We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Creepside crit defense

Someone had mentioned that this is broken. (i.e., "Critical Protection Boost")
    I had heard that resistance was broken some time ago, but this was the first time I had heard about crit defense not working.

Are they right? Are they both broken?

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    I had heard that resistance was broken some time ago, but this was the first time I had heard about crit defense not working.

They are both broken, creeps are being face rolled basically on all servers at this point its a 24/7 grams camp.

It is not broken. Learn to test.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    They are both broken, creeps are being face rolled basically on all servers at this point its a 24/7 grams camp.
    not true for landroval, theres half the day a gv camp, cause a lot of casual freeps are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post
    not true for landroval, theres half the day a gv camp, cause a lot of casual freeps are pathetic.
    No its true everywhere, if you have read my posts in the past you know everything I say is 100% serious and 100% accurate.

Creeps are in a bad spot, just look at all the QQ on the creep sub forum.

No its true everywhere, if you have read my posts in the past you know everything I say is 100% serious and 100% accurate.

Creeps are in a bad spot, just look at all the QQ on the creep sub forum.
    good freeps are superior to creeps without any doubt currently. however that doesnt change the fact, that it is still a gv camp for named reason.

good freeps are superior to creeps without any doubt currently. however that doesnt change the fact, that it is still a gv camp for named reason.
    LOL Troll time ?

It is GV camp because those moron creeps just stack heals. And basicly 5 ungrouped idiot freeps camping themselves at GV can not kill 10 defilers / WL waiting they go out of oneshoters

Quote Originally Posted by Assasiny View Post
    LOL Troll time ?

It is GV camp because those moron creeps just stack heals. And basicly 5 ungrouped idiot freeps camping themselves at GV can not kill 10 defilers / WL waiting they go out of oneshoters
    The truth is, before the Host/Bolstered group is getting out, there are several, up to 10 pathetic freeps (all solo, cause you know casuals hate to do group stuff) including 3-4 healers, getting camped by on average 6 creeps. Sometimes even less and with max 2 healers, sometimes even none healer at all.

Bad creeps on defilers and spiders are superior to good freeps most of the time because of the ratios. Lotro has been watered down to the point we are all mediocre, any hack can log on a defiler and spam heals and the fraids out of luck as he is the 7th one.

Now get them in a controlled environment like an arena ? Freeps will win almost every time but Turbine a few updates ago did for defiler what they did for mini's. A mediocre Defiler should be able to solo most freeps now.

Then again, I have very little experience in LOTRO I am here to meet people, do festivals and get housing items.

Do you think now that we have mail on creepside they'll do housing too?

This was a much more useful response than usual folks. Thanks.

I am here to meet people, do festivals and get housing items.
    It is known

This was a much more useful response than usual folks. Thanks.

It is known
    And here I thought you would be thanking me for breathing life into your thread instead of watching it die a lonely death.

The colored font is so 2013, you have to move on.

pre sure crit D does nothing and is useless with freeps big critical multipliers

Creep critical defence reduces incoming crit CHANCE AND magnitude - it operates as it did before the change ; Freep critical defence reduces incoming magnitude only.

If you don't believe me, try it for your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    pre sure crit D does nothing and is useless with freeps big critical multipliers
    Ever taken a 6k vital target to the face with 65% freep crit defence?

good geared freeps are OP 1v1 because the moors instance is built for raids. creep/freep zergs are WAI.crying about 1v1 imbalance is irrelevant. sorry its just the way it is with Turbine and their PvMP instance.

16. Jun 11 2016, 12:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Senatus View Post
    You managed to catch my exact response when I seen your defiler fail to keep a 50% up-time on Efflorescence that day. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    good geared freeps are OP 1v1 because the moors instance is built for raids. creep/freep zergs are WAI.crying about 1v1 imbalance is irrelevant. sorry its just the way it is with Turbine and their PvMP instance.

Well yes, and its been that way for years but you coming in now in 2016 with a simplistic factual statement that should suffice to end the matter isnt helpful. You are ruining most others efforts to prove how stupid they are by complaining about the moors.

Please dont wreck it like this in the future, the game is coming to an end soon anyway. Some of us would like to extract the last bits of entertainment out of it while we can.

There's more purple in this screenshot than there was at Prince's Funeral, I wonder if its broken.

When I shout why do my numbers not reach the Bull malarkie these numbers have reached against a warleader who is suppose to have the most mitigation/armor of creepside? Let alone a R15 who has played your **** game for the past 9 years? of all those 9 years i have yet to hit a freep fully geared on level for past 2k. Why should they be able to devastate for so much more than me?
    Last edited by freaker; Jun 13 2016 at 04:47 AM.
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

It's not broken.

The 'Critical Protection Boost' corruption traits boosts your 'Critical Defence' stat. This stat does not (anymore) reduce the chance that an enemy has to get a critical or devastating hit on you. It reduces, as far as I am aware, the magnitude multiplier of the damage done by those critical and devastating attacks (I'm unsure of the exact percentage or how the maths works here, but I believe this is the general gist of it). Basically, you will take less damage from critical/devastating attacks than you otherwise would. The reason why most players don't use these corruptions is because the damage reduction is better from the Physical/Tactical mitigations, i.e. with 3 Tactical Mitigations you will get a bigger damage reduction across the board from tactical attacks (normal/critical/devastating) than you would from 3 Critical Protection Boost corruptions. Of course, you won't get a damage reduction on physical attacks from those 3 Tactical Mitigations, so maybe the 3 Critical Protection boosts would serve you better in terms of getting a flat reduction to both damage types, but I rarely find this to be the case. All of this is based on some testing I did a while ago (back on Brandywine) and the numbers may have changed since then, I unfortunately lost the records of my tests when I built a new PC.

If you really wanted to test this, get a friend with on a physical damage and tactical damage Freep and get them to test it with you. Just be sure to control all of the variables (make sure the OPs are even, they have temporary buffs, they use the same skills, wear the same gear, etc.).

~Ushrak.

Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post

There's more purple in this screenshot than there was at Prince's Funeral, I wonder if its broken.

When I shout why do my numbers not reach the Bull malarkie these numbers have reached against a warleader who is suppose to have the most mitigation/armor of creepside? Let alone a R15 who has played your **** game for the past 9 years? of all those 9 years i have yet to hit a freep fully geared on level for past 2k. Why should they be able to devastate for so much more than me?
    For someone who has played this game for the past nine years, you've got an awfully bad knowledge of the game.

It doesn't really matter if you're a Rank 0 or a Rank 15, aside for the passive health/dmg/Finesse. If you get debuffed, incoming dmg boosts on you and decent damagedealers hitting you, you're going down.

Have you tried hitting a fully debuffed Freep for comparison..? % health wise, you can reach decent numbers.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaLoco View Post
    It's not broken.

The 'Critical Protection Boost' corruption traits boosts your 'Critical Defence' stat. This stat does not (anymore) reduce the chance that an enemy has to get a critical or devastating hit on you. It reduces, as far as I am aware, the magnitude multiplier of the damage done by those critical and devastating attacks (I'm unsure of the exact percentage or how the maths works here, but I believe this is the general gist of it). Basically, you will take less damage from critical/devastating attacks than you otherwise would. The reason why most players don't use these corruptions is because the damage reduction is better from the Physical/Tactical mitigations, i.e. with 3 Tactical Mitigations you will get a bigger damage reduction across the board from tactical attacks (normal/critical/devastating) than you would from 3 Critical Protection Boost corruptions. Of course, you won't get a damage reduction on physical attacks from those 3 Tactical Mitigations, so maybe the 3 Critical Protection boosts would serve you better in terms of getting a flat reduction to both damage types, but I rarely find this to be the case. All of this is based on some testing I did a while ago (back on Brandywine) and the numbers may have changed since then, I unfortunately lost the records of my tests when I built a new PC.

If you really wanted to test this, get a friend with on a physical damage and tactical damage Freep and get them to test it with you. Just be sure to control all of the variables (make sure the OPs are even, they have temporary buffs, they use the same skills, wear the same gear, etc.).

~Ushrak.
    Thankyou Professor.

Now can you explain what the post was really addressing, I believe it was questioning the fact that all those crits/devs are so magnificently humungous (as a freep toon user we all light up a smoke after hitting crits like that right?).

Crit D is not broken.

Properly testing this proves it.

To the guy showing a sea of heavily buffed incoming devs: for someone who's played for "9 years" you're not even aware that Crit D reduces incoming critical damage, not the chances for incoming attacks to crit? Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Crit D is not broken.

you're not even aware that Crit D reduces incoming critical damage, not the chances for incoming attacks to crit? Phew.
    Me and a few mates have done some superficial tests (I don't have any numbers) that showed that creepside critical defence also reduces the chance for incoming attacks to crit, as per the old function. I posted in OOC at the time and numerous other people said they had seen the same results.

If anyone could in fact do some tests, then that would be helpful...

Try a spar with a warg that has no crit d slotted, vesus one that has all slotted...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTamer View Post
    Now can you explain what the post was really addressing, I believe it was questioning the fact that all those crits/devs are so magnificently humungous (as a freep toon user we all light up a smoke after hitting crits like that right?).
    I believe I did. The original post is as below:

I answered that, Critical Protection Boost is not broken and I explained that with reference to how it seems to function in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Celembar View Post
    Me and a few mates have done some superficial tests (I don't have any numbers) that showed that creepside critical defence also reduces the chance for incoming attacks to crit, as per the old function. I posted in OOC at the time and numerous other people said they had seen the same results.

If anyone could in fact do some tests, then that would be helpful...

Try a spar with a warg that has no crit d slotted, vesus one that has all slotted...
    Trouble is to do tests on the chance you'd need a very high sample size to get any meaningful data (lots and lots of tests), if anyone does this I'd be curious to see the results. When I did testing to compare the damage reduction between critical defence and mitigations, I didn't notice any increase/decrease in the Freep's critical chance when using none, 3 or 6 critical protection boost traits. However, I wasn't specifically testing for that so maybe I just didn't notice it. Suffice it to say that if it does make any difference to critical chance, it wasn't so obviously large that I noticed it.

~Ushrak.

Quote Originally Posted by Senatus View Post

thats exactly my face right now. 1 defiler, 1 Spider, 1 warg and 1 BA camping gv, freeps get 10 to finally push the 4 creeps. Once the last creep died near 3 step rock all 10 run back to gv. And now its your turn.

27. Jun 16 2016, 02:58 AM
    Reason
    want to see what this does :P