We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ETA on Update 18?

Can we get an ETA on Update 18?

We need something new as PVE has become so boring due to the horrible loot tables in instances, the grind for End Game gear is so easy a potato could do it, there is no real challenge that puts the new end game gear to the test. The new Minas tirith questline feels so tedious riding from here to there that it's mentally painful to do more than once and the new big battles are an absolute AFK fest even with speeding up with catapults.

I am not the only one feeling this as I hear it from others in world chat and from friends how dull this beautiful game is at end game, you can only get some real sense of enjoyment from questing on a new toon but after doing them 10+ times over even that gets boring.

Also I hope U18 somehow makes PVMP playable without crashes, skill lock and lag.

I would love to hear when the Update 18 Beta will be released to save us from this boredom.

I would prefer they focus on getting the servers running at least as good as the old ones before they even bother with U18. I doubt I'm alone in that opinion, either.

We do not have a public ETA yet for Update 18. We will announce the date as we get closer to the actual event.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by CornWollis View Post
    Also I hope U18 somehow makes PVMP playable without crashes, skill lock and lag.
    Fixing that doesn't have to be in a major-version-number update.... That's just bug fixing, and can happen at any time.

I've only played PVP (on occasion) since 2012, and there is always some amount of lag involved when there are 15 vs 15 fighting in the same close area.... was it ever different in the past?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Fixing that doesn't have to be in a major-version-number update.... That's just bug fixing, and can happen at any time.

I've only played PVP (on occasion) since 2012, and there is always some amount of lag involved when there are 15 vs 15 fighting in the same close area.... was it ever different in the past?
    Before server update one could have totally OK'ish experience on the open field on 24v24 man fights, however now even some 6v6 fights lag more than before those bigger fights.

And please sort out the lag issues caused by all those little buff/debuff icons on your target...

Even a simple check box in options to show/unshow them would suffice - Doing this with your fellows via 'Group Effect Options' is one of the best ways to reduce the lag during raids.

Would be a real shame if these issues persist when the new multi wing raid comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlosh View Post
    And please sort out the lag issues caused by all those little buff/debuff icons on your target...

Even a simple check box in options to show/unshow them would suffice - Doing this with your fellows via 'Group Effect Options' is one of the best ways to reduce the lag during raids.

Would be a real shame if these issues persist when the new multi wing raid comes out!
    Couldn't agree more. We can disable non-dispellable effects already, so it shouldn't be that hard to add this.

Btw, is there any chance our friends&ignore lists could be enlarged?

Quote Originally Posted by CornWollis View Post
    Can we get an ETA on Update 18?
    I'd guess around the anniversary.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

Info

You know @frelorn, with all the problems and unhappiness with the game with lag and constant disconnects, I thought you guys would be trying to do anything to keep the player base sweet. One sure fire way is through info on updates or new material. So if I were at turbine I'd be releasing info as soon as possible to try and bring up morale

Quote Originally Posted by Romandacil View Post
    You know @frelorn, with all the problems and unhappiness with the game with lag and constant disconnects, I thought you guys would be trying to do anything to keep the player base sweet. One sure fire way is through info on updates or new material. So if I were at turbine I'd be releasing info as soon as possible to try and bring up morale
    Sounds great until they make promises and announce future changes that end up being broken/dropped. And the morale raised through early sneak peaks drops like a rock, fostering even greater melancholy and malcontent within the player base than what we're currently dealing with by being left in the dark.

I think Frelorn himself has made a similar arguement in the past, albeit a bit less depressing.

Will just leave it here...

No more updates please until lag/crashes issues are fixed. Game is unplayable...It lags even in 4v4 or 10v10 it doesnt really matter.

The game is in the ruined state. Ppl leaving, not investing in it anymore, no new ppl are coming. Must be fixed.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Couldn't agree more. We can disable non-dispellable effects already, so it shouldn't be that hard to add this.

Btw, is there any chance our friends&ignore lists could be enlarged?
    Forget about enlarging it! Just make it account friend or account ignore instead toon friend or toon ignore.

Yeah, time to give away information, also I'd suggest changing level cap to 110 and adding new skills, MC instances, fixing loot tables and the game difficulty, which has become too easy and not challeging at all.
    Last edited by Winds; Feb 16 2016 at 04:34 AM.

Let's not rush them, let them take some time and digest everything and think things over and over. Now we are all curious about all of the updates to come but none of us will be happy if they won't work properly.

They said that updates are coming so let's be patient.

And yes, loot should be fixed, some class balances like hunter having nothing more than death in PvP, lag, new hard instances\raids.

Since things get worse with each update, maybe U18 will be the final nail in the coffin.

Better fix the other serious issues first (lag, disconnects etc) and then introduce the new update. That way maybe its playable and not like laggy-buggy MT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    Since things get worse with each update, maybe U18 will be the final nail in the coffin.

Better fix the other serious issues first (lag, disconnects etc) and then introduce the new update. That way maybe its playable and not like laggy-buggy MT.
    Frelorn in the Thursday stream last week said that they are working on the issues created by the server transfer before they would release a date for U18.

Its not easy for the community to trust Turbine anymore...

They have failed player hopes many times in the past. But lets wait and see...

I hope for the best.

Oh god not level increases. Last thing I want to do is grind for more essences in intolerable big battles and more moors gear. You all are masochistic if you seriously want more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    Oh god not level increases. Last thing I want to do is grind for more essences in intolerable big battles and more moors gear. You all are masochistic if you seriously want more of that.
    I agree,least we need another bad update like past few ones full of bugs with this lag and another lvl increase and endless grind ....better to fix game 1st then go with new update...

Is Turbine even working on update 18 or anything at all? (most importantly the server lag) They haven't said a word or updated the event page on the login screen in awhile. People are rioting on the fourms. They must be under a lot of pressure by their playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    Is Turbine even working on update 18 or anything at all? (most importantly the server lag) They haven't said a word or updated the event page on the login screen in awhile. People are rioting on the fourms. They must be under a lot of pressure by their playerbase.
    Yes they are. It's in testing at the moment and more stuff will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodgoing View Post
    You can be sure that major updates are always first priority for Turbine. The last thing they would do is miss the schedule even if it means heaps of bvgz.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    You can be sure that major updates are always first priority for Turbine. The last thing they would do is miss the schedule even if it means heaps of bvgz.
    seems U18 is no longer top priority posted by Vyv in the datacenter update thread this morning. which is the way it should be, fix the problems 1st-then U18

"Additionally they have stopped any work they may have been doing on Update 18 to troubleshoot the problems we are seeing with transitions between landblocks since switching over to the new OS and hardware in the new datacenter."

[QUOTE=KM3161;7546125]seems U18 is no longer top priority posted by Vyv in the datacenter update thread this morning. which is the way it should be, fix the problems 1st-then U18

"Additionally they have stopped any work they may have been doing on Update 18 to troubleshoot the problems we are seeing with transitions between landblocks since switching over to the new OS and hardware in the new datacenter."

Thats half true, she said the engineers have stopped working on u18 for time being, not the devs or artists(who have nothing to do with datacenter problems)

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    seems U18 is no longer top priority posted by Vyv in the datacenter update thread this morning. which is the way it should be, fix the problems 1st-then U18

Personally, I would be very surprised if U18 didn't launch in April despite what she said. Although, the instance cluster may not come with it yet.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast