We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

@Soloers/Small Groupers, a Review of Landy PvP

The following wall of text is not to be insulting or trollish- it is simply an honest opinion of the consistent state of Landroval PvP for the last chunk of people who have yet to transfer, not including the additional cross-remaining server transfers that will occur in the next few months.

After deciding to give Landroval PvP a try for a week or so, I find that it hasn't changed at all- it's simply turned bigger. Here are Landroval's drawbacks:

1. No sense of fair play at any level of the game. The 1v1 circle is an assortment of Free People using every heal/skill in their arsenal, even if the opposition is powerless to fight back. This isn't simply a case of "we like using more skills in 1v1s." Expect Wardens to full-bar you with Heal over Times and use Light Bleeds, Minstrels to heal, Hunter to be in yellow, Loremasters to use every skill in the book, etc. There is no respect for the open field 1v1, and if you happen to find a freep/creep solo, you can expect any and all PvPers within a square mile to interfere.

2. The heal-stacking is horrific. With no exaggeration, about 3/4 of the minstrels, 1/2 of the Loremasters, 3/4 of the Beornings, 3/4 of the Runekeepers, and 1/2 of the Champs are heal/blue traited while roaming. If you manage to get lucky and find a freep solo, you can essentially give up any hope of killing that person (that is, until Turbine decides to adjust Freep healing, so essentially never).

3. Camp game is real. Even if you enjoy RvR (not my cup of tea), be prepared to deal with regular Rez/BD camps- it composes a large percentage of group fights.

4. Pop buff/OP buff imbalances. Because Landroval was arguably the largest transfer destination, it regularly suffers from the totally obnoxious and unnecessary Population buff (on both sides). In addition, Landy has a dedicated set of OP flippers (mostly Burgs and Wargs) who, during various times of the day, will consistently ensure that OP buffs are never even. You'll also find Guardians/Wardens regularly mass-flipping Delving/Keeps while RvR fights are occurring.

5. Population time zone imbalance. Landy enjoys action often starting at EST early afternoon, going through EST Midnight, usually. While this is the case for most servers, the fact that Landy's massive population does not support any consistent small-time action during EST mornings, European early afternoons is unusual. When it rains, it pours, on Landy, and you'll often find yourself in an empty Ettenmoors, or with a total Zerg ball moors.

6. Lag/Reduced awareness. As I said in the previous point, Landy's action is often very concentrated. That means a great majority of the time you will be fighting with crippling lag and the familiar Reduced Awareness notification.

Good things about Landy:

Land's local color is... colorful:

As I said, this is not to be insulting- my time at Landy has been far from totally disastrous (it was nice seeing many of my old Brandy friends and grabbing some 1v1s). However, the significant drawbacks are enough that I feel it worth sharing with fellow soloers/small groupers looking into the server.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylence View Post
    The following wall of text is not to be insulting or trollish- it is simply an honest opinion of the consistent state of Landroval PvP for the last chunk of people who have yet to transfer, not including the additional cross-remaining server transfers that will occur in the next few months.
    Okey?

After deciding to give Landroval PvP a try for a week or so, I find that it hasn't changed at all- it's simply turned bigger. Here are Landroval's drawbacks:
    one week? Thats not enough son.

1. No sense of fair play at any level of the game. The 1v1 circle is an assortment of Free People using every heal/skill in their arsenal, even if the opposition is powerless to fight back. This isn't simply a case of "we like using more skills in 1v1s." Expect Wardens to full-bar you with Heal over Times and use Light Bleeds, Minstrels to heal, Hunter to be in yellow, Loremasters to use every skill in the book, etc. There is no respect for the open field 1v1, and if you happen to find a freep/creep solo, you can expect any and all PvPers within a square mile to interfere.
    Eh? Really? Comeon, most freeps, or 90% of all dont heal or even use CDs, expect some riddles, but riddles are riddles.

2. The heal-stacking is horrific. With no exaggeration, about 3/4 of the minstrels, 1/2 of the Loremasters, 3/4 of the Beornings, 3/4 of the Runekeepers, and 1/2 of the Champs are heal/blue traited while roaming. If you manage to get lucky and find a freep solo, you can essentially give up any hope of killing that person (that is, until Turbine decides to adjust Freep healing, so essentially never).
    Like I said 1 week aint enough, And heal stacking happens everywhere, so what are you trying to say?

3. Camp game is real. Even if you enjoy RvR (not my cup of tea), be prepared to deal with regular Rez/BD camps- it composes a large percentage of group fights.
    Welcome to Lotro PvP

4. Pop buff/OP buff imbalances. Because Landroval was arguably the largest transfer destination, it regularly suffers from the totally obnoxious and unnecessary Population buff (on both sides). In addition, Landy has a dedicated set of OP flippers (mostly Burgs and Wargs) who, during various times of the day, will consistently ensure that OP buffs are never even. You'll also find Guardians/Wardens regularly mass-flipping Delving/Keeps while RvR fights are occurring.
    cool

Was expecting you adding " Come to Crick its better " ... but lol
    Anyways I want to add that Landy have a pretty nice of Mixed PvP, solos, groups, raids, usually Grams - lugz ... TA - TR ... TR - GV ... Ost ... DG

Quote Originally Posted by zolander View Post
    Okey?

one week? Thats not enough son.

Eh? Really? Comeon, most freeps, or 90% of all dont heal or even use CDs, expect some riddles, but riddles are riddles.

Like I said 1 week aint enough, And heal stacking happens everywhere, so what are you trying to say?

Welcome to Lotro PvP

cool

Was expecting you adding " Come to Crick its better " ... but lol
    Anyways I want to add that Landy have a pretty nice of Mixed PvP, solos, groups, raids, usually Grams - lugz ... TA - TR ... TR - GV ... Ost ... DG
    One week is plenty, in my opinion, but a lot of what you are saying is opinion vs opinion. You're entitled to your own.

And many freeps heal in addition to using skills that are even worse than heals, light bleeds, dwarf endurance, Armor of Elements, Fire Shield, Champion's Duel. Heals alone aren't the only brokenly powerful things freeps have and use in 1v1s on Landroval. I'm not here just to QQ, but a large portion of players don't want to 1v1 against players that use that, and this is a warning to those players.

No, Crick isn't better, de facto. I find Crick to be far better for solo/small grouping simply because you can find solos off and on through out the 24 hour day, and those solos are rarely heal traited (despite what you believe, classes roaming in heal lines is not the norm on other servers). I also found Arkenstone to be superior as it at least had small groups/solos of freeps on off hours. However, Landy has far more group action. My review is for soloing/small grouping.

I'm not here just to rip Landy PvP. If you liked Brandy, you'll like Landroval- it's a server that a small group of talented freeps is going to mop the floor with. If you're looking for 1v1s, small groups as creeps, I would go elsewhere.

One week is plenty, in my opinion, but a lot of what you are saying is opinion vs opinion. You're entitled to your own.

And many freeps heal in addition to using skills that are even worse than heals, light bleeds, dwarf endurance, Armor of Elements, Fire Shield, Champion's Duel. Heals alone aren't the only brokenly powerful things freeps have and use in 1v1s on Landroval. I'm not here just to QQ, but a large portion of players don't want to 1v1 against players that use that, and this is a warning to those players.

No, Crick isn't better, de facto. I find Crick to be far better for solo/small grouping simply because you can find solos off and on through out the 24 hour day, and those solos are rarely heal traited (despite what you believe, classes roaming in heal lines is not the norm on other servers). I also found Arkenstone to be superior as it at least had small groups/solos of freeps on off hours. However, Landy has far more group action. My review is for soloing/small grouping.

I'm not here just to rip Landy PvP. If you liked Brandy, you'll like Landroval- it's a server that a small group of talented freeps is going to mop the floor with. If you're looking for 1v1s, small groups as creeps, I would go elsewhere.
    It would seem the best solution is to have 1v1s using only auto-attacks.

Dont worry, you wont be able to rip landy PvP. I would say if you like Brandy you'll like Arkenstone, aka Akrenwine. 1v1s are cool here, where people rarely use CDs or evne heals, dont judge by fighting only 2-5 freeps. And funny part, those 2-5 freeps you're fighting are riddles pop ... You only sat at GTA and talked trash about Landy in OOC, and you didnt last more then 15min till you log off. so ...
    Last edited by zolander; Nov 09 2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejacksoph24 View Post
    It would seem the best solution is to have 1v1s using only auto-attacks.
    10/10 straw man.

Dont worry, you wont be able to rip landy PvP. I would say if you like Brandy you'll like Arkenstone, aka Akrenwine. 1v1s are cool here, where people rarely use CDs or evne heals, dont judge by fighting only 2-5 freeps. And funny part, those 2-5 freeps you're fighting are riddles pop ... You only sat at GTA and talked trash about Landy in OOC, and you didnt last more then 15min till you log off. so ...
    Honestly, what kin it was, what I said, whatever- it's irrelevant. I've played this server for several hours each day of the past week, and off and on for the past month- all at different times. I formed an opinion (also considering what it was like back when I played this server for 2-3 months). This server is not as 1v1 friendly as others, in my opinion.

my opinion is far less valid than the OP because I'm basing it off of about 2 hours of action. With that being said let me interest you all with my view of things.

1) there are too many freeps
    2) there are very few (less than 5) soloers. And sorry but sitting at gta and 1v1ing does not a soloer make.
    3) call outs are more popular than ever
    4) pve spots are still the best spots to find any action
    5) lots of heal traited freeps (though fewer than the OP suggested)
    6) people still rely on the other side to provide a challenge rather than controlling what they can control
    7) more small groups than previously but as soon as a small group runs into some resistance backup is called in
    8) sizzlac must have dropped his seed all over gta because co'sang sprouts have taken over the area. But don't worry, the infestation is limited to gta and other areas of the map seem completely empty of co'sang
    9) players refuse to move 1v1s away from gta
    10) Ooc is still as enjoyable as ever
    11) asking someone if they "are mad" is an overused trolling tactic used by the young. But asking someone if they "are angry" is acceptable and sophisticated.
    12) vigilante creeps still like to announce that they are reporting someone despite any proof of wrong doing.

Overall, I was not impressed with Landy pvp but the OOC alone makes it fun and interesting.
    Last edited by Trainatura; Nov 09 2015 at 04:20 PM.

8. Nov 09 2015, 11:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by zolander View Post
    1v1s are cool here, where people rarely use CDs or evne heals, dont judge by fighting only 2-5 freeps. And funny part, those 2-5 freeps you're fighting are riddles pop ...
    It reminds me of this John Cleese video on Youtube that someone reposted in a recent Monster Play thread. The same logic applies: How can Riddles in the Dark possibly realize that they are trash when you have to be somewhat good to realize what is trash and what is not?

Now that US servers are condensed to 5, you will find plenty of noobs to farm no matter what server you're on. And those noobs will rage/QQ a lot when they die, possibly blame death on cheats, exploits, and macros? So just relax, people like them make OOC fun to read and they will be your source of in-game entertainment for many days to come.

I formed an opinion (also considering what it was like back when I played this server for 2-3 months). This server is not as 1v1 friendly as others, in my opinion.
    In the time that I've been here and according to other people who have been here longer, this server has never been 1v1 friendly. This server is PvE friendly, you should know this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    1) there are too many freeps
    2) there are very few (less than 5) soloers. And sorry but sitting at gta and 1v1ing does not a soloer make.
    3) call outs are more popular than ever
    4) pve spots are still the best spots to find any action
    5) lots of heal traited freeps (though fewer than the OP suggested)
    6) people still rely on the other side to provide a challenge rather than controlling what they can control
    7) more small groups than previously but as soon as a small group runs into some resistance backup is called in
    8) sizzlax must have dropped his seed all over gta because co'sang sprouts have taken over the area. But don't worry, the infestation is limited to gta and other areas of the map seem completely empty of co'sang
    9) players refuse to move 1v1s away from gta
    10) Ooc is still as enjoyable as ever
    11) asking someone if they "are mad" is an overused trolling tactic used by the young. But asking someone if they "are angry" is acceptable and sophisticated.
    12) vigilante creeps still like to announce that they are reporting someone despite any proof of wrong doing.

Overall, I was not impressed with Landy pvp but the OOC alone makes it fun and interesting.
    5. I honestly can say that I wasn't exaggerating this point at all. I have never seen as many heal traited freeps as I find on Landy. I regularly will roam the map pouncing any and all solos I find, and they are, by the majority blue or heal specced. This is even on off hours w/o group action going on. This is one of my biggest issues with Landroval PvP.

@Hej, I was made aware of that when I first rolled my warg here. However, I decided a month ago to drop in occasionally to see if it had changed, this week playing consistently. It hasn't, and I wanted others to be aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia View Post
    John Cleese
    it's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I just saw my name and thought I would say that my name is Sizzlac.
    Please keep going - I may come back later again.

5. Population time zone imbalance. Landy enjoys action often starting at EST early afternoon, going through EST Midnight, usually. While this is the case for most servers, the fact that Landy's massive population does not support any consistent small-time action during EST mornings, European early afternoons is unusual. When it rains, it pours, on Landy, and you'll often find yourself in an empty Ettenmoors, or with a total Zerg ball moors.

6. Lag/Reduced awareness. As I said in the previous point, Landy's action is often very concentrated. That means a great majority of the time you will be fighting with crippling lag and the familiar Reduced Awareness notification.

Good things about Landy:

As I said, this is not to be insulting- my time at Landy has been far from totally disastrous (it was nice seeing many of my old Brandy friends and grabbing some 1v1s). However, the significant drawbacks are enough that I feel it worth sharing with fellow soloers/small groupers looking into the server.

Thanks.
    Welcome to Landy! I appreciate your feedback. I find it to be a pretty accurate first impression of Landy, actually.

1. We do currently have an issue with the 1v1 situation. No one really wants to 1v1 "fairly" with each other, except people of certain kinships (who barely even play creep). I used to stand by at 1v1 circles to rez and talk with creep buddies, until these kins started ganging up on everyone outside their friend circle. I personally don't like to 1v1, as I play mostly defiler and half my skills are heals or debuffs, and my dps skills are a bit like gumming a rock to death.

2. It is very rare to find a freep solo! And like you said, you might as well just run past them, because they're going to outheal you anyways.

3. Unfortunately we do have a problem with creeps being outnumbered (at least when I'm on) So at that point, I guess freeps feel like if there's a pinata at grams, they should just invite all their friends to punch it too.

4. I'm not sure exactly why this problem happens, but when it does on creep side, I find that some freeps log their spy reavers in to bump the population up to make it look balanced. I think we all can agree that we hate the OP flipping thing, and I personally can't figure out who keeps doing it because they're stealth classes. Why can't we all just keep the OPs 2/2? I just don't understand the whole "let's flip the whole map/ take relics/ delving buffs" when there's PVP to be had. Do freep quests grant more commendations than killing creeps or something?

5. There's not much that can be done about that, since people have different times they have to go to work/school.

6. My only advice is: Let them kill you while you're lagged out, then just lay there and let them load. It will help you load them completely the next time around. And turn off floaty names.

Also, I'm sorry that that freep started picking a fight with you over nothing. He's not exactly a savory person to creeps either. Some of these players can be real jerks, and I recommend ignoring the worst offenders, unless you like cheap entertainment!

Best of luck Sylence, and see you on the battlefield....maybe!

Lady's and gentlemen , the guy who started this topic is someone who hasn't played very long and it's somewhere around a year. He's also the guy who had two accts and pretended to be someone else while talking to himself in a third persons either bragging about the warg(his other secret acct) and how good he is and then switching to his warg and brag about how good the lm(his) was.

spilo thinks everyone should play their game the way he sees it In his eyes and judges others servers based on a small window in which he plays on them.

I say play how you want, do what you want and don't worry about someone giving their opinion of a server for the 5 or 10 minutes they stop by and only see parts of it.

I've seen plenty of this on this server
    1. Solo play
    2. 1v1s nerfed and not nerfed
    3. Small group play from time to time
    4 ganking
    5 gv and grams camping
    6. Rez camping from both sides
    7 zerg on zerg
    8. Pretty good relationships between both sides

Overall this server has a little bit of everything and while it's not perfect (no server is) this server is pretty darn good with decent people on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenFox View Post
    Welcome to Landy! I appreciate your feedback. I find it to be a pretty accurate first impression of Landy, actually.

1. We do currently have an issue with the 1v1 situation. No one really wants to 1v1 "fairly" with each other, except people of certain kinships (who barely even play creep). I used to stand by at 1v1 circles to rez and talk with creep buddies, until these kins started ganging up on everyone outside their friend circle. I personally don't like to 1v1, as I play mostly defiler and half my skills are heals or debuffs, and my dps skills are a bit like gumming a rock to death.

4. I'm not sure exactly why this problem happens, but when it does on creep side, I find that some freeps log their spy reavers in to bump the population up to make it look balanced. I think we all can agree that we hate the OP flipping thing, and I personally can't figure out who keeps doing it because they're stealth classes. Why can't we all just keep the OPs 2/2? I just don't understand the whole "let's flip the whole map/ take relics/ delving buffs" when there's PVP to be had. Do freep quests grant more commendations than killing creeps or something?

On statement number 1, I find that depending on the time of day and which side feels like starting it 1v1s get ganked far too regularly. It may or may not have to do with the location of them or rather people just wanting something other than 1v1s. Everyone has their own things they enjoy and don't enjoy, some people aren't 1v1ers.

And on the second statement here, I find running off and PvEing to be a problem on both sides. Sometimes you do have to PvE to get PvP, I understand that totally. The problem is with auto flips, keeps flipping doesn't actually generate a hey lets go there, thats where the other side is mentality because of the probability of it being an auto flip. I personally, have had some great fights fighting over relics and what not if people show up to try and defend the take. However, when a group wipes and is regrouping/readjusting their strategy, running off into the delving grab buffs or PvE can take the wind out of PvPs sails on either side. I agree that people are stupid about OPs on both sides. I think its done partly to break up 1v1 circles and also partly to break people off from the main fight. The strategy for taking them is there, however, too many people generally show up to retake them to generate small group or solo fights.

As far as solo, small grouping goes. I have had some success small grouping and slightly less success soloing. Generally I'm being attacked by a warg pack or multiple people which in turns can lead to less people being willing to solo etc.
    Amestoplease, Rk
    Ambusher, Warg

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post

1. Solo play
    4 ganking
    5 gv and grams camping
    7 zerg on zerg
    The laziness of your list is impressive. Seriously, could you get any more generic? How long have you played on Landy to come up with such astute observations? Surely it must have took you years and years to compile such a list.

I was fully expecting: 9. There are creeps on this server that kill freeps 10. There are freeps on this server that kill creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Helloe View Post
    it's called the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    Wikipedia gave me this. I think it's pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainatura View Post
    The laziness of your list is impressive. Seriously, could you get any more generic? How long have you played on Landy to come up with such astute observations? Surely it must have took you years and years to compile such a list.

I was fully expecting: 9. There are creeps on this server that kill freeps 10. There are freeps on this server that kill creeps
    It's taken a lot grinding something around 192,720 hours to get a complete feel for this server.

As for being generic , I did it for people like yourself so you didn't have a hard time reading.

Thank you and enjoy your evening.

An odd screenshot to post since:
    A. That LM isn't even from landy, so really its just two transfers talking to eachother. No local color on display.
    B. It's just you making an ### out of yourself. Flipping to give someone a hard time because they killed you is not a conversation you want to post on the forums. Its embarrassing for yourself.

Also, I'm sorry that that freep started picking a fight with you over nothing. He's not exactly a savory person to creeps either. Some of these players can be real jerks, and I recommend ignoring the worst offenders, unless you like cheap entertainment!
    I think you need to look at that screenshot again and reevaluate who initiated the "fight."

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    It's taken a lot grinding something around 192,720 hours to get a complete feel for this server.

As for being generic , I did it for people like yourself so you didn't have a hard time reading.

Thank you and enjoy your evening.
    I appreciate your kindness but in the future I think everyone would benefit from you not being so simple. It would be better for you to get an actual point(s) across, even if it may be tough to understand, rather than just writing down words that offer very little information just so that people you perceive to be less intelligent will understand.

Also, I find it interesting that you think the OP hasnt been on the server long enough to form a valid opinion but you are able to jump to conclusions about my intelligence based off a couple posts. Seems a bit hypocritical to me. You should fit right in on Landy.

Best of luck Sylence, and see you on the battlefield....maybe!
    Thanks for your response, Goldenfox. I think others will benefit from reading your thoughts. That being said, I posted that screenie for humor's sake, as the person I was going back and forth with is an obnoxious Freepside world chat troll that, throughout the day, calls others "poop holes." He's probably some twelve year old kid, and I was just enjoying watching him look silly. Of course, associating with the silly can make you look silly, so I will keep that in mind...

Lady's and gentlemen , the guy who started this topic is someone who hasn't played very long and it's somewhere around a year. He's also the guy who had two accts and pretended to be someone else while talking to himself in a third persons either bragging about the warg(his other secret acct) and how good he is and then switching to his warg and brag about how good the lm(his) was.

spilo thinks everyone should play their game the way he sees it In his eyes and judges others servers based on a small window in which he plays on them.

I say play how you want, do what you want and don't worry about someone giving their opinion of a server for the 5 or 10 minutes they stop by and only see parts of it.

1. Solo play
    4 ganking
    5 gv and grams camping
    7 zerg on zerg

Overall this server has a little bit of everything and while it's not perfect (no server is) this server is pretty darn good with decent people on both sides
    Glad to see that Ames is still willing and able to immediately rage when someone doesn't agree with his opinion, and always remind others of their lack of experience. For someone who has played so long, you are absolutely incapable on every class you play, so your feedback is tainted. That being said, I have maturity, so I don't bring up your shortcomings whenever you say something I don't agree with. I challenge you to do the same. The warg bragging has always, and always will be, a joke, something that you were smart enough to pick up on eventually, but apparently forgot. I never have bragged about my skill on LM, and am more than ready to admit my shortcomings on Warg. It's a game, let's not take it so serious, shall we?

You've always been an advocate of playing how you want, and I respect that. However, how I and many others want to play is not the Landroval way of playing, thus this topic. Again, I'm not here simply to rip Landroval PvP- this server seems to have more consistent group action than any other of the five remaining. It's just not my cup of tea. All you have to do is simply read the title of my post, and base your response off of that. You are not a Soloer, so this entire discussion does not apply to you.

An odd screenshot to post since:
    A. That LM isn't even from landy, so really its just two transfers talking to eachother. No local color on display.
    B. It's just you making an ### out of yourself. Flipping to give someone a hard time because they killed you is not a conversation you want to post on the forums. Its embarrassing for yourself.
    Anytime I make someone like that say the things he did, I count it as humor. Consider the source of who it was, then you may find it more amusing.

If anyone else has soloed/small grouped on Landy and has a similar or differing opinion, then please share it- the more opinions on the topic we have, the better it will be for transfers. Thanks!

You want my opinion? Ok here it is. The amount of time and effort you all put on these boards arguing in circles about these trivial issues is silly. Just a neutral perspective from a non-participant. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Realism View Post
    You want my opinion? Ok here it is. The amount of time and effort you all put on these boards arguing in circles about these trivial issues is silly. Just a neutral perspective from a non-participant. Food for thought.
    Thanks for your input. Question, if you aren't interested in what's happening here, why did you take the time to say anything? I look forward to your response.

I have maturity, so I don't bring up your shortcomings whenever you say something I don't agree with.

For someone who has played so long, you are absolutely incapable on every class you play, so your feedback is tainted.

I have maturity

If anyone else has soloed/small grouped on Landy and has a similar or differing opinion, then please share it- the more opinions on the topic we have, the better it will be for transfers. Thanks!
    I have small grouped on Landy, 4 of us, a captain, mini, RK and champ. We fought around triple-quadruple our numbers (towards the end) and we were still getting hella kills.

Okay I came back cause I say Elmo in here. Now we are only missing Ukrush.
    Can someone make him post in here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast