We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry I'm an "older" player and really don't like the crowded servers

Which servers are the least crowded? I live on the west coast of the USA.

I'm tired of people farming ore in the same place I'm in and are rude enough to run past you to get the ore.
    Same is true on slayer deeds or other situations where you're trying to just get along the way.

Is there a place to play that is not so crowded??? Yet has friendly people.

You can have characters on all the servers, so just try them all and see which one makes you most happy at the time of day you play.

Likely the European ones would be the least crowded at late primetime US times, especially during the week, but you can't transfer toons between North America and European servers, so consider that as well.

(PS: You might also consider turning off world chat sometimes lol)

Hi there,

I also am a West Coast player. I've been on Landroval several years and find it to be good, both in terms of people are a lack of competition if you will. However, with all the server moves going on, the whole makeup is changing so this is not an easy question to answer at the moment. Meneldor was almost too dead for me on West Coast hours, and I spent 6 years there before moving my characters between Landroval (to join my secondary server characters) and Arkenstone, so that's my baseline of comparison to Landroval. I unfortunately don't have enough of a feel of Arkenstone yet to be sure, but it has definitely not been quiet.

In another week or so after the dust settles from the last of the initial US server moves, it may be easier to follow up on this question.

Good gaming!
    Ethuilel Swiftbow - Officer, Bree's Company, Landroval
    Avorthiel - Officer, Bree's Company, Landroval
    Wordgifted Aladylorea - Officer, Exiles of Numenor, Landroval
    Laeraen - Leader, Children of Creativity, Arkenstone
    among many others...

I'm an older player too. You don't specify which server you are playing on but it sounds like Brandywine. I play on that server as well but took advantage of the free move between surviving worlds to transfer my main character to Landroval. It made such a difference and it's a nicer less crowded server for now but with all this migration at the moment the server conditions changes from day to day. If I had to choose I would say move to Landroval. The player base is older and so far no one has been rude to me there. If you like music someone is always playing something there. I wish I could move all my alts to Landy but I don't want to lose my nice houses on Brandywine and sometimes it's fun to see how other servers are. Hope this helps. Happy holidays!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by John0745 View Post

I'm tired of people farming ore in the same place I'm in and are rude enough to run past you to get the ore.
    Same is true on slayer deeds or other situations where you're trying to just get along the way.

I am also a very old player so i know what you mean. I also like a peaceful place that isn't too crowded. When i was scouting the servers to transfer i found that Gladden seems to be the less crowded server on USA side, the lowest on troll & the lowest on drama. Yes! Even lower drama than the RP servers that will give you a hard time if you play different than what they have schedule, your inoffensive name is not of their like or you dare to mutter any word that isn't english. Keep that in mind & check on your own to make a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Even lower drama than the RP servers that will give you a hard time if you play different than what they have schedule, your inoffensive name is not of their like or you dare to mutter any word that isn't english. Keep that in mind & check on your own to make a good decision.
    have you rolled a char and spent some time on rp servers to say this? Because if you go by hearsay, this is a bunch of BS

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I am also a very old player so i know what you mean. I also like a peaceful place that isn't too crowded. When i was scouting the servers to transfer i found that Gladden seems to be the less crowded server on USA side, the lowest on troll & the lowest on drama. Yes! Even lower drama than the RP servers that will give you a hard time if you play different than what they have schedule, your inoffensive name is not of their like or you dare to mutter any word that isn't english. Keep that in mind & check on your own to make a good decision.
    At the very least, you may be confusing an RP server with an "RP Encouraged" server (Landroval).

There's no call for complaining about names or different playing styles on Landroval because there is no legitimate cause to require roleplaying. Landroval is simply a place where American roleplayers said, "We'll meet there."

I've been on Landroval for eight years. Now, I play with world-chat and OOC channels off - so I don't know what's going on in those areas. But, I haven't missed them. And I am not often running into competitors for ores and such where I am harvesting. Heck, half of the Landroval server population is off at a concert somewhere or roleplaying some adventure or trying to deliver chickens to the poor hungry soldiers besieged at Minis Turith to be of much of a bother to anybody.

I play on Arkenstone and Landroval and find both are really nice (also an older player - not middle-aged, as I don't know anyone 126). Not too much competition (I've managed to snag enough ore for 6 of my prospectors max'd in Anorien prospecting on Arkenstone). I've not ever gotten grief on Landy on my characters. So if you play on U.S. servers, I'd recommend either.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

The mmo genre is competitive and that's OK. If I'm on a slayer and I see other people killing mobs in the area, I will invite them in a fs. If they decline or they are already in a fs to which they didn't invite me, I will not hold back.

However, that's not to say there aren't certain measures Turbine could implement as a friendly gesture towards a player base that pretty much got used to a more relaxed style of playing due to ghost town servers in the past.

Off the top of my head:

1, make crafting nodes only despawn for the play that harvested them so that everyone can harvest them once.
    2, reduce every slayer deed to 100/200 kills.

Landrovals ok - I've not had a problem with anyone being rude while I have been out in the world, and even though I had some major fears of it being too crowded(coming from old, quiet Riddermark) things seem fine, as in not tripping over people trying to quest. Sure is nice to see a somewhat livelier AH too

I'm an older player as well, I think Gladden is the place to be, lot of friendly people there.. of course there are some rude ones every where.. Especially now with Servers closing and only a few staying open it will get more crowded. But overall I think Gladden is great. you ,ight have to put several people on 'ignore' if you leave worldchat on.. < mostly ppl coming from other servers mouthing off> Once that is done you will be fine and enjoy playing here
    " I AM Q "

Qor, Qoraya, Qora, Qorya, Qoria ,Qory, Qoryana, Qoryna, Hardqor, Aowyna, Arwenya, Chantall

My friend and I are both older players and want a quieter server where we can play a more relaxed game and not have to run around like headless chickens to compete for mobs and resources with the crowds, unfortunately we are on EU servers and are very little choice about where we can play. I wish we had more than just two english servers to choose from.

There was a small queue, if you will, two days ago doing them Taradan spiders. For some reason I actually got around being able to do the deed with hardly any interruption, but I have tried to get 30-45 minutes alone there for several days. Having other players around is not only affecting the deed progress in a negative way, it is also distracting.

Mostly I ignore other players, but sometimes they get in the way and one has to spend time waiting for respawns. I have not yet seen any collaboration efforts or Fellowship Invites. One might argue I could do them invites, but I just don't feel like it. I usually focus on doing what I came to do and have no time or want for social efforts.

There are lots of friendly people on Arkenstone, but it seems to me the friendly attitude has declined.

I want back to Firefoot.

This makes me remember the old days before the Bullroarer server. I forget it's name, but I played on it for over a year. It was great! Whenever I would run by, or see another player (it was rare) we'd stop and chat about things LOTRO, and how it was going. We'd always leave and say to each other, "If you need help anywhere, anytime just ask". It really felt like I was an adventurer in Middle Earth.

I kind of miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by John0745 View Post

No matter how full the server they are mostly deadzones. I play on Brandywine the most occupied server and I can go a long time without seeing another player. Especially now that I can craft at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    There was a small queue, if you will, two days ago doing them Taradan spiders. For some reason I actually got around being able to do the deed with hardly any interruption, but I have tried to get 30-45 minutes alone there for several days. Having other players around is not only affecting the deed progress in a negative way, it is also distracting.

Mostly I ignore other players, but sometimes they get in the way and one has to spend time waiting for respawns. I have not yet seen any collaboration efforts or Fellowship Invites. One might argue I could do them invites, but I just don't feel like it. I usually focus on doing what I came to do and have no time or want for social efforts.

There are lots of friendly people on Arkenstone, but it seems to me the friendly attitude has declined.

I want back to Firefoot.
    Have you considered the other folks in the barrow are thinking the same about you? They haven't seen any collaboration efforts and 'just don't feel like' doing the invites? Not saying you need to do so but it strikes me rather funny if you don't see the flip side of your own comments. From your comment above you are contributing to the decline in friendly attitude...or rather, you often get back what you put into a situation. However, I do understand the overall sentiment as I prefer to work alone and not group in pugs.

Lothhil
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Quote Originally Posted by Econn71 View Post
    No matter how full the server they are mostly deadzones. I play on Brandywine the most occupied server and I can go a long time without seeing another player. Especially now that I can craft at my house.
    I agree about the general lack of crowds on Brandy...I can attest to it 1st hand and currently as I am leveling a wee warden right now. So from that level 38 character through my level 100's I have rarely ever compete for resources and when I am in such a situation generally folks just move along to the next deposit. Of course I am not usually farming resources, just collecting them as I pass by.
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Quote Originally Posted by Eirika View Post
    Have you considered the other folks in the barrow are thinking the same about you? They haven't seen any collaboration efforts and 'just don't feel like' doing the invites? Not saying you need to do so but it strikes me rather funny if you don't see the flip side of your own comments. From your comment above you are contributing to the decline in friendly attitude...or rather, you often get back what you put into a situation. However, I do understand the overall sentiment as I prefer to work alone and not group in pugs.

Lothhil
    I do see the flipside... just to verify.

Especially now that I can craft at my house.
    Wait.... what?!? When did this get added?

Quote Originally Posted by SunJian View Post
    You can buy crafting stations in the in-game store as of the most recent major update.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by SunJian View Post
    On Update 17.1 release:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    General Changes and Fixes

New Items in the LOTRO Store:
    • Housing Decorations: Crafting stations – Hook a workspace for your character, right in your home! Take care of your crafting while surrounded by your memories of adventure in Middle-earth.

But if you're crafting at your house you're unlikely to see many people, however full the server is. I'm playing mostly on Laurelin and that's quite bustling. Of course it depends where you are; there's not the concentration of players that there was when there were fewer zones (and levels) to spread around. But hubs like Bree and Dol Amroth are busy and so is the new zone, with a fair sprinkling of people through the lower level areas.

The servers I started on back in 2007 were casualties of the world consolidation, but I had already started new toons on Brandywine and Gladden so was saved some of the trouble of transferring them. But most of my favorite toons from Vilya and Silverlode went to Landroval, where I spend most of my time now. It's actually nice to see people running around the zones that were previously dead, and I haven't experienced much, if any, competition. Also, didn't the "open tapping" concept do away with the need to be in a fellowship to get credit for kills? It seems to work that way for me, and nobody has been complaining about KS'ing. Now if I could only find a kinship on Landy dedicated to "older players" (and I don't mean "over 21" or even "over 30"), life would be good.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

re. Older players

Now i see iu from an US server but id like to throw in that if you are on Evernight server - or have the option to transfer here - we have "Tears of the Valar". We have been around for a long time: read here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...s-of-The-Valar.

Our Kin consist mostly, but not only, of older players (50 and up!) and guild is firmly under control of very experienced "older" lotro players. Evernight - like other remaining servers seems to be - are haunted by braindeath chat-trolls these days like we never saw before - but we manage with filters and an ever polite attitude. We protect an urbane tone and we discuss not only the game but history in general or other matters from real life. Since we are older we allways maintain and force a respectfull attitude/tone while enjoying the virtual world of Tolkien .

Quote Originally Posted by Artegall View Post
    The servers I started on back in 2007 were casualties of the world consolidation, but I had already started new toons on Brandywine and Gladden so was saved some of the trouble of transferring them. But most of my favorite toons from Vilya and Silverlode went to Landroval, where I spend most of my time now. It's actually nice to see people running around the zones that were previously dead, and I haven't experienced much, if any, competition. Also, didn't the "open tapping" concept do away with the need to be in a fellowship to get credit for kills? It seems to work that way for me, and nobody has been complaining about KS'ing. Now if I could only find a kinship on Landy dedicated to "older players" (and I don't mean "over 21" or even "over 30"), life would be good.
    I think they use the term "older" a bit too freely sometimes myself. I think it should be at least 40, but then I am 52 and giggle at people who list their membership as "mature, 25 and up". Some of my best friends from games are actually under 30, but by and large I prefer an older kin or guild in whatever game I am playing that I want to be in one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast