We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

18.2 raid armour sets

New armour has been added to the database with the latest patch, safe to assume those're gonna be the new raid sets.

Yeah the bonuses might change. Probably won't though. The dream of having a slotted heart seeker set is over.

Thoughts?

EDIT: RED BONUSES WERE CHANGED FOR BR BUILD REJOICE
    Last edited by icefriend; Jun 15 2016 at 07:06 PM.

Gear we don't have to grind!

Wasn't really expecting much for yellow and blue :P
    Slotted hs would help close the ever increasing dps gap b/w classes...can't have that...

Idk about the set bonuses, but it seems like the amount of mastery possible with this armor would be quite significant vs any other 105 armor.

Heartseeker bonus looks nice, its deficient though due to lack of audacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Idk about the set bonuses, but it seems like the amount of mastery possible with this armor would be quite significant vs any other 105 armor.
    I really doubt they're gonna keep the main stat at +426, that seems way too high. like mastery-cap-raid-builds high.

Anyway, after dropping a gentle hint about the usefulness of the HS set on Mr Edgecase's head, I actually heard back from him saying that a certain number of sets is going to be changed. So maybe there's still hope, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Heartseeker bonus looks nice, its deficient though due to lack of audacity.
    Not really. You'd probably still prefer +10% ranged bonus as far as 2 pieces go.

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post

Not really. You'd probably still prefer +10% ranged bonus as far as 2 pieces go.
    If it had audacity yes but that set doesnt have it either. Audacity (per the tool tip, been a while since I played my hunter in the moors) affects ranged damage as I recall. I think it was +25% ranged damage for max aud, taking aud pieces off reduces that number so Im guessing it might net or be a slight gain but you loose other aud bonuses.

Id like to have pvp armor set options like in PVE, like we used to have.

If it had audacity yes but that set doesnt have it either. Audacity (per the tool tip, been a while since I played my hunter in the moors) affects ranged damage as I recall. I think it was +25% ranged damage for max aud, taking aud pieces off reduces that number so Im guessing it might net or be a slight gain but you loose other aud bonuses.

Let's be real, we'll be lucky if they manage to scale current pvmp armour to 105, i highly doubt new audacity sets are anywhere near turbine's plans.

How do we get this armor set?

Let's be real, we'll be lucky if they manage to scale current pvmp armour to 105, i highly doubt new audacity sets are anywhere near turbine's plans.
    It would be nice if we got the current set bonus's in the moors with audacity on them, less one essence slot. Hunters could use a boost for PVP.

But point conceded Icefriend, cheers

Given how the scaling tends to work, stacking full audacity is probably not going to be worth it.

I feel like hunters would get 90% of the boost they need if they just fixed up the DPS disparities in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Constrictions View Post
    Given how the scaling tends to work, stacking full audacity is probably not going to be worth it.

I feel like hunters would get 90% of the boost they need if they just fixed up the DPS disparities in PvE.
    Im not exactly up to speed on the current moors hunter but prior in my blue line builds I could have near 6K agil, 30K morale and mits capped. Resistance was an issue but I built the toon for U17 to be defensive without losing its sustained DPS. Aud ranged damage bonus was nice to have and dropping two pieces now would net you a -9% loss in ranged damage. The new sets have the 10% and the extra essence slot but Im not grinding that out to test. If i went by the tool tips the extra essence is the key as thats a free slot for resistance or more agility and a 105 essence to boot.

Either way the grind is prohibitive but a heartseeker bonus? That i might grind for to have in my bag of tricks. Im all eyes for other build suggestions, hunter still interests me to a degree I find it a challenge to play well. Simple class to learn, hard class to master in the moors unless you raid up constantly.

beast which server u on atm???

It's... It's beautiful

It's... It's beautiful
    this made me happy. Thank you for what you did.
    Finally a good off-hand..been awhile

that 4 bowmaster/2 hunts build looks great!
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jun 15 2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post

Thank Mr. Edgecase! (although deep down i like to think i'm at least partially responsible )

Is the blue 2 piece bonus good enough though? with bodkin arrows and breach-finders i haven't been traiting true shot at all lately in favour of roa

(also, a minor worry - true shot description says "-% target mitigation" whereas the new set bonus says "+% target mitigation". There was (is?) a bug with a mini resistance legacy where echoes of battle actually added 4800 resistance to a target, most likely because the bonus said "+" instead of "-". Hope it's not gonna be a repeat of that lol)

A new hunter book with an essence slot, is that still a historian craftable item or is it a drop from the raid?

A new hunter book with an essence slot, is that still a historian craftable item or is it a drop from the raid?
    Bind on Aqcuire...

Looks like it

exchanged for a class item token

It is good that the Bowmaster raid armour was changed, it gives a chance for Hunters to not fall too far behind other dps classes (except Rune-Keepers and Wardens of course).

Glad that the dev team listened to the feedback

Yet I still believe that this cooldown reset / instant cast proc should be put in a trait in the red line (additional rank of In For The Kill or replacing Plant Feet) and the armour bonus replaced by something that benefits the entire fellowship like a debuff proc on the target. But I'm getting carried away

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post

Would the pen shot mitigation actually be better than the current +10% ranged damage bonus?

It's... It's beautiful
    Since when are shoulders used as a chest plate?

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Would the pen shot mitigation actually be better than the current +10% ranged damage bonus?
    Depends on the content you are playing. For highly mitigating enemies it will be worth it since the +10% actually only adds to the mastery so its barely a true 2-3% increase. If you spam pen shot on those enemies you'll get more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Can't see how that would be the case. 10% dmg overall, over penetration of 1 skill even if its spammable.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Quote Originally Posted by HebnesO View Post
    Can't see how that would be the case. 10% dmg overall, over penetration of 1 skill even if its spammable.
    its not +10% damage overall. its just +10% damage by mastery, where you should be at 250% or something like that anyway. so its 360/350= +2.9% or something like that more likely.
    15 less mitigation can be an increase of more than 20% real damage for a skill. lets just assume, you hit an enemy with 40% mitigations. normally, you hit for 100-40=60. with penetration, you hit for 100-25=75, so increase of 25%.
    if its something like more than 20% more damage for penshot, penshot only has to deal more than 15% of your whole damage... which i think it does, to make this bonus much better than +10% damage by mastery.

on the other hand: if you are in a raidsituation and you have lots of mitigationdebuffs on the enemy, its mitigations may already be lowered to 0%.
    afaik, mitigations cant be lower than 0%, therefore, your penshotpenetration wont do anything in this situation.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Only question I have for now is how hard is it gonna be to assemble the set? Is each boss gonna drop a piece? One piece per completed raid? Full RNG? etc.........

Really not looking forward to a Pel style grind for the pieces if that's how they are to be acquired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast