We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

#FriendshipFrance

I apologize for not being able to write in French here.
    (google-translation: Je suis désolé de ne pas être capable d’écrire en français ici.)

Hello everyone,

after the attacks in Paris on Nov. 13th a few players had the idea to organize a gathering of the Free People of Lotro on the French Sirannon server to demonstrate our friendship to the french players.
    The idea is an open stage event after a 30 minutes intro gig by Notenzauber who have toons available on Sirannon. All you need to attend is a level 6 character that made it through the intro. The event itself will be held at the Bree stage in front of the Prancing Pony to keep things simple for everyone.

If you want to come we will have a special chat channel ready. Please /joinchannel friendship for more english language players on Sirannon.

More info as we have it.

Sorry Glenwin, I think for FR and DE servers the servertime = CET (FR). So you should change the word "servertime" to "Estern Standard Time (US)".

But nice Idea. I think, I 'll be there. Will start a new char tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagridli View Post
    Sorry Glenwin, I think for FR and DE servers the servertime = CET (FR). So you should change the word "servertime" to "Estern Standard Time (US)".

But nice Idea. I think, I 'll be there. Will start a new char tomorrow.

All servers are currently in the same timezone, I double-checked that just now.

You can verify this by entering the commands /time and /servertime on Sirannon or any other server you're on.

You will see the time difference of 6 hours from /servertime to local time if you are in France or in Germany.

If you live in the US and want to visit use the same commands to see what the difference of /servertime to your local time is and calculate your local time from the given time when the event starts: 3pm /servertime

If you live in US eastern the difference is 0hr because you are in the same timezone as the lotro servers are. The event starts at 3pm for you.
    If you live in US pacific the difference is -3hrs so the event starts at noon for you.
    If you live in France or Germany the event starts at 21:00 for you. (3pm = 15:00 + 6:00 = 21:00)

You are right, sorry. I wrote that during downtime, so I couldn't check that. But last time I used the /servertime command (months ago) it was on CET, so this is new for me.

A thank you to the #lotro music community

A thank you to the #lotro music community

What an amazing event this was! We had 13 bands playing and all performances were just wonderful. Many poured a lot of their heart into their lyrics and I can say that it overwhelmed people more than once. Over the whole event I was in the Notenzauber teamspeak and all there were amazed at what was happening and some broke out in tears at times. But as Gandalf said: I will not say don't weep for not all tears are evil. The tears that were cried yesterday were tears of joy and happyness about unexpected affection. And when the Megaband came together even I got wet eyes even though I saw all of it as "just a display of friendship". I think from this perspective -friendship- this event was a full on success.

Thank you everyone who came. A special thank you to everyone who performed. And a super special thank you to everyone who helped organizing the event, first and foremost Zedrock, Louella and Palantorio. And a thank you to Dallofin for putting the Megaband together for the "Imagine" performance which was really great. All the friends playing together in one big band.

You all amazed me. Out of the simple idea of a get-together was born a great display of what, who and how we are. And it fills me with great joy and pride to be a part of such a community. This is what my idea of living a life is.

Flo

Middle Earth at its very best in response to the challenges of Real Earth. We are a community that extends past the keyboard, and I think we demonstrated that yesterday. If Mordor threatens one, it threatens all. . .we will not abandon our fellows in their times of trouble. I was proud to take part in the rally. Skarn salutes Paris and all the Free Peoples of Real Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    Middle Earth at its very best in response to the challenges of Real Earth. We are a community that extends past the keyboard, and I think we demonstrated that yesterday. If Mordor threatens one, it threatens all. . .we will not abandon our fellows in their times of trouble. I was proud to take part in the rally. Skarn salutes Paris and all the Free Peoples of Real Earth.
    I am proud to show my support to France & I am so glad I gathered my friends Halgoreth & Pelind to attend the Memorial service last week, where we performed on stage. Halgoreth did exceptional work on the lyrics for the 2 Skarn songs at the FriendshipFrance Concert this week. I would also like to thank Louella for providing us with dyes for our costumes. Zedrock for organizing us all.

Zarenwen