We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Featured Instance Gear

Hey all!
    Is anyone a fan of the two slot essence gear? I had it drop but I don't feel like it is worth it... is anyone using this gear?
    Thanks,
    Rimenuir

Got 4 pieces of the 2 slot on 3 toons, and a few 2 slot jewels, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on my lvl100 gear and BB jewels so far even with T8 Supreme essences on them, so sitting in storage atm.
    Spent last 3 days farming the 4 slot, but no luck so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Got 4 pieces of the 2 slot on 3 toons, and a few 2 slot jewels, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade on my lvl100 gear and BB jewels so far even with T8 Supreme essences on them, so sitting in storage atm.
    Spent last 3 days farming the 4 slot, but no luck so far.
    Yea, seems like its going to be a pain. Good luck mate

IIRC it is -1447 phys/tac mit debuff on the set, same as the gonathradir set from ToO.

Going 2 Pelennor and 4 Osgi for Aed. So far got 1 Pelennor (x2) and 3 Osgi. The only class 2-slot set bonus I can see being any good is the minnie one (Inspire Fellows stacking).

Separately, keeping the BB crit set is a no-brainer. What do people think about the earring/neck set for induction damage vs new slotted 105 jewels? I suspect (a) has a bit more DPS while (b) gives you more survivability, needed for stuff like Harlond.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedfrith View Post

Separately, keeping the BB crit set is a no-brainer.
    Debatable. Still getting 40%+ crit per boss fight with hilt + two new rings, in STR. The buff's good, but i've never been entirely convinced because of the 30 sec cooldown. Haven't quite decided on this one.

As far as the 2-slot goes, I'm thinking 2 pieces for +10% run speed, 4 Faramir, full morale, yellow line, moors

So...I got 6 pieces of the 4-Slot gear. It's much better than the other one. With that gear you have the opportunity to get the max. damage out of your hunter, of course in combination with the new bracelets and the necklace from the Osgiliath instances AND the new rings, which you get from the featured instances.

In my oppinion you should better try another gear than the 2-slot. Unless it's important to you to be faster.. so you can better run away :P

From my calculations with T7 essences, if you're comparing it to the 4 slot Nadhin, the 2 slot gear should come out a little bit ahead. This assumes that you value a mix of agility/phys mastery rather than pure physical mastery though, and I haven't bothered to recheck the calculation with T8, since that requires a lot of solvents/recipes/etc.. It also has the benefit of not requiring as many total essences. If you're minmaxing everything and have the gold/patience to get the best, it's probably not the best option though. For me where I don't have the latest quest pack, nor the willingness to get all T8 supreme essences, the 2 slot is a decent option, with the 10% speed boost as an extra benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Semarun View Post
    So...I got 6 pieces of the 4-Slot gear. It's much better than the other one. With that gear you have the opportunity to get the max. damage out of your hunter, of course in combination with the new bracelets and the necklace from the Osgiliath instances AND the new rings, which you get from the featured instances.

In my oppinion you should better try another gear than the 2-slot. Unless it's important to you to be faster.. so you can better run away :P