We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: A better heal

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Well, you're utterly wrong. It wasn't even worth the animation over any other actually useful skill, and was a waste of a legacy.
    You're joking... right? I mean, there were literally no more than four legacies on a main hand weapon a hunter could use back then (for PvP), and that included AR healing. The heal would crit for ~500, and with four ticks + the initial heal that would average around 1.5k per use, I would say. That could actually be pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Well, you're utterly wrong. It wasn't even worth the animation over any other actually useful skill, and was a waste of a legacy.
    Are you serious? Evidently you're just talking from a 3rd person standpoint, you have clearly never even used the skill.

1st off, it's a "fast" and it functions as such.

2nd, it's got a very minimal animation, barely more than an auto attack.

3rd, it easily chained with fast skills so it basically did nothing to screw up a rotation.

4th, it even hit okay, it was the only melee skill that didn't do ballz damage.

Again, you clearly don't and never have played Hunter, why are you here? Do you struggle that much to kill Hunters right now that the thought of them getting a heal - which if you did play Hunter, you would be more than welcome not to use, yourself - will ruin or significantly affect your gameplay? Does the thought of a Hunter being able to do with 5-6 skill-presses & a melee gated parry response skill, what any creep can do with 1 button (morale pot) scare you that much?

In a 1v1 (gta or roaming) AR was not worth using, as a hunter you could kill any creep (that could also kill you) before you ran out of focus, why waste time with a heal you don't need to use? In a group it was worthless too, the only time it had a real use was when you were solo fighting outnumbered or if you were bad and couldn't kill creeps fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    How can you be a tryhard at a game you don't even play?

It's extremely amusing to watch the people who like to think of themselves as "good hunters" advocate against buffing the class, just so that they appear as l33t hunters.
    There was no specification about being a "lotro" exclusive tryhard, though you still are, even if you don't play the game anymore (at all), you still post on the forums in a manner that would make lesser posters think you are/were good.

It's not even about that (though I can see from the way you like to wrongfully portray yourself, how you would conclude that), it's about the hunter class being perfectly capable of dealing with the things that is being claimed they can't. It's about the hunter class being fine (minus a couple tweaks) in the moors from both a grouping and solo standpoint. Anyone who can't see this is a terrible hunter, because the class has all the tools it needs to be competitive, if the player does not make use of those tools, that is their issue, not the classes.
    Last edited by Thaelon; Dec 19 2015 at 07:20 PM.

Topics Merc set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Because it not only adds far more dps to the hunter than the merc set, but it also adds far more (desirable) stats than the merc set. If you use the merc set currently, I'm almost willing to bet that it plays a massive part in why you think the class needs buffs.
    You're wrong because I say so: because my Hunters career is based around killing healers alone since HD. What about you?
    My practical experience + theory has defeated Thaelon and Desolates theory without evidence.

I know you'll spew out words like alphabet soup and think its a genuine point that cannot be rebutted, but my point cannot be refuted by forum trolls or back seat drivers.

Edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOOGZ00U7U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jV2C275Wo
    2nd was made for entertainment but still had 3 examples: DG door, AE OP, PTR with 4 red OPs mid fight.

These are only some examples that I got on video. I ranked to 12.5 killing healers since HD.
    Last edited by Ensnared; Dec 19 2015 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
    Topics Merc set.

You're wrong because I say so: because my Hunters career is based around killing healers alone since HD. What about you?
    My practical experience + theory has defeated Thaelon and Desolates theory without evidence.

I know you'll spew out words like alphabet soup and think its a genuine point that cannot be rebutted, but my point cannot be refuted by forum trolls or back seat drivers.
    You can't beat maths, if you can count, you can see that the HS set is better.

You can't beat maths, if you can count, you can see that the HS set is better.
    lmfao your maths doesnt exist!
    Whats the maths on 18 seconds debuff verses 8?

Lmfao people without any experience bark the loudest, no wonder Lotro is Fubr!

These people are only good for one thing: l0l0l0ll0l0l0l0l

if you are very lucky and get proccs every some seconds, you get heartseeker every some seconds and will have 100% uptime AND high damage.
    that is, when HS-set is by far better than anything else :P
    it does not matter, how long a debuff lasts, if it is available again before it runs out

just this little problem with having to be lucky to get proccs always :P
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    if you are very lucky and get proccs every some seconds, you get heartseeker every some seconds and will have 100% uptime AND high damage.
    that is, when HS-set is by far better than anything else :P
    it does not matter, how long a debuff lasts, if it is available again before it runs out

just this little problem with having to be lucky to get proccs always :P
    We're talking about inexperienced forum trolls thinking Merc set is/was useless compared to players that have had great success.
    Obviously the current Bob the builder heartseeker method is good but that isnt the point: its about the constant moronic statements made by players who dont even play a hunter!

lmfao your maths doesnt exist!
    Whats the maths on 18 seconds debuff verses 8?
    It has already been roughly stated, you can easily have 100% uptime on HS, which also involves a HS at least every 8s. Now anyone that knows the hunter call well enough can easily see that a HS every 8s will do more dps than a merc every 10s, add this to the fact that the HS set gives better stats than the merc set and even Equinoxx could do the easy math on this matter and come to the conclusion that the HS set is better.
    Lmfao people without any experience bark the loudest, no wonder Lotro is Fubr!

These people are only good for one thing: l0l0l0ll0l0l0l0l
    Right, because you know how much (if any) experience I have with the hunter class, right? I mean you wouldn't be simply grasping for something to make me look bad in order to strengthen your own idiotic point, would you?
    We're talking about inexperienced forum trolls thinking Merc set is/was useless compared to players that have had great success.
    Obviously the current Bob the builder heartseeker method is good but that isnt the point: its about the constant moronic statements made by players who dont even play a hunter!
    If I use the DN armour on my burg, go to the moors and kill greenies or complete trash, does that mean that the DN set is better than the current aud essence gear? Does that mean that if someone tells me that I am wrong, I simply state "lol forum troll, I am good at the burg class and I have had great success with the DN set on, hence, I am right. lolololololololololol"?

Like what statement(s)?

If I use the DN armour on my burg, go to the moors and kill greenies or complete trash, does that mean that the DN set is better than the current aud essence gear? Does that mean that if someone tells me that I am wrong, I simply state "lol forum troll, I am good at the burg class and I have had great success with the DN set on, hence, I am right. lolololololololololol"? Like what statement(s)?
    You goto great lengths displaying your opinion without evidence, reference or any shred practical experience. Then make blanket statements about all Hunters as if you've ever provided proof you've played one or displayed your achievements. Therefore your words no more then a cheap laugh at best. Backseat drivers never do anything but are good at one thing: talking. You are doing a fine job, keep it up!

You goto great lengths displaying your opinion without evidence, reference or any shred practical experience. Then make blanket statements about all Hunters as if you've ever provided proof you've played one or displayed your achievements. Therefore your words no more then a cheap laugh at best. Backseat drivers never do anything but are good at one thing: talking. You are doing a fine job, keep it up!
    I actually laughed when I read this, you really are grasping aren't you? Do you always get like this when you are wrong? Or only when you are trying to defend the fail merc set?

Bads gonna bad.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

I actually laughed when I read this, you really are grasping aren't you? Do you always get like this when you are wrong? Or only when you are trying to defend the fail merc set?
    Still talking smack from the backseat. I dont grasp at straws when you have nothing creditable to offer.

Still talking smack from the backseat. I dont grasp at straws when you have nothing creditable to offer.
    The irony in this statement is amusing.

You have no idea how much experience I have, so continuing this "backseat" thing is just embarrassing for you. You also are yet to provide any real evidence that supports the merc set being being better than worthless (or the HS set) other than "lol I said it is so it is".

In a 1v1 (gta or roaming) AR was not worth using, as a hunter you could kill any creep (that could also kill you) before you ran out of focus, why waste time with a heal you don't need to use? In a group it was worthless too, the only time it had a real use was when you were solo fighting outnumbered or if you were bad and couldn't kill creeps fast enough.
    Yeah... if you crit on every single skill, with your full PvE set equipped. Stop talking nonsense already.

make lesser posters think you are/were good.
    Because I am, and at least people have seen me back it up. If you want to get into that again, do it in pm's... Wouldn't want to derail this oh so wonderful thread.

The irony in this statement is amusing.

You have no idea how much experience I have, so continuing this "backseat" thing is just embarrassing for you. You also are yet to provide any real evidence that supports the merc set being being better than worthless (or the HS set) other than "lol I said it is so it is".
    All you ever do is talk ####, period.
    You never provide relative data or references to your-own experience in detail, but claim (as above) you have in depth knowledge that noone knows.
    Anonymous smack talk of the 21th CE, what else is new.

I rebutted your statement that: Merc set is worthless - by providing video evidence. Your rebuttal and opinion are empty words, nothing more - and that is my point.

Yeah... if you crit on every single skill, with your full PvE set equipped. Stop talking nonsense already.
    If you crit on every single skill, with your full PvE set equipped, you would do enough damage to kill a creep twice before you ran out of focus. This does not help you.
    Because I am, and at least people have seen me back it up. If you want to get into that again, do it in pm's... Wouldn't want to derail this oh so wonderful thread.
    You aren't, but feel free to send me a pm with some examples of these people, try to come up with people who aren't your friends or don't think you are good simply because you disagreed with the same person they did.
    Edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOOGZ00U7U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46jV2C275Wo
    2nd was made for entertainment but still had 3 examples: DG door, AE OP, PTR with 4 red OPs mid fight.

These are only some examples that I got on video. I ranked to 12.5 killing healers since HD.
    So your examples are a backpedaling defiler (who had a crit D debuff, but meh, it's not that much of a difference), a defiler with one hot on himself, and a defiler who literally didn't heal himself until he got to below 40% health (he used the worst hot he has, and then didn't apply another heal to himself until about 5% morale)? Seems legit. I know 100% believe that you are good, I'm even so convinced that I will ignore the mistakes in the videos you linked.

Correction, you apparently ranked to 12.5 killing *terrible* healers since HD.
    All you ever do is talk ####, period.
    You never provide relative data or references to your-own experience in detail, but claim (as above) you have in depth knowledge that noone knows.
    Anonymous smack talk of the 21th CE, what else is new.

I rebutted your statement that: Merc set is worthless - by providing video evidence. Your rebuttal and opinion are empty words, nothing more - and that is my point.
    As proven by......? The people who usually claim such a thing are the ones being embarrassed by me, the ones who I am calling out for being terrible because they are crying about something that shouldn't be effective a good player.

I explained something else in a similar fashion and the same logic applies here, if I need to show you the data and have refrences for the merc set being worthless, it is pointless to even provide you with those things. If you are so bad that you can't see it already, then I really don't think you ever will.

Video evidence of defilers who I'm sure are best of their classes on the server(s) you recorded these on right? I mean they have to be, they are so majestic, so highly skilled, I only wish I could be as good as those healers. You claim they are empty words because you won't accept them, not because they really are. You want to be different so badly, that no matter who tries to explain, or how well they explain, you will never admit that the merc set is worthless because it is one of your "claims to skill". You pretend that wearing the merc set makes you good because other hunters wear the HS set, when in reality it really doesn't change your skill level at all, only your combat effectiveness.

you disagreed with the same person they did.
    Lmfao the butthurt is strong.

Lmfao the butthurt is strong.
    You do realise that if anyone would get butthurt over that, it would be the person who thought that other people (that weren't their friends) thought they were good, only to find out that wasn't the case, right?

I invite any of you who've engaged in the always pointless act of arguing with Thaelon to examine his history on these forums. If you do you'll discover that the self proclaimed distinguished champion of reason and logic, who has said multiple times that no one can outwit him on these forums, a statement in itself that makes him the most overt narcissist you might ever come across (among other equally overt statements he's made, like the perpetual assertion that he is at the same time the best player this game has ever seen), refuses to procure any proof or evidence of any of the ridiculous positions that he maintains, and ironically demands proof from the very people he is arguing against, behavior that on the contrary I believe makes you the champion of hypocrisy and logical fallacy.

Why you continue to embarrass yourself at every turn by asserting things without having an even sophomoric authority on the subject, such as the hunter class, is not so much a mystery as it is evidence that your presence on these forums is only contrarian, as you yourself have said that you delight in engaging in arguments with others and take a sadistic pleasure in "winning arguments" despite having more holes in every argument you make than a wheel of swiss.

One might ask for Thaelon to prove that a hunter can blow up a BA and a spider or any class for that matter in 10-15 seconds, but you would never get any such proof. Apparently in the lotro he plays, Moving target and reflect don't exist, nor do morale pots or uruk heal or burrow. That's the swiss cheese I'm talking about.
    Last edited by 007Squanto; Dec 20 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 007Squanto View Post
    I invite any of you who've engaged in the always pointless act of arguing with Thaelon to examine his history on these forums. If you do you'll discover that the self proclaimed distinguished champion of reason and logic, who has said multiple times that no one can outwit him on these forums, a statement in itself that makes him the most overt narcissist you might ever come across (among other equally overt statements he's made, like the perpetual assertion that he is at the same time the best player this game has ever seen), refuses to procure any proof or evidence of any of the ridiculous positions that he maintains, and ironically demands proof from the very people he is arguing against, behavior that on the contrary I believe makes you the champion of hypocrisy and logical fallacy.

Why you continue to embarrass yourself at every turn by asserting things without having an even sophomoric authority on the subject, such as the hunter class, is not so much a mystery as it is evidence that your presence on these forums is only contrarian, as you yourself have said that you delight in engaging in arguments with others and take a sadistic pleasure in "winning arguments" despite having more holes in every argument you make than a wheel of swiss.

One might ask for Thaelon to prove that a hunter can blow up a BA and a spider or any class for that matter in 10-15 seconds, but you would never get any such proof. Apparently in the lotro he plays, Moving target and reflect don't exist, nor do morale pots or uruk heal or burrow. That's the swiss cheese I'm talking about.
    Yep that pretty much says it all.

That was pretty dead on.

Can't argue with any of this.

And thus the cheese has been served.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast