We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Blue Line fizzles at 70 < lvl < 100

My hunter is level 82, and I had to switch from Blue to Red recently.

~~~For common solo PvE~~~
    Up through level 60, Blue was great, Blue was fun... BUT
    It feels like Blue fizzles out around lvl 70...

Lothlorien was the last place Blue felt okay.
    Mirkwood was so-so
    Enedwaith, Isengard, and Great River all got pretty tough for me.

I hate Red, so I delayed switching, even when I ran into big problems. It just becomes hard to handle multiple landscape mobs, or even one elite. Big power issues, some damage issues, and lack of support from legacies. If we're power-leveling, none of this matters, but if we're playing through the game, at some level (70?) I think Blue fails, and we have to switch to Red or Yellow. My other tree is Red, and I haven't tried yellow at high levels yet.

What do you all think?
    Last edited by MagicVoice; Feb 17 2016 at 06:10 PM.

I play Blue due to mobility, which I love, and I can kite just about anything.

Maybe you need more crowd control, so I suggest you go yellow. Since I went Yellow for PvMP, I haven't gone Blue or Red ever again, even in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    I play Blue due to mobility, which I love, and I can kite just about anything.

Maybe you need more crowd control, so I suggest you go yellow. Since I went Yellow for PvMP, I haven't gone Blue or Red ever again, even in PvE.
    I've heard good things about yellow --not in the forums, but in game. I just built a brand new hunter on Crick to try out yellow from the start, and it runs pretty smooth. I remember my blue hunter having trouble with Brishzel in the Barrow downs, but Yellow just powered through him at level 21. I went charging through, and got into many sticky situations, but was able to fight my way through, or escape and re-group. Not bad at all so far at level 26... That said, I agree with many of the forums that blue is fun for doing slayer deeds. Run and gun...

Yellow is great and fun, but traps don't scale well in higher levels(about lvl 75 or 85 traps become weaker) and there too many weak or useless traits in yellow line. In higher Levels i would recommend to choose yellow but put most of the points in red.

Examples of useless/weak traits: Rain of Thorns rank 2-4, explosive powder, decoy and explosive arrow dont deal that much damage and have rather long CD, armour rend and complex mechanisms beome obsolet with a bit of Finesse

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/...VgDB5sG3/yAA==
    Is fun in higher levels. Strengthstance, because it increases lingering wound more than the dot-trait in blue line and the quickshot slow fits the "master of control" feeling of yellow line.
    "Skillrotation": quickshot, lingering wound, penetrating shot
    upshot if focus is high/full, swift bow if it proccs.

I've always played with blue on my hunter. I chose that trait line from the beginning because I was a little concerned with survivability, this being my first crack at an MMO. I experimented with red and yellow as I leveled, but decided to stick with blue. I've never run into any problems with DPS. I think blue helps me from drawing aggro from tanks and makes me a better group member. When I run instances in red, I found myself putting out too much DPS. I also like to move around, so it was hard to break that habit when I went in red/strength. I think Rohan is a breaking point for most classes in general. I recently leveled a mini just doing the epic quests and skirms to level up, so it was a very incomplete character. I had all crafted, top of the line gear to help. I was usually about 3-4 levels below the quest levels and had no problems until I got to West Rohan. That's when my lack of virtues/mitigations caught up to me and things became more challenging. I'm not sure how complete your hunter is, but if he/she doesn't have virtues leveled to an appropriate level, I think it catches up to most classes around level 80 or so.

Blue and Yellow lines are the reason there's the myth hunters have no dps. Go red. If you need to handle multiple mobs, make sure you've got good crit and trait rain of arrows use precision stance, you'll handle plenty. You can still move plenty in red.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?