We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blood of the Black Serpent- Optional MC?

Maybe my instance was buggy, but Mounted Combat is not "optional."
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Dadislotroguides is offline The Well Met
    Former Players Council Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Warg View Post
    Maybe my instance was buggy, but Mounted Combat is not "optional."
    You drag the mounts to the spot that you first entered the MC area (the pathway leading in to it). They will dismount and you can fight on foot.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    You drag the mounts to the spot that you first entered the MC area (the pathway leading in to it). They will dismount and you can fight on foot.
    Hm... you can do this with bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    That's good to know, but what about the bosses at the end? They're most certainly mounted, and have mounted adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    That's good to know, but what about the bosses at the end? They're most certainly mounted, and have mounted adds.
    Fight them on foot, no big deal

We did T2C with Warden/Mini/Rk and it was quite easy..sucks with melee dps though

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Fight them on foot, no big deal

We did T2C with Warden/Mini/Rk and it was quite easy..sucks with melee dps though
    we have it on farm with grd champ rk easy on foot

LAURELIN
    YORRI GUARDIAN R13

BRANDYWINE
    YORRIE GUARDIAN R12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCe-Rv-rHA

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post
    Hm... you can do this with bosses?
    If you're lucky they get stuck on tents.

MC works exactly as well you'd expect....
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

This is fine, right up until the actual main boss, where the two princes running around at lightspeed, with 30 unkillable adds is an absolute nightmare for classes who's Mounted Combat dps utterly sucks:

Beorning
    Burglar
    Lore-master
    Warden

It's just ridiculous, on Warden it was quicker for me to just run along behind them and throw javelins in Assailment (red traited) than it is to mount up. Make it OPTIONAL Turbine, you may not have noticed but for the last 3-4 years since mounted combat came about, you won't have seen anyone begging for MC instances....

I just hate mounted combat... they have to change this. It's plain boring.

If they could reduce the frequency of plotable effect. Especially boring with half trolls (champ/guard). We already take the AOE by being close, do not have melee classes on the short end of the stick... again.

/shortcut x /follow

the 'optional' mechanic to boss fights with mounted combat

yeah, seriously though, this is my fave instance as far as the mood, the 'sprites' in the background making it seem like we're in the thick of battle - the one thing that makes me HATE this instance, is the mounted combat. BAD idea, in NO WAY does it add to the feel of the story, or the instance, because mounted combat does not work well, it does not work equally between classes, and for boss fights for tanks, it's like chasing an x-wing..... when you're in a dog sled.

TIP - Dump mounted combat into a river, make some more interesting hobbies for the hobby panel - I will happily learn to knit Turnip warmers for Hobbits to lvl 100 rather than have to /follow and spin on the spot like a ###### in a boss fight.

The last boss fight on this is utter bull#### from turbine.

There is a hell of a lot of damage going on in a very short space of time, MC is utter rubbish in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by yorrie View Post
    we have it on farm with grd champ rk easy on foot
    Champions duel. What a great strategy m8

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    This is fine, right up until the actual main boss, where the two princes running around at lightspeed, with 30 unkillable adds is an absolute nightmare for classes who's Mounted Combat dps utterly sucks:

Beorning
    Burglar
    Lore-master
    Warden

It's just ridiculous, on Warden it was quicker for me to just run along behind them and throw javelins in Assailment (red traited) than it is to mount up. Make it OPTIONAL Turbine, you may not have noticed but for the last 3-4 years since mounted combat came about, you won't have seen anyone begging for MC instances....
    Curious, do you have a first age bridle? Asking because after having a look, noticed you can get a hell of a lot more armour and endurance for your mount (Endurance: 1k from legacy, 2.5k from relics. Armour: 2k?). I've never been interested in MC apart from some lols on the landscape. This type of instance is definitely the wrong place to feature it.

I'm trying to gear up my beorning with a bridle at the moment after having a #### time on tier 1 with a heavy steed (without a bridle). Would literally mount up, horse would get 1/2 shot. I found better luck just waiting for rush to come up and going into bear form, would get a few hits in that way.

I'm surprised with the warden. You couldn't go (mounted) yellow line and proc self heals from your criticals?

I actually enjoyed the mounted combat in this instance (champion). The only thing we did not get recognition for the challenge quest deed.
    Last edited by Marcho_Brandybuck; Apr 19 2016 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    Champions duel. What a great strategy m8
    The best strategy here is not to use a tank at all, just have 2 ranged DPS and a Minstrel kiting everything while spamming heals. Now that's how you undermine intended mechanics.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Marcho_Brandybuck View Post
    I actually enjoyed the mounted combat in this instance (champion).
    Said no Champ ever

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    The best strategy here is not to use a tank at all, just have 2 ranged DPS and a Minstrel kiting everything while spamming heals. Now that's how you undermine intended mechanics.
    The no tank strategy also works for the previous 'mounted combat' section, as TPS is so low.

Not been able to try it, since I get instantaneously dismounted the second I mount up, almost every single time... But can the two bosses be dismounted and then killed on foot? Presumably not...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Not been able to try it, since I get instantaneously dismounted the second I mount up, almost every single time... But can the two bosses be dismounted and then killed on foot? Presumably not...?
    I was able to dismount one of the bosses but the tank said that the damage he does dismounted is greater than when is on horseback. I'm not sure if this is true or not but whatever. I didn't dismount them anymore and we won.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I was able to dismount one of the bosses but the tank said that the damage he does dismounted is greater than when is on horseback. I'm not sure if this is true or not but whatever. I didn't dismount them anymore and we won.
    Damage greater when dismounted? Surprised to hear that, although I haven't actually checked to see if it's the two bosses (mounted) or the adds that are hitting me the hardest, given the opening damage of the two bosses I assumed all along it was them.

I can't imagine they hit *that* much harder unmounted though? And as a Warden, with them mounted and me unable to mount, my DPS and tanking abilities are borderline useless, if I'm taking more damage but dealing 100x as much as I would be with them mounted, it's worth it unless I'm being 1shot.