We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The epic in Update 18 is simply sublime (potential spoilers - read at your own risk).

There's not really much more to say at the moment, as I don't want to give spoilers, but MoL, and anyone else that worked on the epic, you did a wonderful, wonderful job - you stuck the knife into my heart at the beginning of the battle, and as the battle went on, it twisted, pushing further and further in, until finally, on a Field of Red, after the very worst deaths, you gave us hope once more.

Thank you.

Hmmm...almost makes me want to do the epic quests. I thought the last epic quest chain was awesome (loved the whole trick they played - no spoilers from me). The epic line continues to be one area Turbine continues to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by GerkinPickle View Post
    Hmmm...almost makes me want to do the epic quests. I thought the last epic quest chain was awesome (loved the whole trick they played - no spoilers from me). The epic line continues to be one area Turbine continues to impress.
    Yes, but if I'm reading the patch notes correctly, all the epic battles
    are fellowship/raid sized. And I bet they can't be duoed.

Oh well. I can always read the books again.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post

I just did all of it solo. No group instances required. Recommended but not required. The battle flows between cut scenes, quests and solo instances.

Thumbs up

Well done Turbine.

The Epic Quest Line in this update was truly awesome - about the right length, decent rewards and most of all really immersive!

The cut scenes also did the storyline justice and were also very entertaining to watch.
    *spoiler* That part where the old ranger jumps in the air, flips his sword, catches it and thrusts into the enemy .... I found myself saying "Legend!" at my screen

I was level 100 and I did them all solo (the mobs were 105)
    It should be fine--even for you.

The Epic is exceptional, it always is, but this one - for me, is the best of all. It can be soloed and isn't tied into group content by the way, though it does lead into it like the Osgiliath Epic did, to provide it as the optional next step (but it's not actual Epic content itself).
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

I'd like to add to the cheer for MoL and the world-builders (and whoever else was involved): the epic experience of the battle was very nice, both visually and story-wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Xvaliant View Post
    Well done Turbine.

The Epic Quest Line in this update was truly awesome - about the right length, decent rewards and most of all really immersive!

The cut scenes also did the storyline justice and were also very entertaining to watch.
    *spoiler* That part where the old ranger jumps in the air, flips his sword, catches it and thrusts into the enemy .... I found myself saying "Legend!" at my screen
    Yea, that bit was extremely awesome - its definitely in my top 3 moments, although there were so many good ones, I might have to make it a top 10!

There are no epic battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    There's not really much more to say at the moment, as I don't want to give spoilers, but MoL, and anyone else that worked on the epic, you did a wonderful, wonderful job - you stuck the knife into my heart at the beginning of the battle, and as the battle went on, it twisted, pushing further and further in, until finally, on a Field of Red, after the very worst deaths, you gave us hope once more.

Thank you.
    Don't tell me that Horn escaped suffocation in a mountain of mumakil dung and still lives?

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    There are no epic battles.
    Indeed - and if only Helm's Deep had been done as Books 5 and 6 of Update 18, it would have been significantly better.

Indeed - and if only Helm's Deep had been done as Books 5 and 6 of Update 18, it would have been significantly better.
    I'm struggling again with these HD battles. And knowing the story after it just makes me a bit angry that they couldn't find another way to get to the end of HD epic.

Good job Turbine, really enjoyed epics as always. No matter how many kings foils I have to pick on side quests Epics always deliver something fun and new.

So far I like everything, not talking about lag that is still there.

^^This, sweet jesus....if only

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Don't tell me that Horn escaped suffocation in a mountain of mumakil dung and still lives?
    I will say nothing....

Spilled milk, but indeed, I have to agree
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Thank you.
    Agreed. Book 6 was awesome. So many chilling moments. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I just did all of it solo. No group instances required. Recommended but not required. The battle flows between cut scenes, quests and solo instances.
    Hmm. What class did you do it with?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Loremaster, lvl 100, DA armor with greater essences. Don't think I have any morale essences on her Not talking about the fellowship instances, just the solo instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvaliant View Post
    Well done Turbine.

I loved it. The flow of the events was really great and paced very good.

I did all of it solo too - its really not that tricky. You've gotta keep your wits about you a few times, but otherwise, its easy enough. However, if you want to get the full story, and see the bits of drama at the end of each instance, then you'll need to do the instances (I ran them at 75 t1, just to see the story alongside the epic), which will need a group (or at least, tank dps and healer for Silent Street).

I did all of it solo too - its really not that tricky. You've gotta keep your wits about you a few times, but otherwise, its easy enough. However, if you want to get the full story, and see the bits of drama at the end of each instance, then you'll need to do the instances (I ran them at 75 t1, just to see the story alongside the epic), which will need a group (or at least, tank dps and healer for Silent Street).
    And the update.

Where does it start?

Where does the new epic book start? I've got an intro to Far Anorian, but that's all... I want to do the epic line, but I can't find any place that starts it...

Quote Originally Posted by milamba View Post
    Where does the new epic book start? I've got an intro to Far Anorian, but that's all... I want to do the epic line, but I can't find any place that starts it...
    Gandalf, 7th tier of Minas Tirith

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast