We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A better heal

A better heal

To the devs I ask, why have you been so averse to giving hunters some form of defense over the years? Press onward is a joke of course.
    The class could use atleast *some* healing potential. Its been underpowered for years. Give the class some love.

The "you just dont know how to play the class" rhetoric is old, so leave something constructive below instead, if anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
    To the devs I ask, why have you been so averse to giving hunters some form of defense over the years? Press onward is a joke of course.
    The class could use atleast *some* healing potential. Its been underpowered for years. Give the class some love.

The "you just dont know how to play the class" rhetoric is old, so leave something constructive below instead, if anything at all.
    Hunters aren't that badly off - I have no problems surviving solo 3-mans even in a setup which appears squishy (20k morale, 62k mastery) - but:

I note that the daze from Cry of the Hunter is now applied at the start of the skill, even though the bubble happens only at the end.

So:
    I'd like to bring back some sort of HOT a la Agile Rejoinder or Fight On, scaling off level with approx a 1min cooldown and healing ~15-20% of morale total.
    I'd like Press Onward to be scaled with level and usable on the move but would be against removing its induction; RK self-motivation should not be used as a model, as it's monstrously over-powered (and yes, I have a 100 RK too). Maybe traiting max in PO allows healing on the move and halves the induction?
    I'd like the heal of Endurance QS to be increased slightly.
    For blue hunters, how about Bow of the Righteous healing morale as well as power?

My champ has two worthless heals and i'm not crying about it. In fact I love pulling 10 enemies and trying to kill them with superior dps, before they can kill me.

If you want to heal, run another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    My champ has two worthless heals and i'm not crying about it. In fact I love pulling 10 enemies and trying to kill them with superior dps, before they can kill me.

I'm awfully sorry but the classes currently do not compare. Not that I'm crying either! Still. Your '10 enemies' indicate that you may not have the experience with hunters enough to comment on good or bad or enough heals.

What could be done is pop piercing trap with its tiny hot into the first tier of yellow, that way any build can dip into that. This is mainly because I'd like to have it in blue, if red was running with piercing trap easily available it would be too op. More op than it already is. Perhaps a self-heal functionality can be applied via the separate trait trees instead? Like all the too overpowered quick-shot bias might have some similar effect for yellow traps and blue skills when running that trait tree.

Hunter hardly require more heal in red, but I might be missing something.

So far I have not felt needing more heals for soloing at PvE side. Against harder/multiple opponents I have felt yellow line CC is usually enough, and for trivial (landscape) content blue line seems usually do the job.

Yellow line. Endurance stance. At level 100, Improved Quickshot has a 30% chance to heal +233 - 298. With a 1 second induction, you can unload them into a trapped foe that can't stop you doing it. Catch them in a Piercing Trap/Tripwire combo before you heal yourself with quick shot and it adds 48-64 more. In Blue or Red line, you get the same from Quick Shot while endurance is active but your traps are not as versatile. Endurance also adds +1212 parry and evade. I find Blue to be the best for healing in a reverse way - if they can't catch me, they can't hit me often and I don't need healed. Others will say the same of Red - if they are dead before they get to me, they can't hurt me either.

Not being hit at all is your best protection. Yellow traps, Blue kiting, and Red damage (I don't see it but to each their own) should give your foe little time to work you over.

It is rather other classes which are a lot too OP about healing (since HD).
    Healing classes in group break any challenge, self-healing of Wardens (or Guardians) are insane.

Another hunter crying because he wants the same godmode most classes have instead of trying to do his best with the class.
    Classic hunter defeatist attitude, next please.

If you think a class with 0 heals (no press onward doesn't count) is balanced, you're an idiot, and haven't played other mmos.

There'd be nothing wrong with a small hot. No one's saying it would be god mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post
    Hunters aren't that badly off - I have no problems surviving solo 3-mans even in a setup which appears squishy (20k morale, 62k mastery) - but:

I note that the daze from Cry of the Hunter is now applied at the start of the skill, even though the bubble happens only at the end.

So:
    I'd like to bring back some sort of HOT a la Agile Rejoinder or Fight On, scaling off level with approx a 1min cooldown and healing ~15-20% of morale total.
    I'd like Press Onward to be scaled with level and usable on the move but would be against removing its induction; RK self-motivation should not be used as a model, as it's monstrously over-powered (and yes, I have a 100 RK too). Maybe traiting max in PO allows healing on the move and halves the induction?
    I'd like the heal of Endurance QS to be increased slightly.
    For blue hunters, how about Bow of the Righteous healing morale as well as power?
    I agree with all of that and thanks for agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    Another hunter crying because he wants the same godmode most classes have instead of trying to do his best with the class.
    You remind me of the sort of intellect you'd find from college freshmen. No where did I even imply I want the class to be godmode, in fact in my wording you can see that I suggested a minor heal. No where do you have evidence that I've given up on the class, nor do you even know my skill with the class.

That's called a strawman argument. You embarrass yourself when you post, don't do it anymore.

You remind me of the sort of intellect you'd find from college freshmen. No where did I even imply I want the class to be godmode, in fact in my wording you can see that I suggested a minor heal. No where do you have evidence that I've given up on the class, nor do you even know my skill with the class.
    There's almost always something nasty around the corner when that user is around, don't worry I think it's more often something lost in translation than real spite (just as with me!). Probably not a bad person hiding behind the name after all.

In one way, I like the argument.

I always did feel classes need a rebalance past three years and that currently hunters, cappies and burglars feel like real classes instead of godmode. It's the soloability of major instances, it just has to go.
    Instead we argue about our fav class and try to find ways to make things smoother but in reality it's some of the other classes that no longer fit in with the rest of the game.

I assume then you play godmode and are crying because he wants in on what you have. Classic faceroll on the keyboard class self-important attitude, next please.

That's called a strawman argument. You embarrass yourself when you post, don't do it anymore.
    Problem are the other classes, they should be nerfed and not hunter be buffed.

Its been underpowered for years.
    Then this...hunter is the only somewhat balanced class(in pvp too provided people are good at it), again no need for heals but everything else should lose massive heals in dps lines etc.
    It's tiring reading hunters on all forums asking for buffs to be on par with all godmode classes when best solution is the opposite, problems are the rks healing in dps line 30% every 15s on the move, bears with a huge hot on the move, endless guard heals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BattyKoda0 View Post
    I assume then you play godmode and are crying because he wants in on what you have. Classic faceroll on the keyboard class self-important attitude, next please.
    I only play hunter anymore and i'm happy with the state of the class, it's exactly what it should be.
    If you trait dps you dps and don't have endless survival, i don't like the godmode a lot of classes have.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    If you think a class with 0 heals (no press onward doesn't count) is balanced, you're an idiot, and haven't played other mmos.

There'd be nothing wrong with a small hot. No one's saying it would be god mode.
    So every class has to have heals to be balanced? who is telling bull#### here?
    On the other hand: hunters have heals. three. press onward (yes, it is a heal), the trap, which heals you if you shoot at the trapped enemy and quickshot.
    yes, all those heals exist. and yes, to use them, you have to reduce your damage. but thats the point. hunter is a ranged dps class. it does not need to have heals.
    and hunters have a bubble.
    and lots of slows.
    and stun.
    and root.
    why need heals?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Even 2 bubbles with the DA set (which is triggered very often)

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    So every class has to have heals to be balanced? who is telling bull#### here?
    On the other hand: hunters have heals. three. press onward (yes, it is a heal), the trap, which heals you if you shoot at the trapped enemy and quickshot.
    yes, all those heals exist. and yes, to use them, you have to reduce your damage. but thats the point. hunter is a ranged dps class. it does not need to have heals.
    and lots of slows.
    and stun.
    and root.
    why need heals?
    Every heal you named is a joke and has been horribly scaled. You seem to think I'm suggesting this class should be infinitely sustainable like a warden or a bear. I actually just want a heal that is worth using. Nothing the hunter has is atm.

Go to the moors then tell me a hunter doesn't need a better heal. Then show me the video of you farming blue ranks as if that's proof enough.

I honestly don't see a problem with Press Onward. Few induction time to execute a 3k heal (with the must-have legacy) and you'll see a 30sec CD. By far, I say hunter is the most balanced class in the game. You don't have to rely on CDs like other classes. It challenges the player, might as well make hunter an advance class instead of saying it's a basic class. Heck, hunter has a vast of outplay potential, I am still able to 1v3 those elephants things in MT. And in the moors, you can really change the fight around with a well timed Bard Arrow.

Also, before any newbie comes over and twist my words, when I started this game, first class I chose was hunter, and I still, only play hunter throughout these years.

If you think hunter is hard and need help, if you are on Gladden, please come and send a letter or tell to Ordirad, I'm currently helping 4 hunters with finding their build and helping them get essences and giving tips. Hunters must stick together of course ;D

instant cast press onward and the class is pretty much solid at least in PvP terms based on how I used to play (blue line).

getting real tired of the parrot argument " the hunter is underpowered --- no. it's the others who are overpowered". isn't that the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    Every heal you named is a joke and has been horribly scaled. You seem to think I'm suggesting this class should be infinitely sustainable like a warden or a bear. I actually just want a heal that is worth using. Nothing the hunter has is atm.

Go to the moors then tell me a hunter doesn't need a better heal. Then show me the video of you farming blue ranks as if that's proof enough.
    the big problem in moors is, that no one dies, because everyone has heals. why should one make the problem even bigger by having even more heals?
    the game is not made for solo. but yes, if you want to solo in the moors, i can see, why you need a heal. dont do it and everything is fine
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

it's amazing that dedicated creeps monitor this forum to troll legit requests that hunters get buffed

must because hunter is dead meat for most creeps solo and they want to keep it that way

thank you troll creeps I'll enjoy blowing you to bits in full fraids because you cry like little baby orcs at the mere suggestion of a hunter buff

Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    it's amazing that dedicated creeps monitor this forum to troll legit requests that hunters get buffed

must because hunter is dead meat for most creeps solo and they want to keep it that way

thank you troll creeps I'll enjoy blowing you to bits in full fraids because you cry like little baby orcs at the mere suggestion of a hunter buff
    I creep, and I wouldn't have problem with buffs. just gotta get rid of some other broken things. you guys know the class better than I do, you know what they are. This applies to every class ofc.

I like my hunter the way he is thanks, and I actually play him like a Hunter, not a tank or a healer as some hunters seem to think they should be.

Yes we're squishy compared to other classes, but that's because other classes are unbalanced, not because we're broken.

Yes we die ALOT in the moors, we are actively targeted by creeps because they know that of all the classes we are the most likely they are going to get a kill off.
    Try getting a hunter to 30k+ morale - what my 2 other med classes have (Ward and Bear, and they both have strong self heals), and still have enough mastery to do any damage, not possible. (don't even get me started on creeps morale pools atm).

If you're a solo hunter in the moors you have to think like a warg, be sneaky. Use range, stealth, roots/stuns, hit and run, and all the other tools at your disposal and you'll be fine.
    Try to go toe to toe and you're screwed, you have med armour, a fairly low morale pool, and few heals (what you have are fine if used correctly as others have mentioned in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post

'Crying' is one of the most pointlessly obnoxious descriptions of someone else's reasonable comments. I always think it's a pretty good sign that the rest of the poster's post is worthless.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast