We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 18.2 Feedback

18.2 Feedback

After testing hunter on 18.2 after a few years of grumbling I am pretty happy with the new raid set.

Live build:
    17k morale 85k+ mastery 4 osgiliath 16k phys mit 9.5k tact mit 10% crit d

18.2 build:
    28k morale 90k+ mastery 4 raid set and +15% HS damage 22k phys mit 22 tactical mit 40% crit d
    So I could technically go 20k morale and get insane new glass cannon

The changes to hunter in 18.2 are massive, moreso than other classes because we get to replace 4 osgiliath with 4, 4 slot armor. Then there is a hunter book with 400+ agility and new other jewelry as well. The 15% HS dmg on HS set is huge as well. I hit 170,000+ on training dummy with just captain with my mit morale build. Probably over 200k with cannon build.

There is is also a MASSIVE increase in DPS when legacies go from 44-59.

Overall: Hunters are back in 18.2 in my opinion. Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    After testing hunter on 18.2 after a few years of grumbling I am pretty happy with the new raid set.

Live build:

18.2 build:
    28k morale 90k+ mastery 4 raid set and +15% HS damage 22k phys mit 22 tactical mit 40% crit d

The changes to hunter in 18.2 are massive, moreso than other classes because we get to replace 4 osgiliath with 4, 4 slot armor. Then there is a hunter book with 400+ agility and new other jewelry as well. The 15% HS dmg on HS set is huge as well. I hit 170,000+ on training dummy with just captain with my mit morale build. Probably over 200k with cannon build.

###... my 55k mastery hunter never saw a higher heartseeker than 60k without other classes buffs...
    so your +15% and +35k mastery and cappy triple the damage... wow.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

.. with just captain ..
    You mean with JUST blade bro, sure-strike, telling mark, OB, etc, ..

Pretty liberal use of the word "just".

RKs and wardens got new gear and legacy boosts to. I'm very happy with the 4 pieces bonus, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

While the changes are undeniably wonderful and changes how we build, I don't know if it is enough to close the obscene disparity between us and the top dpsers. We are minimizing that gap but far from closing it imo. Certainly a good place to start and we have a select few individuals to thank (as well as EdgeCase for taking the feedbacks).
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jun 16 2016 at 11:20 AM.

This is not the way to "start" closing the gap between hunters and top dps classes. You have to defeat the raid to get this new gear. Some hunters will be able to do it, while most won't be taken seriously enough to even get a shot at running the raid.

3/12 TotDT need tank, healer x2, LM, cappy x2, yellow champ, fire rk x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    This is not the way to "start" closing the gap between hunters and top dps classes. You have to defeat the raid to get this new gear. Some hunters will be able to do it, while most won't be taken seriously enough to even get a shot at running the raid.

3/12 TotDT need tank, healer x2, LM, cappy x2, yellow champ, fire rk x2.

I was mainly looking at the fact that a dev. Took notice of the direct feedbacks from the community and did something to address the issue. Yes, there are many things that need to be looked at before the class is balanced for most people when compared to other classes. I certainly don't remember the last time a dev took community feedbacks instead of dismissing them.

I hope devs. Continue to look at the feedbacks from those who play the class regularly and have legitimate ideas. Don't let the good ideas get buried under all the other things that have been discussed countless times across several threads as it discourages devs from even looking.
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jun 16 2016 at 12:00 PM.

....There is is also a MASSIVE increase in DPS when legacies go from 44-59.

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post
    RKs and wardens got new gear and legacy boosts to. I'm very happy with the 4 pieces bonus, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    If other classes, including those that currently have superior DPS, are also getting these boosts, then is it really a "rebalancing" of classes in any meaningful sense? Or is it simply a matter of making all classes much more powerful and therefore in effect making the content much easier? We sort of went through with with the initial HD release, where no one really noticed much in the way of class imbalance, in part because everyone was blowing away everything so easily.

Thanks for feedback guys. I want to clarify on my hunter which I have done all the end-game raids with and got to R15 with near 1 year played time is my main. I have hardly played it because it does half the DPS that my RK does simply due to non dot damage and partial avoidance.

I may have ended a bit excited as I posted that right after playing with the new gear. I do want to clarify it is a huge boost to replace osgiliath junk with new 4 slot gear to get the same and in fact better set which is why I think the boost is better for hunters as most classes dont have to wear 4 non slot armor on live.

My RK still does FAR more dps than my hunter so it is pretty frustrating when we are doing a raid boss and its a dps race why would I play hunt over rk which not only does more dps but has a rez, self heals and other bonuses. Hunters are still way down there, this is a step in the right direction, but something needs to be done about the partial avoids or simply a DPS increase to put us on par. I find it disgusting an rk, a main healing class can out DPS me by so much.

I play my hunter from time to time as it is still the love of my life, but when it comes for dps for clearing instances or raid bosses and stuff to die in moors that not dying I log out and get on my rk everytime and it leaves me with a sick taste in my mouth.

I just posted this as I feel we are in a much better place in 18.2. There is work to be done for sure. One day....maybe.

My RK still does FAR more dps than my hunter so it is pretty frustrating when we are doing a raid boss and its a dps race why would I play hunt over rk which not only does more dps but has a rez, self heals and other bonuses. Hunters are still way down there, this is a step in the right direction, but something needs to be done about the partial avoids or simply a DPS increase to put us on par. I find it disgusting an rk, a main healing class can out DPS me by so much.
    Aye, currently parsing around 18k in the Rakothas fight on BR, whereas our rk with blade bro is at around 28k. We got her done with 2 rks and 2 hunters, but you could still feel the rest of the raid wishing we had 4 rks

Honestly I would like to hear some numbers, cause I have a bit more trouble.

Testing over 1 min to the dummy in DA, it's about 18-20k DPS seriously, so not 'oh look critluck for my bio'.
    It also doesn't matter, if strength or presicion, it remains for about the same.

Running the new Raid on T1, it was really frustrating for me, so yes the new changes look very nice, but in comparison to the other classes, it feels not really good.
    e.g. the Champion is also about 20-24k DPS on a dummy, so I don't really know.

Maybe some other hunts have a higher DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by CalienX View Post
    Honestly I would like to hear some numbers, cause I have a bit more trouble.

Testing over 1 min to the dummy in DA, it's about 18-20k DPS seriously, so not 'oh look critluck for my bio'.
    It also doesn't matter, if strength or presicion, it remains for about the same.

Running the new Raid on T1, it was really frustrating for me, so yes the new changes look very nice, but in comparison to the other classes, it feels not really good.
    e.g. the Champion is also about 20-24k DPS on a dummy, so I don't really know.

Maybe some other hunts have a higher DPS?
    don't use DA dummies

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    don't use DA dummies
    I also like to hear all other tests

.18.2 build:
    the only thing this does is make the Hunter comparative to an RK in ranged DPS. Instead of one OP dps ranged class now we will have two. Aside from the new raid, what content would these stats ever be needed for? I mean what game are you all playing that the above is something to be celebrated? The guy is thrilled with 90K mastery, so what you want HS to hit for 50K?

Is that actually fun for you seeing the big numbers, is the game that simple now? LOL

Hunters were in a great spot when we got cry of the hunter, it got even better when they redid yellow line. The only issue hunters had were the players unrelenting compare to other classes. If an RK can do it why cant I? I mean I get it to a degree but ive yet to come across a situation where I couldnt adequately DPS on my hunter. Apparently that isnt the case for all.

Have fun I guess, maybe in 19.0 they can make a skill that consumes all your buffs into one super shot, that way you'll never have to focus, no burn hot, no DOT's nothing just "super shot". Sounds like a lot of fun to play, cant wait. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post

Hunters were in a great spot when we got cry of the hunter, it got even better when they redid yellow line. The only issue hunters had were the players unrelenting compare to other classes. If an RK can do it why cant I? I mean I get it to a degree but ive yet to come across a situation where I couldnt adequately DPS on my hunter. Apparently that isnt the case for all.

Have fun I guess, maybe in 19.0 they can make a skill that consumes all your buffs into one super shot, that way you'll never have to focus, no burn hot, no DOT's nothing just "super shot". Sounds like a lot of fun to play, cant wait. lol
    • Cry of the hunter is a joke, the bubble is like 1 auto attack.
    • Yellow line? lol...
    • Players comparing to other classes -> Hunter is a DPS class that is its role. If you can't understand frustration when you see a healing class (RK) or tank class (Warden) outdpsing you then I have no words.
    • If you haven't come across a situation where you haven't been able to do enough DPS on hunter you have not run enough end game content. If you are able to do so you have to be carried by the group in which case yes you can do adequate DPS but you are making it harder for the group and they are carrying you because you could have brought a class that did 1.5X or more your damage. This is why people complain. Nobody wants hunters in a fast clear of instance or DPS race. Sure you can make it through, but at what stress level.
    • Your final statement suggests you think this update will make hunters overpowered. It doesn't. They still need a major buff to perform their proper role. If your role is going yellow, using cry of the hunter and doing adequate DPS then I would stick to doing t1 skirmishes.

• Cry of the hunter is a joke, the bubble is like 1 auto attack.
    • Yellow line? lol...
    • Players comparing to other classes -> Hunter is a DPS class that is its role. If you can't understand frustration when you see a healing class (RK) or tank class (Warden) outdpsing you then I have no words.
    • If you haven't come across a situation where you haven't been able to do enough DPS on hunter you have not run enough end game content. If you are able to do so you have to be carried by the group in which case yes you can do adequate DPS but you are making it harder for the group and they are carrying you because you could have brought a class that did 1.5X or more your damage. This is why people complain. Nobody wants hunters in a fast clear of instance or DPS race. Sure you can make it through, but at what stress level.
    • Your final statement suggests you think this update will make hunters overpowered. It doesn't. They still need a major buff to perform their proper role. If your role is going yellow, using cry of the hunter and doing adequate DPS then I would stick to doing t1 skirmishes.

You're a complete idiot. There really isn't anything else to elaborate on.

Live build:

18.2 build:

What kind of legacies are you using with the Heartseeker reset set?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    You're a complete idiot. There really isn't anything else to elaborate on.
    Insults will not help you to understand the game and big numbers doesn't matter for difficulty.

A right balancing between the power of classes and the difficulty of an instance depends of the relationship. If HS will hit with 10,000 points, maybe 1,000,000 Morale for a boss is enough. what about 100,000? Yes 10,000,000 would take the same time.
    This balancing should be known by a dev and should be done so for an Instance and look at the new Instance: Bosses with 30,000,000 on T1 (T2 not seen so far). This balancing is a right step.

Balancing between classes is a totally different aspect, totally independent of the worse class.
    A group will always try to setup as good as possible for an instance. If you want a right balanced instance, you have to take the best DPS class and design the whole instance keeping this dps in mind.
    a worse DPS-Class won't be able to do so and is not suitable for this role in this instance.
    Fixing this would mean to balance the classes right, nerving the RK or pushing all other classes to RKs niveau. Yes, Instances have to be also balanced, but to do that, it's essential to balance the classes right.
    So please read a post, then think and if you aren't able to unterstand, please ask.
    This discussion is about the hunter, the possibilites with 18.2 and the Comparison to the RK, it's NOT about 'This game is so easy, please make it harder'.

All 5 points from YesMaam are absolutly right.
    Hunter is a DPS class and so it should have the right possibility to do so.

All 5 points from YesMaam are absolutly right.
    He knows Yelk is right. He just tries too hard to be sarcastic and you failed at sarcasm detector.

I miss Worg.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    He knows Yelk is right. He just tries too hard to be sarcastic and you failed at sarcasm detector.

I miss Worg.
    ????????

I saw too many stupid guys who really think so ????

• [1] Cry of the hunter is a joke, the bubble is like 1 auto attack.
      [2] Yellow line? lol...
      [3] Players comparing to other classes -> Hunter is a DPS class that is its role. If you can't understand frustration when you see a healing class (RK) or tank class (Warden) outdpsing you then I have no words.
      [4] If you haven't come across a situation where you haven't been able to do enough DPS on hunter you have not run enough end game content. If you are able to do so you have to be carried by the group in which case yes you can do adequate DPS but you are making it harder for the group and they are carrying you because you could have brought a class that did 1.5X or more your damage. This is why people complain. Nobody wants hunters in a fast clear of instance or DPS race. Sure you can make it through, but at what stress level.
      [5] Your final statement suggests you think this update will make hunters overpowered. It doesn't. They still need a major buff to perform their proper role. If your role is going yellow, using cry of the hunter and doing adequate DPS then I would stick to doing t1 skirmishes.
    1. Cry of the Hunter is still useful, the bubble is weak, like many other moralbubbles, but the mezz is useful.
    2. yellow line is great, but it suffers from lots of useless/weak traits beyond 12-16 traitpoints. It's better to choose yellow path with 80% of the traitpoints put in red.
    3. RK and warden are both dps classes. They were designed to be dps or tank/heal. Yes most of the classes need to be scaled down to hunter dps, but saying they are healing/tank classes doesn't help your position.
    4. Hunter dps is alright. It's the rest, that needs to be nerfed. Hunter and Burglar are the 2 classes which aren't out of balance right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    3. RK and warden are both dps classes. They were designed to be dps or tank/heal. Yes most of the classes need to be scaled down to hunter dps, but saying they are healing/tank classes doesn't help your position.
    Yes, but I think the main argument is a 'There is an other job to do'. If wardens DPS would be worse, there would still be the chance to be 'productive' as tank.

Yes, but I think the main argument is a 'There is an other job to do'. If wardens DPS would be worse, there would still be the chance to be 'productive' as tank.
    That's the key. Hunter is a 'one-trick pony', and the fact that they're not especially strong at that one 'trick' means they're too weak compared to other classes. That being said, I also tend to agree with other comments, to the effect that it might actually be hunters that are 'in the right spot' with respect to content challenge. Thus it is the more (over)powerful classes that should be nerfed. It would unfortunate if they instead chose to sweep the class balance issue under the carpet by making all classes OP compared to content (e.g. as it was immediately after the release of HD).

trick nr. 2: CC and debuffing. Though debuffing is kind of clunky and CC isn't used often nowadays. Some practicable ways to apply debuffs from range would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    That's the key. Hunter is a 'one-trick pony', and the fact that they're not especially strong at that one 'trick' means they're too weak compared to other classes. That being said, I also tend to agree with other comments, to the effect that it might actually be hunters that are 'in the right spot' with respect to content challenge. Thus it is the more (over)powerful classes that should be nerfed. It would unfortunate if they instead chose to sweep the class balance issue under the carpet by making all classes OP compared to content (e.g. as it was immediately after the release of HD).
    Yes, but this will also be with 18.2. I totally agree, the hunter is good balanced for our content, at least Silent street and dome of stars.
    I'm really feared about 18.2, LIs will reach 59 and honestly, older Raids and Instances are too easy right now. Yes, a new raid is very nice, but well balanced, scalable old instances with good loot (!) would push the game foreward.
    It also would increase the activity on a whole server, including better sales for Turbine too.

But to get to that point, first all classes should be balanced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast