We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New lvl 105 essences and how we get them ?

Hello,

While I agree big battles need to be scaled,

Read carefully, there is NO way i'm going to farm thousands of them AGAIN and only for RANDOM essences drops.

So please, this time, add a new and SURE way/s to get those new essences.

You could for example add a daily quest

- Complete a t1 instance =>which would rewards one blue essence box ( allowing us to CHOOSE the essence inside)

- Complete a t2c instance => one supreme essence box

Which means we could get 2 essences per day with one char - fair enough, still a grind, and give benefit for those playing alts.

It could also be implemented with the new feature instance thing... It's just an idea. There a lot of ways you could do this.

We need a lot of essences for one char now, the grind shouldn't take months but it also shouldn't take one day. The thing is I don't want to see randomness anymore when it comes to essences.

Spending 1h doing Bbs, only to get : a supreme power essence and a blue evasion.

No, sorry, never again : )
    Last edited by Aymerik; Apr 01 2016 at 08:26 PM.

Going to have to agree with this guy, getting people to grind out all those essences again in big battles is punching the ticket of more people departing.

Of course Turbine will not listen, lol.

I'd much prefer no cap on how many you can get per day if you're willing to spend the entirety of a day grinding it, within reason.

But I very much like the idea of getting them from instances, it's almost like completing (what might be?) challenging group content should yield... Rewards for doing so... o.o

I will not be grinding big battles for perfect gear on 4-5 characters again, I'll more than likely just quit and play a less grindy game at this point.

I would also like to point out that so far there seems not to be ANY solo way to get lvl 105 armour - which means for us it doesn't matter how to get lvl 105 essences since you cannot put them in lvl 100 armour.
    I find it very odd that at this point of beta - which should be final before live - we don't have pretty much any info at all about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    I would also like to point out that so far there seems not to be ANY solo way to get lvl 105 armour - which means for us it doesn't matter how to get lvl 105 essences since you cannot put them in lvl 100 armour.
    I find it very odd that at this point of beta - which should be final before live - we don't have pretty much any info at all about anything.
    On the east coast (Boston) its about 12:30 AM and Ive had a few scotches so I want to make sure I am clear. When you say there is no solo way, do you mean there is no way to obtain currency to purchase the armor solo? OR are you saying that the armor is only available by doing group content as a "drop" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    On the east coast (Boston) its about 12:30 AM and Ive had a few scotches so I want to make sure I am clear. When you say there is no solo way, do you mean there is no way to obtain currency to purchase the armor solo? OR are you saying that the armor is only available by doing group content as a "drop" ?
    The only way to get gear is to do Group Content. The Featured Instances and the Pelenor Instances. There is no Solo gear that you can obtain like DA, Builders/Smiths or Crafted for 105.

PKCrichton answered already, so yes, at least as far as we know, the only way to get lvl 105 armour or essences is by doing new 3-6-man instances. It MIGHT be that there is some super-hidden things coming that somehow relates into Epics, but even in that case it would be nice to at least have some kind of word by developers what is the case. Also, the weird extra reputation level after Kindred in Minas Tirith is still there, but I didn't find any new items at barterers where that reputation level was required. During beta 1 I suspected that maybe they add f.ex. crafting instances or something, but that's not it, or we would see them in beta round 3 already.

Also a strange fact: we can already barter marks for the mysterious Zircon Shards! So if I want I can spend 312 marks and 183 meds on an item for which there is zero use...

Going to have to agree with this guy, getting people to grind out all those essences again in big battles is punching the ticket of more people departing.

Of course Turbine will not listen, lol.
    I though we did DA dailies and shadow of morthand to gain essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    Good.

They do not need to reveal where and how we get the essences. It's not what bug fixes are about. They said it will be easier to get new essences - that's sufficient.

It would be nice if they acknowledged that they do intend to make the already existing methods work i.e. BBs scaled, that they do not forget to scale the loot of all instances including skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Good.

Of course you say that. "Play our way or the highway" is unfortunately a mindset that certain people have, but offering new armour at level cap for ONLY those who do group instances while rest of them have to use gear from previous level cap is something never seen in LOTRO before, and wouldn't expect that trend to start now either.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrjonok View Post
    They do not need to reveal where and how we get the essences. It's not what bug fixes are about. They said it will be easier to get new essences - that's sufficient.

It would be nice if they acknowledged that they do intend to make the already existing methods work i.e. BBs scaled, that they do not forget to scale the loot of all instances including skirmishes.
    It's not only about bug fixes, it's also about balance in pvp, instances, currency obtained for items (essences, armour, jewelry), etc.

Not to mention that easier does not equal "within a logical amount of time". If it takes a week of just killing 10 normal mobs per day for 1 essence it is easy, but it will take so much time it is not balanced, at all. I'm exaggerating, of course.

And, last but not least, sometimes even though they intend to do something, even though the developers give the ok to the engineering team, something may go wrong, only to find it after it goes to Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    It's not only about bug fixes, it's also about balance in pvp, instances, currency obtained for items (essences, armour, jewelry), etc.
    I have a feeling the developers do not want us to know how to easily grind instances now and will leave it to a surprise. As long as they nail it for the most part... like you mention here:

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post
    And, last but not least, sometimes even though they intend to do something, even though the developers give the ok to the engineering team, something may go wrong, only to find it after it goes to Live.
    From experience we know this is rarely the case, like with Morgul Crests (not enough per instance) or BB box essences lvl 100 dropping lvl 95 loot (wrong items in loot table). But I can see why they wouldn't want to give us away how we obtain everything from beta. Be patient... hotfix comes usually 3 days after first live patch

Quote Originally Posted by tigrjonok View Post
    They do not need to reveal where and how we get the essences. They said it will be easier to get new essences - that's sufficient.
    I'd disagree. I don't think it is sufficient. We begged, and begged, and begged for them to remove/reduce the grind, a few months back, so they responded by reducing the Mark/Med cost of SoEs by 30%, from 5x what they should cost, to 4x what they should cost.

Turbine's idea of "easier" is far from what I'd call reasonable, so frankly this not knowing isn't cool, because we only have a few small chances (in BR, on the BR forums, BEFORE an update goes live), to tell them that something is unreasonable, where they MAY actually listen (I'm talking 1% chance, but that's the best we get).

Once it's out the door, that's it, good luck getting anything revised meaningfully.

I, for one, would very much appreciate knowing exactly how we'll be acquiring these new essences (supremes). "Easier" could mean anything from increasing the drop rate in BBs by 1%, to making them the reward for every single quest. And I think we all know in which direction Turbine leans, here.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Good.

good? till people leave and the game dies, this isnt going to bring back old players, as there are tons of other issues that drove them away. I like the idea but with the amount of people that never/rarely group in this game is at an all time high, it doesnt seem like the smartest idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Liktitamas View Post
    good? till people leave and the game dies, this isnt going to bring back old players, as there are tons of other issues that drove them away. I like the idea but with the amount of people that never/rarely group in this game is at an all time high, it doesnt seem like the smartest idea.
    if you are a soloer doing dailies festivals and farm sambrog-thorog then why do you need supremes anyway? its a good thing that top rewards are found only in instances that are harder than the junk before them. run the instance and complete? reward for it. if you dont run the new instance why the hell do you need supremes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    I'd disagree. I don't think it is sufficient. We begged, and begged, and begged for them to remove/reduce the grind, a few months back, so they responded by reducing the Mark/Med cost of SoEs by 30%, from 5x what they should cost, to 4x what they should cost.

Turbine's idea of "easier" is far from what I'd call reasonable, so frankly this not knowing isn't cool, because we only have a few small chances (in BR, on the BR forums, BEFORE an update goes live), to tell them that something is unreasonable, where they MAY actually listen (I'm talking 1% chance, but that's the best we get).

Once it's out the door, that's it, good luck getting anything revised meaningfully.

