We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DPS to Tank hunter in Moors.

I made my hunter into dps Bowmaster. Works great in pve but not so much for PvMP. Or at least, I am unable to figure it out yet. So far I have tried many various attempts but to failure. So I am going yellow.
    Sense our dots don't use physical mastery or agility, and I don't know of anything to improve our dot damage using essences. Therefore, I am replacing all my physical mastery essences with defense essence.
    Such as moral, physical and tactical mitigations (25,000 for both rest in moral).
    I made new bow and weapon for my yellow line. Kite. Hopefully I do better in the moors with my hunter. I open to any suggestions. later.

Quote Originally Posted by aelso View Post
    I made my hunter into dps Bowmaster. Works great in pve but not so much for PvMP. Or at least, I am unable to figure it out yet. So far I have tried many various attempts but to failure. So I am going yellow.
    Sense our dots don't use physical mastery or agility, and I don't know of anything to improve our dot damage using essences. Therefore, I am replacing all my physical mastery essences with defense essence.
    Such as moral, physical and tactical mitigations (25,000 for both rest in moral).
    I made new bow and weapon for my yellow line. Kite. Hopefully I do better in the moors with my hunter. I open to any suggestions. later.
    If you have the 4 piece heartseeker set, it pretty much never comes off even in pvp.
    Yellow is mostly stacking defensive essences along with morale; most mid-high ranked hunters will probably be running 25k or more morale even in redline. If you are going forget about mastery, you might as well go all in imo. That build could get expensive very fast.

Got a screenshot of current setup? Might be easier to help if we can see what you have going atm.

You dont want to completely forget about mastery for yellow line. its not helping your DoT or trap dmg, but it is helping other skills that are used often, like pen shot for example. and it does boost the initial dmg of lingering wound. Also dont neglect crit for the same reasons. Currently for yellow/solo pvp build this is how I'm set up:

Quote Originally Posted by aelso View Post
    Lingering wound does use mastery. Strength stance does increase it too, more than the dottrait in blue does. lingering wound (tier1) does about 1,7k every 2 seconds