We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Questions regarding legacies - blue and yellow tree

Title says all, but some clarification. I'm going to list 8 or 9 legacies for the MH and Tools LI's. Could someone kindly inform me of which legacies to exclude, or include if you deem an important one is missing?

Starting with Blue-line, MH:
    1. Burglar Bleed Damage
    2. Cunning Attack Bleed Damage
    3. Harmful Gamble Damage
    4. Lucky Strike Damage
    5. Subtle Stab Damage Multiplier
    6. Subtle Stab Crit Multiplier
    7.Critical Response Skill Damage
    8. Critical Chain Skills Crit Multiplier

Burglar Tools:
    1. All-In Damage
    2. Positional Damage
    3. Reveal Weakness Damage Debuff
    4. Skills Critical Multiplier
    5. Crit Chain Crit Rating
    6. DitE Miss Chance
    7. Gamble Chance? idk
    8. Off-hand Crit Chance? idk

Will include my considerations on yellow-line legacies in a separate reply.

Please add your thoughts, considerations, and reasoning.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Yellow-line Legacies - Main Hand:
    1.A Small Snag Damage
    2. Burglar Bleed Damage
    3. Cunning Attack Bleed Damage
    4. Crit Chain Critical Multiplier
    5. Trick and Trick Removal Damage
    7. Subtle Stab Damage Multiplier
    8. Crit Response Skill Damage

Burglar Tools:
    1. Clever Retort Damage and Heal
    2. DitE Miss Chance
    3. Mischievous Glee Healing
    4. Reveal Weakness Damage Debuff
    5. Trick Resistance Penetration
    6. Skills Crit Multiplier
    7. Crit Chain Skills Rating? idk
    8. Sneak Movement Speed? idk
    9. Addle Tactical Damage Debuff perhaps?

Also screenshots of builds/LI's would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Title says all, but some clarification. I'm going to list 8 or 9 legacies for the MH and Tools LI's. Could someone kindly inform me of which legacies to exclude, or include if you deem an important one is missing?

Starting with Blue-line, MH:
    1. Burglar Bleed Damage
    2. Cunning Attack Bleed Damage
    3. Harmful Gamble Damage
    4. Lucky Strike Damage
    5. Subtle Stab Damage Multiplier
    7.Critical Response Skill Damage
    8. Critical Chain Skills Crit Multiplier

Burglar Tools:
    1. All-In Damage
    2. Positional Damage
    3. Reveal Weakness Damage Debuff
    4. Skills Critical Multiplier
    5. Crit Chain Crit Rating
    6. DitE Miss Chance
    7. Gamble Chance? idk
    8. Off-hand Crit Chance? idk

1.A Small Snag Damage
    2. Burglar Bleed Damage
    3. Cunning Attack Bleed Damage
    4. Crit Chain Critical Multiplier
    5. Trick and Trick Removal Damage
    7. Subtle Stab Damage Multiplier
    8. Crit Response Skill Damage

Burglar Tools:
    1. Clever Retort Damage and Heal
    2. DitE Miss Chance
    3. Mischievous Glee Healing
    4. Reveal Weakness Damage Debuff
    5. Trick Resistance Penetration
    6. Skills Crit Multiplier
    7. Crit Chain Skills Rating? idk
    8. Sneak Movement Speed? idk
    9. Addle Tactical Damage Debuff perhaps?
    Blue-line, MH:
    All good, if I had to drop one I guess it'd be one of the subtle stab legacies or CA bleed damage. If you have a good rotation that uses subtle stab a lot and don't try to stack CA, then drop CA. If you try to stack CA bleeds, probably drop one of the subtle stabs. They're worth about the same imo, but many will say Subtle stab damage > crit mult.

Tools:
    Drop Crit Chain Crit Rating and Off-Hand Crit Rating (it's rating not chance). Both don't do anything as I assume you have capped crit rating.

Maybe drop crit chain crit mult and damage? Depends on how you trait, but if you've only got double edged strike and gamblers advantage as your crit chain skills in yellow, then those legacies aren't as useful. If you trait yellow but deep into blue or red to get exposed throat or flashing blades, then it'd be more worthwhile.

Tools:
    Drop Sneak movement for sure: in yellow your stealth speed is already slow... no reason to stealth in yellow anyway. If you have high finesse, Trick resistance penetration probably isn't very useful. Drop crit chain skills rating for the same reason as before.

Also, agility is usually a good stat legacy to have, especially now with the linear mastery->damage contribution.

Ah I had forgotten about the Stat Legacies, I'll take that into consideration. Maybe Vit while in Yellow-line.

I was using the legacy info on the wiki, I assumed some of might be incorrect.

Crit chain Damage + Multiplier should still affect Quite a Snag, so I was wondering if it might be useful. Still haven't accumulated all the trait points to see if I can reach flashing blade or exposed throat yet.

Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Ah I had forgotten about the Stat Legacies, I'll take that into consideration. Maybe Vit while in Yellow-line.

I was using the legacy info on the wiki, I assumed some of might be incorrect.

Crit chain Damage + Multiplier should still affect Quite a Snag, so I was wondering if it might be useful. Still haven't accumulated all the trait points to see if I can reach flashing blade or exposed throat yet.

Thanks for the input!
    I'd go agility even in Yellow. Every point of agility also gives 5 tactical mastery points as well, which helps with outgoing healing.

Similarly, whats a good armor set for a Gambler to shoot for? The Osg Gambler set looks like it might be promising, or should I be going for the Pellenor/FI class armor regardless of the useless set bonuses?

Or the grindy MT slotted medium armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt86 View Post
    Yellow:

Tools:
    If you have high finesse, Trick resistance penetration probably isn't very useful.
    [/COLOR]
    The imbued legacy starts as trick duration and the resistance penetration only kicks in after you get to +15 sec trick duration, so I would think this is a must have in yellow
    Last edited by Mohanadan; Aug 14 2016 at 05:11 AM.

In Yellow (with 3 ranks of Playful Mind trait) tricks last 24s without the duration legacy & the trick application cd is only 5 seconds. And half the time you remove the trick as soon as you apply it, so I never found the Trick Duration legacy to be very compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwynn View Post
    In Yellow (with 3 ranks of Playful Mind trait) tricks last 24s without the duration legacy & the trick application cd is only 5 seconds. And half the time you remove the trick as soon as you apply it, so I never found the Trick Duration legacy to be very compelling.
    It's very useful for keeping 2 tricks basically permanently on a target with Trickster.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

I was testing the provoke critical chance debuff to see if the riddle range+ provoke crit chance legacy might be worth using for a mischief weapon. When I sparred my alt he got the - crit chance debuff icon but according to the tooltip on his character screen his critical chance remained exactly the same. Anyone know if this debuff and/or the legacy is actually working? His crit rating was not overcapped either, so that doesn't explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    I was testing the provoke critical chance debuff to see if the riddle range+ provoke crit chance legacy might be worth using for a mischief weapon. When I sparred my alt he got the - crit chance debuff icon but according to the tooltip on his character screen his critical chance remained exactly the same. Anyone know if this debuff and/or the legacy is actually working? His crit rating was not overcapped either, so that doesn't explain it.
    Doesn't work. Never did. Since 3 years.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

[edit] never mind.

More words.

i have made my yellow tools some time ago and i have:
    Skills critical multiplier
    Dust in the eyes miss chance
    Reveal weakness incoming dmg
    Clever retort
    Ticks duration (with tricks resistance penetration)
    Addle tactical dmg debuff
    Mischievous glee healing

from perspective of playing yellow in raid i would say you need: reveal weakness incoming dmg, tricks duration, addle, skills critical multiplier
    your first priority in yellow should be keeping 2 tricks up on mob always, you can do that more less with 39s duration and 45s cd on trickster

i was playing with healing a bit before, until i asked someone to show his healing from combat analyser, it was 200 hps with maxed tools and using stuff every cd, true i wans't running with high agility, but in raid you usually cant run with 20k hp, i dont think using clever retort and glee will heal increased dmg ppl will take when debuffs are not on

Crit chain skills rating is useless, first you have crit capped so it will give you a bit of crit multiplier, second its only pre imbued
    Dust in the eyes i usually put on just to use startling twist, so its not very useful,for trash maybe
    Sneak movement speed - stealth and yellow dont mix together well, you are slow anyway and you just dont use it often

i think positional dmg there would be better, agility

main hand:
    riddle range is nice, but it would be better on swaper, i use it on weapon for gamber, swaped from agility

very usefull are:
    Burglar bleed dmg
    Cunning attack bleed dmge
    Crit chain critical multiplier
    Crit response skill damage

usually your dmg is useless, but if it matter, those 4 will give you most, and yellow should be with red for Vital points (inc cirt dmg debuff) so you can get flashing blades (i skip complicated terms, counter defence, complicated terms, comedic timing, self adulation and clever retort in yellow)

on top of that subtle stab(both) and quite a sang seem nice, maybe trick dmg