We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter lvl 100 morale vs power

Okay, I still can't figure it. I've seen it everywhere, plenty of Lvl 100 hunters have 20,000+ morale and only 5000 power. I've asked in game and no one wants to answer:

Why not more power? My Lvl 80 hunter has nearly 6000 power and 8000 life... Now I recently switched to red line (-grumble- because stupid LI's only help red-line), so when I was blue line, I burned through power... More power! I haven't really taken red line into a nasty battle yet, so I'm not sure how fast you run out of power on red.

Anyway, does anyone have a take on this?

More power is never the answer. If you burn through 5000 power in 30 seconds, getting you to 10000 power will only last you a minute. The answer is to either reduce the amount of power you use, or to increase how fast your power regenerates.
    • Use the hunter -12% power use the Tome of the Wind-Rider (this will add some power, and you won't get the morale or threat reduction from the other book, but can be useful in some situations)
    • There are two legacies that reduce your power cost for induction skills and focus skills (up to -15.6%)
    • The Essence of the Powerful Draw has a 25% chance to reduce your power use by -50% upon critical hits.
    • To increase your power regeneration: get fate, it gives in-combat power regeneration, that's what you need (1k-1.5k fate can reduce your power issues by a lot).

High icpr via fate (stat tomes+trail food) along with wind rider/PD essence should solve power problems in red. Even in precision, power is usually not an issue.
    I highly encourage people NOT to use power cost legacies.

PS/ Barrage spam despite everything listed above, cannot be sustained for very long.

Thanks so much. I guess this means my favorite line (blue) is not really viable due to power costs at high level... Sad.

blue is totally viable. just not for high damage in long fights (bossfights in instances)
    for questing, farming, dailies and such stuff, blue is nice as you can fight while running and dont have to stop for everything.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

barrage hits hard but the power cost gets crazy once its at max tier; 576 power cost per shot is not exactly something you can maintain unless you have a dedicated LM battery. I would rather have a barrage power cost legacy instead of the dmg if i were to go blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    blue is totally viable. just not for high damage in long fights (bossfights in instances)
    for questing, farming, dailies and such stuff, blue is nice as you can fight while running and dont have to stop for everything.
    So basically we're all saying, "Blue Line is totally viable, except for when it isn't. But that's no problem, because the only time it's not viable is whenever you really need it..."

==> Blue line is fun to toy with...
    ====> Blue line is NOT viable...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicVoice View Post
    So basically we're all saying, "Blue Line is totally viable, except for when it isn't. But that's no problem, because the only time it's not viable is whenever you really need it..."

==> Blue line is fun to toy with...
    ====> Blue line is NOT viable...
    or you could just use penetrating shot instead of barrage in longer fights -> problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Nexcris View Post
    or you could just use penetrating shot instead of barrage in longer fights -> problem solved
    Actually it's more like: just don't use Barrage, or Blood Arrow, or Split Shot, or --just don't use Blue Line...

Blue Line is for doing Book of Deeds, so you will get enough Power back, while you run to the other/next target.
    If you need damage, you would go for Red.

As far i understand it now.

If you run out of power, you can work on that. Doing some Damage less for while.
    If you run out of moral, you lie in the dirt as long it will need.

do some hunters really complain, that the spec which is the most mobililty is NOT the one with the highest damage in long fights?

yes, for doing sustained high damage, red is the best option
    blue is the best option for kiting
    yellow is the best option for cc
    thats it. all specs are good for something, you cant just have everything in one line. that is, why we have traitlines
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

My Dwarf hunter is old fashioned, a bit of a dullard, extraordinarily stubborn, and of course completely clueless in adapting or even slightly evolving. He would glaze over when presented with numbers and spreadsheets and build analyses. He plays like he has from the start of the game, largely ignoring the vile new trait tree system, just doing what he has always done, and very efficiently I might add. Therefore he is Red, all the time, in Strength all the time, in every situation, and maxed out to the absolute rafters in DPS, Crit, and more DPS.

I thought that was the point of hunters? Apart from Precision stance in raiding days (long past sadly), and Endurance occasionally back in the Lieutenant fight in BG, I have never found it necessary to adopt any other approach beyond that of "pew-pew wreck and destroy" in Strength. What real need for another line or another stance, which both effectively do less "pew-pew wrecking and destroying"? Kudos for giving another build a chance, but it would be like taking my Champ into Ardour stance in the old days. Or my Guard into Parry stance! (rofl). What the hell is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    do some hunters really complain, that the spec which is the most mobililty is NOT the one with the highest damage in long fights?

yes, for doing sustained high damage, red is the best option
    blue is the best option for kiting
    yellow is the best option for cc
    thats it. all specs are good for something, you cant just have everything in one line. that is, why we have traitlines
    Howdy Oelle,

Not at all. From my perspective, we're talking about viablity ==> can you use this when things get tough, or would that be extraordinarily bad?... I think Yellow (though many people hate it) is quite viable. It doesn't look like blue is really good enough for big bosses or raiding, where the other lines are good enough, although they play differently...

Quote Originally Posted by MagicVoice View Post
    Howdy Oelle,

Not at all. From my perspective, we're talking about viablity ==> can you use this when things get tough, or would that be extraordinarily bad?... I think Yellow (though many people hate it) is quite viable. It doesn't look like blue is really good enough for big bosses or raiding, where the other lines are good enough, although they play differently...
    i play yellow most time for trash, just because there i have an instant on-the-move skill to spam while getting in position... but when i actually fight bosses, i usually change to red, as my parses say, yellow does much less dps than red. (and because i like 40m range)