We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdinanda View Post
    Oh, I hope the developer wizards can find a solution for this. It's been a problem for theater audiences, too-- people have to stand up and walk up to the action, which is a distraction. Even when we did tests as people were finding their seats, sometimes the bug would happen to them, due to movement of the actors.

You can see people realizing that they have the bug and trying to cure it, around 1:39 and at various other times...
    Yay! I've been looking for that video! Thank you Mornawen!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Throwing my voice in this thread.
    <rant>
    Yes, this is a problem. Yes, it has been around for YEARS. Yes, it was on the list of things that players requested to fix when Turbine asked us for our top 10 bugs. The fact that Turbine claimed they didn't know about it is absurd. This is why players think Turbine doesn't play and/or test your own game.
    </rant>

+Arbor, please help get this fixed!
    Member of The Lonely Mountain Band!
    Sullo - 130 Hunter; Hadforod - 125 Champ

Just trying to keep this on the front page... I wonder if our friendly QA tree has found out any more about it. Since we're thinking of staging theatrical revivals and premiers this summer, in addition to Weatherstock, it's not a moot question.
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

Hey!

Don't let the ./say bug be forgotten!

Can we expect it could be fixed for Update 18.2 ?

RAWWWWWeatherstock 8 is coming!

./toasts

Zed'

Quote Originally Posted by zedrock View Post
    Hey!

Don't let the ./say bug be forgotten!

Can we expect it could be fixed for Update 18.2 ?

RAWWWWWeatherstock 8 is coming!

./toasts

Zed'
    *tried to type a positive response agreeing with this post but it wasn't seen due to the /say bug
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

There was a perfect example yesterday on Belegaer when Die Mondbarden played their concert. Sadly I think many have given up reporting the issues with say-chat.
    How loud do we have to shout before we see any changes?

Sev of Instant Play

/Say bug

There were many times I had this bug during Shirefest this past weekend. I didn't report it, because I was too busy being a vendor and playing music. It needs to be fixed. I couldn't hear the lyrics being sung by another member of my own band. Can't move while playing music, nor do I have time to submit a bug report at that time.

Cheggra/Dassa/Omali

This bug drove me crazy during Shirefest. The bands were using some clever very clever lyrics, but I couldn't hear far too many of them. I often couldn't even put out announcements about how to deal with missing lyrics because I didn't know what I was missing!

One band leader missed a cue to come on stage even though he was pretty close to our emcee. Another person didn't know that I was calling her name. People could log in and out to fix it or walk close to the band, but the former makes you miss some of the action and the latter can get you a little too close to it. We use a custom chat channel to try and circumvent some of these issues and tell them about those quick fixes, but it's hard to tell people about this channel if they don't get the message in say to begin with.

I hope and believe that this will be a thing of the past once Shirefest 4 and Weatherstock 9 come around.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.co m & crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.c om
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    Sundays at 6pm: Roving Threats Tour
    Wednesdays at 8pm: Tunes & Ales around Eriador
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday at a concert people were commenting about the lyrics but I didn't see any lyrics so I walked in front of the band and suddenly I could see them, but the few seconds it took me to go back to where I was standing I got the say bug again and the lyrics disappeared and I had to go bother the band and the livestreamer again by walking right in front of them!

I really hope this can be fixed soon. I feel that social bugs should be top priority since it's very hard to communicate when you can never know if people see what you say or not. Are you being ignored or is it just the say bug? You can't tell.

Please put this bug as high up in the fix-me-pile as possible
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I was playing in a hobbit band at Shirefest. Sometimes I couldn't see/hear what my fellow bandmembers were singing. Before and after we performed, I missed lots of what other bands were singing and had to walk repeatedly up to them to reactivate the lyrics. It seems worse now than ever.

In my Dwarf band, we rely heavily on lyrics - all our songs have lyrics. What this 'say' bug will do to our Weatherstock show I don't even want to think about. I VERY rarely post here with complaints, but this is really annoying!

Thrandili, The Rolling Kegs
    Doc Marping, Brandywine and Biscuits

I had some real trouble with this at Crickhollow's Shirefest as well. With one particular band I ran up to the front at the start of their show, could see what they were saying as I ran by, and by the time I got back to my spot in the crowd, the bug was back in effect. I tried again during a song I knew had lyrics, ran behind them and could see the chat bubbles over their heads, but when I got back to the crowd they'd again disappeared. I stopped trying because it gets a bit embarrassing constantly having to walk up and back, and it didn't seem to be working for me anyway.

But at the Weatherstock Concert Series show this past Saturday, I didn't even have to approach the stage when I got there to see the chat bubbles, and they were fine for me the whole show. I could see people walking up to the front as if they were having the bug, and they were the same distance from the stage as I was. It's really weird and inconsistent, and, as has already been said lots of times, such a shame for the bands who put so much effort into their lyrics. I'd also love to see this fixed!
    Araewenel, Elimraen, Celebnel, @AraeElimraen

Now that the new raid has been released, are there any developers working on this?
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

... sink into the abyss...

Hem, this IMPORTANT thread need to be dug up. Me Dorf Powa^^

./drink ./burp and... UP!

A singular comment where Hal' share with us a new point of view and new informations about the say bug, down to the page : Lina's Biscuity Burrow : Time to address the LOTRO /say bug, Turbine

./toasts

Zed'Against The Say Bug'Rock

# Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho #
    # It's home from work we go #

# I dig dig dig dig dig dig dig #

./Whistle

A little up for this thread!

I hope you could fix this ./say bug.

./toasts

Zed'

Angry

# Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho #
    # It's home from work we go #

# I dig dig dig dig dig dig dig #

./Whistle

A little up for this thread!

Any news about a fix for 2017 against this very annoying social bug that makes me speak in a vacuum when I say 'heigh-ho' to my close friends in general say channel ?
    Because of that bug, I look like an as-s-ocial dwarf!

Remember to take a look here for a good description of the bug and its impact on Music, Social and any RPs communities : Time to Adress the lotro /say bug

./toasts

Zed'
    Last edited by zedrock; Jan 11 2017 at 08:22 PM.

Yes, please please please make this bug a priority!

Misunderstandings happen due to this bug. People talk to to you but you don't see it so they think you are ignoring them

The /say bug

The /say bug has been a problem for years. I would have thought it would have gotten fixed by now. Today, it seemed worse than ever. I would see the lyrics or speech when up close but every time I walked away, I would lose it. And I was only about 15 meters away! Lots of great lyrics are missed! The only reason I knew what I was missing was because it was showing up on the live stream, but the videographers are right there in the front! Please Standing Stone Games, fix this problem!

Lomplo_of_the_Stoors is offline Poutine' best friend
    Defender of mousies
    Had that reoccurring problem at Winterstock; had the bug, went to the band, went far enough so I could summon my pet, came back to the band, still had that bug.

Now what I'll say is just a shot in the dark, but it seems the "say" has a region, like an area where one can detect it; it seems the problem is when someone gets into that region and the detection is not made by the system; as if the "say" is activated when you get in a 20m range (for example), but that detection never gets activated, and since you're already in that region that trigger ain't activated a second time.

Don't know if that made any sense to someone xD
    From Quebec with love

I support that it should be fixed on list of bugs, and soon
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

There are times when I am standing within 4-5 steps of another character and can't hear what they are /saying. I've had characters standing next to me, /say something... move 7-8 paces away and turn to /say something and I can no longer hear them. But, at the same time I am 'hearing' folks who are far away from me. It makes no sense at all.

From my experience the ONLY tie in to proximity is that usually if it is a band, I can walk up close to them and the /say will start showing up. But even then, on some few occasions, by the time I got back to where I was (not outside the circle where the /say should be visible), it went away and I had to do another walk by to 'hear' it again.

Some have suggested just use /yell or /rp instead.. but there is so much 'noise' on chat channels (story long or numerous emotes, others using /say, kin chat and any other chats you subscribe to) that RP text gets lost. I depend on text bubbles over their heads to follow what they are saying.

Years ago, this was never an issue and now, it is quite frequent. Would be nice if it could be fixed... but I'm guessing that nailing down the cause is elusive and if they can't find the cause, they can't fix it.
    "Pink makes EVERYTHING better! Cept Orcs or gobbies. Nothin' can make them better!"
    Tearna Quickfoot, Hobbit minstrel on Landroval
    Lonely Mountain Band

Yes, please fix this if you can.

Not world breaking, but the social aspects of the game are what keep many of us coming back year after year even though we dislike the game play.

It is very important to us!

For me its like the chicken and egg thing. I been wanting the say bug fixed and I been wanting a hobby horse....I just wonder which will come first......if ever...
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

Hello there,
    Please, could you fix this bug ?
    Thank you very much !

/world if you don't see our request, take a walk near us to try to fix the /say bug !

According to Cordovan's LOTRO stream today, this bug is due to be fixed in Update 19.3, coming early February, being tested this weekend on Bullroarer. The range of /say chat will also be increased.

Fingers crossed the fix works!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Yes, we are aiming to fix this bug for 19.3. People should be able to check this out on Bullroarer tomorrow through the weekend. We're also increasing the distance of it from 15 to 25 meters (on the livestream I said feet, but was incorrect.)
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast