set brings more dps than what physical mastery essence jewelry.
    To compensate the loss of damage from "+10% induction bow damage", you would need to gain 4k Physical Mastery. Needlesss to say you don't gain enough by switching two jewelry pieces.