We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Floyyd and Vessi's Excellent Adventure

How do these things begin? Well, on Landroval, they usually begin with Floyyd
    We on Landy know Floyyd quite well. After all, he is Frog King and Lord of the Croaking Host, High Hoarder of Pies, Awesome Ale-Quaffer, Terrifying Tater Beater, and about 10 other things I've probably forgotten. But I'll let Floyyd tell you about that.
    Anyway, there I was, Sprigga the Fierce, high above Middle Earth on top of Nar's Peak, all alone but standing right next to a mustering horn! And I thought "I bet a LOT of people would love to come up here right now and check this place out". There are at least three good reasons to come up here: 1) the view! 2) there is a dwarf thingy up here that you click on for part of a deed where you go all around Middle Earth looking for dwarf thingies (sorry for spoiler alert); and 3) There is a cracking great library up here with more books than I thought existed in Middle Earth. You could easily spend the next 100 years up here organizing, arranging and rearranging all these books, not to mention looking at all the letters in the books, and pictures too! Which is what Nar, after whom Nar's Peak is named, has been doing inside the Library for a very long time, which is why he is quite mad. The mad dwarf Nar. That's what everybody calls him.
    Anyway, I announced in World Chat that anyone who wanted to come up should send me a tell and I would summon them on the mustering horn. Guess who was first one to say "Me!" That's right, Floyyd hisself. And then Vessi right after because Vessi can't let Floyyd go anywhere interesting or do anything different unless she can go and do it too!

So up they came and then the mischief started, as well I am sure you can imagine with two mischievous and somewhat, shall I say, naughty hobbits, at least when they get together. Jumping all around on the rocks at the edge of the mountain was only the beginning, and then - wouldn't you know it! -- Vessi fell off. And told me, "Floyyd pushed me!!" It did appear at first he might have pushed her, but upon careful investigation I determined that Floyyd had been nowhere near Vessi when she fell. But it took about half an hour to get that sorted.

Then Floyyd went down the mountain and started taunting the Giants! And Vessi went fishing and caught 2 Dirty Skulls and 1 Rusty Knife, which she offered to cook for Floyyd but he declined. Now these shenanigans were beginning to catch the attention of others in World Chat, so in a little bit a couple of Kinmates of mine by name of Tuz (the one standing on his head, don't worry, he does that all the time) and Tiepolo (yes, the Italian Renaissance painter!) joined us, along with a gorgeous Elf minstrel by the name of Celetathar, who has lovely ears and a gorgeous harp!

Cele has a music group, and we tried to get them all up the mountain, but sadly, they were level-blocked. *Sob! But Cele played a lovely tune on his harp and we danced, and finally, exhausted but happy, the hobbits and Tiepolo and I sat down to watch night fall over Middle Earth at the top of Nar's Mountain. And that is the story of Floyyd and Vessi's Excellent Adventure

Thanks to all who joined me up there and made a day that will be fondly remembered when I get wrinkled and drooly and all I can do is sit in my Mossy Wicker Chair in my wildflower-strewn meadow at 1 Harrow Road, Moredown, Shire Homesteads (y'all come on by, feel free to take a peak inside) in about 476 years and dream of times past. I am, after all, an Elf.

10/10 would read again