We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Suggestions for casual solo imbued legacies

Hi all,
    I should have investigated it much earlier, but ... better late than never.

I would like to have some recommendation for which legacies would be better for casual solo play-stile.

At the moment for my bow I have:

As preliminary thought, I am thinking to lose both the Induction and Focus power costs since most outdoor mobs are dying after just few shots and since I am often using food with morale/power regen (mainly for the in-combat morale regen since I found myself too squishy) I usually end combat with still more than 95% of power. Due to the mobs dying too quickly I am not sure of the damage over time too.

As for the melee weapon, I still have to imbue it (I will do it after I maxed the bow). At the moment I have:

My spec is Bowmaster and I usually play in Strength stance.

As I mentioned I usually play solo and very casual. I usually don't play BB, instances, skirmishes, etc. unless required by the main quest (and in that case I just play them once just for it) and I don't do PVP.

Any suggestion?

Thank in advance.

I would agree with dropping the power reduction legacies, there are less 'costly' ways of addressing power. If you're definitely going to stick with red, I would also drop the trap and damage over time legacies. Drop the desperate flight cooldown legacy as well. You should probably also drop the beneath notice legacy.

Upon imbuement the minor ranged legacy Distracting Shot Cooldown becomes Swift Bow Damage.

I like the DOT and Trap Damage legacies myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ddave View Post
    ...I like the DOT and Trap Damage legacies myself.
    They're good if you think you'll at least occasionally use Yellow. For dedicated Red, there are others I would choose before those.

I'm mainly a solo player that nearly always plays Bowmaster in Strength stance.

On my bow, after Imbuement, I have Induction Crit Mult, Focus Crit Mult, Induction Damage, Quick Shot Damage, Damage Over Time, Swift Bow Damage, and Burn Hot Damage. I will probably replace Burn Hot Damage with either the Evade Chance Legacy because of the recent changes to Evade, or, Heartseeker Damage if I go for the Osgiliath Set.

I like DOT because I lead with Barbed Arrow or Heartseeker against ranged mobs, Quick Shot against melee mobs.

On my melee, after Imbuement, I have Trap Damage, Blindside Crit Chance, Melee Crit Chance, Strength Stance Damage, Merc Crit Magnitude, Agility and Fate. Hunter melee legacies are, to say the least, not a lot to choose from.

I like the Crit Chance legacies because of the Critical Eye chance for focus generation. Yeah, Trap Damage ain't all that great but it's something. Most don't like Fate, but I like it's contribution to Crit Chance and Crit Magnitude.

I use red line almost 100% of the time, the damage in yellow with my traps doesnt really come close to the damage i can do in red.

On my bow i have...

Quick shot critical multiplier/magnitude
    Induction bow critical damage
    Heart Seeker damage
    Quick Shot damage
    Induction bow damage
    Swift-bow damage
    Focus bow critical multiplier

On my weapon i use...

Strength stance damage
    Press onward cooldown
    Vitality
    Agility
    Rain of arrows damage
    Precision stance critical magnitude
    Trap Damage

Quote Originally Posted by GozmitJosh View Post
    I use red line almost 100% of the time, the damage in yellow with my traps doesnt really come close to the damage i can do in red.
    Yes yellow doesn't do as much damage as red, but it's not as bad as you think. Yellow damage doesn't come from traps. It comes from lingering wound, Upshot, instant Swiftbow and Heartseeker(if you got the set).

Yellow needs the right legacies and skill rotation.... trap damage is ... well it doesn't hurt, if you have it, but it doesn't add anything noticable to your damage Output, I'd prefer desperate flight CD over trapdamage. Damage over time is a must(along the other obvious legacies which every hunter uses are a must for yellow too.), as it increases LW damage... but only the instant part. QS, LW, PS. SB or HS if it proccs instead of QS and Upshot if you got highfocus. LW(tier1) does about 1,9k every 2 sec.

Yellow traits are so damn weak, you shouldn't trait more than about 15 points deep in it and still get all the CC and debuffs yellow offers.
    http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=4LY
    If you don't have Osgiliathset (rest of the traitpoints put in bodkin arrows)

http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=53r
    If you got Osgiliath set(rest of the traitpoints put in bodkin arrows again)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    ... I'd prefer desperate flight CD over trapdamage. ...

Ah I see, converts to Lingering Wound when you imbue.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Ah I see, converts to Lingering Wound when you imbue.
    On higher legacy tiers Desperate Flight adds upto 5,x% Lingering Wound damage

Thank you all for the feedback.