We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Festival Goats!

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Nice patched color patterns can already be used on warhorse without saddle already. Will be nice to have regular saddle-less horses with patched patterns as well.
    That is true yes, but i mean for a normal mount, not everyone has level 75+ toon and some might want a normal saddle-less horse or goat this is about adding to Festivals anyway
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather see alternative beorning-bear skins before more mounts. However at this point it seems like that will never happen, but I am sure they won't hesitate to sell a new mount for 2k tp..
    I will also like to see more beorning bear shape color tones & patterns but that is a whole different thread that have being talk throughly. I bet that the devs will be willing to make it if people are willing to buy alternate beorning tones or patterns on store. Of couse then the devs may need to create dedicated cosmetics slot item for bear shape fur colors & patterns. Here is the most recent: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ding-Beornings

Quote Originally Posted by friendsofthetooks View Post
    That is true yes, but i mean for a normal mount, not everyone has level 75+ toon and some might want a normal saddle-less horse or goat this is about adding to Festivals anyway
    Yah that is the theme of the thread, BUT.... the saddle decorations is what makes the festive theme, so a saddle-less goat with patched colors will be a nice addition to the game that i support but will be better introduced as a new regular goat instead a festival themed goat. Now patched furr colors with festival saddle, can nicely fit the festivals. & i vote to use longest hair goats for winter while the shortest hair for summer, intermediate size hair will look better for the other 2 seasons.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Apr 09 2016 at 08:43 PM.

3. Apr 09 2016, 08:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    BUT.... the saddle decorations is what makes the festive theme, so a saddle-less goat with patched colors will be a nice addition to the game that i support but will be better introduced as a new regular goat instead a festival themed goat.
    That is true i don't disagree, Saddles do make a festival mount, maybe a normal bareback and add to the horse farm, as for Goats, no cause we only get horses, and a festival themed goat be a nice change for once!.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by friendsofthetooks View Post
    That is true i don't disagree, Saddles do make a festival mount, maybe a normal bareback and add to the horse farm, as for Goats, no cause we only get horses, and a festival themed goat be a nice change for once!.
    Correct, Hengstacer farm only sell horses. That is why i suggested that patched fur bareback horses get sold by Hengstacer while patched fur bareback goats get sold by Thorins as that is the lowest level dwarven faction that breeds goats.

well no need to ask anymore this morning I log on to The Anniversary event, and went to festival vendors, and there i saw Festival Goat! for 40 tokens, happy now

Me too. I think the goat looks awesome.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I hope festival goats won't be the new trend, I'm glad there are people who enjoy them, but horses look much nicer and I won't be bartering for a goat. That said, at least they made a new design for the anniversary instead of the regular one, so that's a point gained.

More goat mounts? Yes please. Be it festival, or war goats. Yes, of course I'm biased. I have a dwarf main, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    I hope festival goats won't be the new trend, I'm glad there are people who enjoy them, but horses look much nicer and I won't be bartering for a goat. That said, at least they made a new design for the anniversary instead of the regular one, so that's a point gained.
    One unique goat, one unique horse would be nice.
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Meh. The only good goat is stewed goat

Any pictures of the new goat? I haven't had a chance to log in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshade View Post
    Any pictures of the new goat? I haven't had a chance to log in yet.
    It looks like a green eyes Drugovar with a matching green saddle (same tone as mathoms horse green decoration). Goat to be happy!

Last edited by YamydeAragon; Apr 28 2016 at 07:57 AM.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I like more goats.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a war-goat either, but I know it's not possible within the lore.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Are there to be dwarf/hobbit sized versions of the festival goat? My RK may need one of these otherwise:

Had a nice surprise today visiting the mount vendor in Bree. Anniversary Festival ftw.
    A soft answer turns away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger. -Prv15:1
    Find the Joy in your Journey
    reflectionsofthelight.com
    HisWay alliance member, Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by Lambtron View Post
    Are there to be dwarf/hobbit sized versions of the festival goat? My RK may need one of these otherwise:
    I LOL'ed. God, that was funny.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Finally got a chance to log in and see it.
    It's perfect. Pretty much exactly what I wanted. Thanks, Turbine.
    It's a goat fit for an Elf, being all lean and tall like that.

It's a goat fit for an Elf
    The stupid, it burns!

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    The stupid, it burns!
    I think goat mounts in general weren't a great idea, but I'm okay with them.
    What I was saying in my last post was that instead of the huge, stocky, standard goat mounts, there's one that seems a bit more agile and nimble, making it seem a bit more fitting for when my Elvish toons have to ride goats.

In general, I'm not a fan of goats.. I do like the festival goat - but only because it's a Druggavar..
    Other than that -- I vote for fainting goats (aka falling-down goats)

I think goat mounts in general weren't a great idea, but I'm okay with them.
    What I was saying in my last post was that instead of the huge, stocky, standard goat mounts, there's one that seems a bit more agile and nimble, making it seem a bit more fitting for when my Elvish toons have to ride goats.
    I knew exactly what you meant, the idea of it ever being in any way 'fitting' for Elves to ride goats is still daft.

Plus it was bad enough when we had one sort of goat with a semi-plausible explanation (although what Turbine's Moria is actually like gives the lie to it), now we have a completely different one that's just appeared out of nowhere. It's also very silly because of those horns - imagine if you actually tried to ride something with horns like that, what'd happen when the goat turned its head? The damn things would be bonking into you all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    The damn things would be bonking into you all the time.
    I'm used to bonks on the head from falling off cliffs on my warsteed
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Congratulations to all the people that already adquired their drugovar like goat! Meanwhile other players have waited years to get the hobby horse drop at the Yule gift box. Can we get the hobby horse items added to barter options even if is bind to account? It is being years, that is not a new item anymore since a while back & you already did that with the Moria framed paints & the glorious beer house decorations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2