We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cannot log in character

I have toons on both Arkenstone and Crickhollow. I can log in any of my Arkenstone toons but for the last 2 days I cannot log in my Champion on Crickhollow. It allows me to start (and apparently logs that I have been on the world) but never logs me in. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen never shows any progress although the 'flame circle' pulses, and eventually I get the message that the server connection has failed and the option to Quit. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhe View Post
    I have toons on both Arkenstone and Crickhollow. I can log in any of my Arkenstone toons but for the last 2 days I cannot log in my Champion on Crickhollow. It allows me to start (and apparently logs that I have been on the world) but never logs me in. The progress bar at the bottom of the screen never shows any progress although the 'flame circle' pulses, and eventually I get the message that the server connection has failed and the option to Quit. Any suggestions?
    First try this. turn off your computer, router and modem and then turn them all back on in the order of modem - router - computer, making sure each completely cycles back on before you turn on the next one.

Then, if that doesn't work, take the ports out of your firewall exceptions and add them back. Consider port forwarding or triggering. (
    http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Lord_of_the_Rings_Online/default.htm)

Then if that doesn't work, take your client out of your firewall, virus real time scanning (always do at least manual scans of the client and its backup as password stealing viruses can attach there) and any security software exceptions and add it back. (Do this after any update after which you have an issue.)

If that doesn't work then try picking a number between 9000 and 9013 and add it under the [Net] section in the userpreferences.ini file in the Lotro folder in your documents folder in the line UserSpecifiedPort=0 (make the 0 that number instead)