We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: 6v6 Community

Thumbs up 6v6 Community

Hello Landy,

I am posting here to inform you that a community that was started on brandywine has come to landy and we are looking for people to join so we can get 6v6's underway again. 6v6's we do in this community are done in a way that both sides have a chance of victory but not without a chance of defeat ( we attempt to balance the fights ourselves), however U17 has brought about a decent buff to freepside so the 6v6's about to happen over the next month or so will mostly be a bunch of tests as we try to discover a way of doing 6v6 that gives everyone a really good fight. In the past creeps have generally used one defiler and one WL for healing with 4 dps or 3 dps and one spider if an LM is present. A general rule people agreed to was to not focus the WL too early with oathies and this meant that the WL would usually trait glass cannon heals. Another rule we had agreed to was if there was no LM there could be no spider.

We are currently in the process of developing a new way of doing 6v6 where victory can only be achieved by the amount of kills you get on the opposing side. At the moment we are wanting to test a victory kill count of 5 kills with a time limit of 13 minutes ( creeps can target and kill anything which gives them +1 to their kill count and freeps can target anything but the WL which gives them +1 to their kill count). So the only way to win the fight before the time limit expires would be to get 5 kills total. Once the time limit expires there are no restrictions for freeps and the kill count goes out the window. For example: creeps have 4 kills and freeps have 3. The time limit has just expired and the freeps use oathies on the WL and end up killing everyone except the defiler (for rezes) and the creeps only got 1-2 kills after the time limit expired. This means freeps win. What is most likely to happen as we do tests over the next wee while or once there's enough interest for 6v6 again is that the time limit won't exist and the only way victory is achievable will be the kill count system. The reason for this is if fights drag on and the time limit expires freeps are generally expected to win when the WL is Glass cannon. But this all needs to be tested.

What i have loved about this community is that it can be an epic way of getting consistently decent small group fights that are so even it means everyone participating needs to play well or your side is at a disadvantage. I have also enjoyed the level of coordination that can be involved and learning strategies and counter strategy to get and prevent kills. It has been a great experience for me founding this communtiy as the fights for me personally have been so rewarding.

I am hoping some landy players will take an interest as after we shifted here to landy 6v6 has been nonexistent. I am currently finishing up study (20th nov) so it has been hard to be online at times but hopefully will be available to fight with and against on weekends in the foreseeable future. Our other main creep leader is usually busy all the time but we have others who can step up and lead.

If you are interested in trying out 6v6 please send an in game mail to Shupth (creepside) or Oathies (freepside) and i can look at getting you invited to our facebook page. If you do not have toons on landy but are interested please send me a private message and i can look at giving you more information and answering any questions you may have.

I will post in our community facebook page asking members to come here and post what their experience has been like (the good and the bad) so you have the full picture from different perpectives.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone that wants to give this community a go

Cheers,

Since sigs are down:

Shupth | Trinno | Oathies | Shutt | Shapth - Landroval
    Zinno - Arkenstone
    Shipth - Gladden

10/10 6v6s don't work, this plan won't make them work. It's all bad.

Can't wait to crash these ones too!
    Regardless of whether you win or lose, you'll achieve nothing unless you're prepared to sacrifice everything
    Evilspinnre-R15 weaver. R11 BA. R10 WL. R10 Reaver. R10 Def. R9 Warg. 2 mil renown. Over 6 million infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettenmoors_Emperor View Post
    Can't wait to crash these ones too!
    You can't crash something that isn't going to happen.

Meh......

If want challenge mineaswell just lead PUGs into these freep groups out nowadays with their stacked healers and godmode turned on.
    Don't see the difference in downsizing it to a 6 man full of 50k morale Wadens and Lagmasters.

Landroval: Jimi's Mash / Jimiheals

I look forward to this as I have seen many videos of these things on Brandy and what we are lacking in most players here is a sense of situational awareness (i.e. knowing what's going on around you). Some people might call it a glorified 1v1 arena, but keep in mind the best 1v1 players may not be the best group players because in a 6v6 a lot more coordination is involved. Other people might argue that 6v6s aren't feasible because of freeps being super OP but remember that there are a set of rules set in place for these fights. The rules try to make the fights more even. Again, if you've watched videos you will see that the fights could go either way and depend on the strategies each side utilizes.

Apart from that the only concern that I have is: some people would not be willing to participate because they think this is some super elitist club.

Those 6vs6 are soooooo boring. I would rather watch TV than doing this... and lol Evil in the need of attention it seems.

Many Creeps and Freeps will smash any group they come across. This includes fight club, ppl. doing pve, ppl. playing solo, ppl. who are afk, noobs, taking a nap, fishing, dancing.......etc. So if your 6v6 group is seen there is a good chance it will get stomped on. My suggestion is to have your fights at GG. If your not seen you won't get ran over.

Good luck to you

Badpuppie (actually Nicepuppie)

./Supported.
    and wherever it is, people will still try to zerg it, GG or GTA, same goes to FC ... People will still zerg it no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia View Post
    Apart from that the only concern that I have is: some people would not be willing to participate because they think this is some super elitist club.
    We are not trying to be exclusive or anything we are prepared to give people a try. It's just 6v6 requires a lot from each individual and players who can't learn are probably not going to be wanted in groups. That being said people are welcome to come and have some fights once they start up. My advice to people would be come prepared to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    Meh......

If want challenge mineaswell just lead PUGs into these freep groups out nowadays with their stacked healers and godmode turned on.
    Don't see the difference in downsizing it to a 6 man full of 50k morale Wadens and Lagmasters.
    Leading pugs can be challenging and i've done it for nearly four years but 6v6 is the best form of pvp in this game for me. It beats everything else imo. Once we get it working well it should be good times

Quote Originally Posted by Belladawna View Post
    Many Creeps and Freeps will smash any group they come across. This includes fight club, ppl. doing pve, ppl. playing solo, ppl. who are afk, noobs, taking a nap, fishing, dancing.......etc. So if your 6v6 group is seen there is a good chance it will get stomped on. My suggestion is to have your fights at GG. If your not seen you won't get ran over.

Good luck to you

Badpuppie (actually Nicepuppie)
    Thanks for the advice but we are not completely clueless.

Hey, I was only trying to help. Since you are "not completely clueless" then I guess you don't need any warnings or suggestions. Let the zerging begin.

I liked Korn better when they were black.

I had some black candy korn once , it was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladawna View Post
    Hey, I was only trying to help. Since you are "not completely clueless" then I guess you don't need any warnings or suggestions. Let the zerging begin.
    Mount Doom zerging freeps in a nutshell... you're gonna have a hard time.

I would bring a joke about wardens, but the class itself is already a joke.