I, for one, would very much appreciate knowing exactly how we'll be acquiring these new essences (supremes). "Easier" could mean anything from increasing the drop rate in BBs by 1%, to making them the reward for every single quest. And I think we all know in which direction Turbine leans, here.
    Except it is now possible to in a single day collect over 20 SoE's from content that is very easy to complete with a moderately equipped toon. I am amazed that people don't want to work for anything and want to simply log in and get top end gear.

I believe the lack of information regarding instances loot / essences and gear drop is not about readiness but secrecy. Probably Turbine prepares some new level of endless grind and doesn't want any whine before the update goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post
    I believe the lack of information regarding instances loot / essences and gear drop is not about readiness but secrecy. Probably Turbine prepares some new level of endless grind and doesn't want any whine before the update goes live
    It would imply they don't care about our feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    I will not be grinding big battles for perfect gear on 4-5 characters again, I'll more than likely just quit and play a less grindy game at this point.
    That's basically my plan. I won't resubscribe until I know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    if you are a soloer doing dailies festivals and farm sambrog-thorog then why do you need supremes anyway? its a good thing that top rewards are found only in instances that are harder than the junk before them. run the instance and complete? reward for it. if you dont run the new instance why the hell do you need supremes?
    You're right about this.

T1 instances can easily be soloed by the way, thus everyone could possibly get blue essences (hypothetical of course). That should be enough for players who don't run t2 instances or raid (or do pvp). And no matter what they decide for U18, I guess the option of doing big battles will still be there.
    Last edited by Aymerik; Apr 02 2016 at 10:41 PM.

Are we speaking of semi-afk in bug battles?
    I think I read it right when you want essences removed from those and added to content that takes an effort. If so, I agree. Somewhat.

Since the essences are required content, they should be more readily available. My standing suggestion is craft guild max should be able to make any of them, bound to account and at a 1 day cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Aymerik View Post

You could for example add a daily quest

- Complete a t1 instance =>which would rewards one blue essence box ( allowing us to CHOOSE the essence inside)

- Complete a t2c instance => one supreme essence box

It could also be implemented with the new feature instance thing...

I agree there should be essences granted for classic instances completion! Esp. a supreme for t2c. (Perhaps just in the new Pelennor instance cluster.)

Choosing which one to get would be ideal, but I imagine a random one would not be terrible (Turbine gets to keep players occupied longer, players get usable essences roughly half of the time, which is still much better than 0% of the time).

The new feature instance is a wonderful way to put a cap on how many essences you can get this way (I strongly suspect Turbine does not want players to complete 20 instances in a row and get 20 essences).

Because people in the Ettenmoors are getting screwed over.

There is no level 105 Moors gear this time. That means in order to make up the difference of the 5 levels the creeps automatically log into (which we have to once again level & then re-gear), we have to GRIND very heavily off the bat to even try and compensate.

So yeah, people care & they are trying to prepare so it doesn't take 2-6 months of work (based on Turbines schedules tht everyone has unlimited play time). I know people that play only 2-3 hours a day. Why should they have to spend that time for a month straight getting the gear to be on par with the creeps they just want to fight?
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post

There is no level 105 Moors gear this time. That means in order to make up the difference of the 5 levels the creeps automatically log into (which we have to once again level & then re-gear), we have to GRIND very heavily off the bat to even try and compensate.

So yeah, people care & they are trying to prepare so it doesn't take 2-6 months of work (based on Turbines schedules tht everyone has unlimited play time). I know people that play only 2-3 hours a day. Why should they have to spend that time for a month straight getting the gear to be on par with the creeps they just want to fight?
    As a primary PvP player I can say that Turbines new essence system, long term is going to have the tangible effect of negating their products strong suit, replay ability. While it was never easy to level up and grind out LI's it was reasonable for your alts. Now with essences the grind has become prohibitive for alts. I have 5 level 100 freeps all of them have been to the moors on various servers. I would never go through the grind to get all of them essences, maybe one and even then I probably by most of it on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post

get greater and fight then if you just care for pvp. you cant expect to be afk all day log ettens farm 5k comms and get best gear of the game lol. until 85 when the game was descent you still had to pve to get the great gear, not just barter it from some vendor over clubbed comms.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast