We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Buffs for Trapper of Foes

Okay, it is clear that at level cap yellow line isn't on par with the other lines.
    Right now, a trap does less damage than a quickshot. And the One Trap is pretty useless as it deals less damage than a swift bow.
    So it needs some buffs/changes. I listed some buffs I think are nice below. Maybe all of these would make the line overpowered, but I doubt it.
    This is partly a compilation of things I saw other people mention, and partly things I thought of myself.

1. Trap damage needs to go up. Preferably make it scale with Physical Mastery. The trap parts suggested by Turbine themselves would be nice too though, and would give a weaponsmith something to do outside crafting LI's.

2. Make Lingering Shot affected by Light and Fire oils.

3. Remove the 10m range from the One Trap - if we want range on our traps, we'll invest in advanced placement.

4. Give the Decoy more hp - it gets defeated by mobs before it ever explodes.

5. Seriously buff explosive arrow. It is just so useless. Maybe double the damages and make it apply full damage to all mobs.

6. The Trap Damage legacy is ridiculously underpowered - make it buff trap damage by 30% or so, not 10%.
    Last edited by Tureaglin; Apr 24 2016 at 09:15 AM.

Agree on the most points, but you shouldn't reduce Trapper of foes damage to trap damage. Dont forget lingering wound. I use it alot ( QS(or SB if it pros), LW, PS ). It does more damage than penetrating shot. My equip isn't the best and I'm still lvl 103 but Lingering wound bleed(Tier 1) does about 1,8k every 2 sec.
    Trap damage legacy is fine as it is. It's as strong as any other damage legay. The problem is the missing scaling with some stat.

Guess we have different Point of fews or playstyles with yellow line. For me traps are more about CC/debuff than damage. What yellow line is missing is a reliable way to apply debuffs from range.

regarding trap scaling: I would prefer scaling with meleedps. This would give our meleeweapon-dps some sense after all.

Things I would change/add:

Wounded Prey: regain 1 focus for every stack of lingering wound consumed.

Complex Mechanisms: change to trap debuff duration + 2/4/6/8/10 sec.

Advanced Placements:
    1 pt : adds 10 sec CD to barbed arrow, but barbed arrow applies piercing trap morale return effect
    2 pts: exploding arrow applies the incoming critical chance debuff like deadly decoy
    3 pts: distrating shot applies triple traps incoming damage debuff (alternatively Heartseeker could apply the debuff, but CD and damage of HS need to be reduced -maybe 30 sec CD and -50% HS-damage)

Rain of thorns rank 2-4 are useless. Maybe change to +10/20/30% damage to AoE skills

Explosive Powder: Increase decoy's health
    Last edited by Tatharil; Apr 25 2016 at 01:15 PM.

Right, buffing debuffs/cc is also a way to improve trapper. However, I'm not sure I agree with all your suggestions. Having diatracting shot apply a debuff makes no sense, as then you'd have to hit the cc'ed target again to make use of it. The cc part of the skill would be rendered useless. (at least, I always use ds to distract one mob while I kill the other). I also still think lingering shot needs to be affected by oils. Now the triple trap's inc d debuff is quite low, so I'd increase it to at least 30%. And let One Trap apply some other debuff to make it useful again. I agree with many of your other suggestions though. I like your suggestion to have traits that improve debuff duration, but I'd rather have it replace armour rend.
    Last edited by Tureaglin; Apr 25 2016 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureaglin View Post
    Having diatracting shot apply a debuff makes no sense, as then you'd have to hit the cc'ed target again to make use of it. The cc part of the skill would be rendered useless. (at least, I always use ds to distract one mob while I kill the other).
    For normal lanscape fights or trash traps are enough cc. Debuff on DS is for moments when we cant walk to the enemy and set a trap: bossfights. I chose DS cause of the CD. Maybe it could be tied to HS, would make sense too.
    HS is quite Long. If it applies the debuff D Needs to be lower, but damage needs to be lowered in exchange too. e.g. Heartseeker applies inc damage debuff. CD reduced to 30 sec, damage reduced by 50%.
    15% inoming damage is ok as we could keep it up most of the time. 30% is too much or duration needs to be lower.

On Armour Rend: Not a big fan of it either, but with the recent avoidence changes it became quite useful, but the value should be increased, maybe 3000 or 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureaglin View Post
    I also still think lingering shot needs to be affected by oils.
    As i wrote in the post above: I agree on most of your ideas. I suggested fire/lightoil on LW in an other thread too.
    Last edited by Tatharil; Apr 25 2016 at 01:17 PM.