We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Housing update: Places of decorations.

Dear developers, I hope for Your understanding.

Adding new places for decorations - is a great idea. We've been waiting such an update for a long time.
    But there's one important thing (I'd even call it a cry from the heart). Please do not change old places for decorations!!! This will greatly change a familiar atmosphere in the houses! Especially I ask You for kinship houses in Bree homesteads.
    The same appeal refers to windows. Please, don't change their size and locations.

To be more persuasive, I'll show You some screenshots, which are showing changes of the locations of the places for decorations.

You can see one and the same wall on this pictures , but I think, it can explain my worries.

Sincerely yours, Etnograf.

P.S. About those two circles under the ceiling. Adding new decoration places there is a good idea.
    P.S.S. I don't know what kind of decision will developers make, but I want them to know, that changing of the old decoration places would be a catastrophe for some people. At least, for me.

P.S.S.S. In sum: add new places for decorations and, at the same time, don't change old ones.

Last edited by Etnograf; Jun 24 2016 at 04:54 PM.

And two more screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Etnograf View Post
    Dear developers, I hope for Your understanding.
    Adding new places for decorations - is a great idea. We've been waiting such an update for a long time.
    But there's one important thing (I'd even call it a cry from the heart). Please do not change old places for decorations!!! This will greatly change a familiar atmosphere in the houses! The same appeal refers to windows. Please, don't change their locations...
    Adding that much slots they did, requires changing around of place, some furnitures as they did. Here is the thing, (cause you didnt showed all the slots) most of the original slots are at the same place or near it, so you still can decorate the house pretty the same way as before. Not that is a bad this to adapt to the house improvements. & i think that the house don't feel less cozy & familiar with more furniture slots but all the contrary. Maybe now i can make my house look more lively & realistic with this new arrangement. Check the new arrangement decorated houses screenshoots here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...housing-update

Missing windows can be replaced with a small window decoration item if you dont want anything else on that spot. There are many neat looking rohirim windows small wall item that can replace the missing windows on men houses. I bet the devs can create new hobbit window small wall item & elven window small wall item & add them to the Mathoms & Rivendel reputation barter items.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Adding that much slots they did, requires changing around of place, some furnitures as they did.
    I don't think this is an insoluble problem. Designer could save the original places and just add some new.

Most of the original slots are at the same place or near it
    Totally agree with You, but "most" is not "all", unfortunately.

Here is the thing, (cause you didnt showed all the slots)
    Those screenshots are a small example. I had to create this topic immediately, so I didn't have enough time to make more comparisons.

so you still can decorate the house pretty the same way as before. Not that is a bad this to adapt to the house improvements. & i think that the house don't feel less cozy & familiar with more furniture slots but all the contrary. Maybe now i can make my house look more lively & realistic with this new arrangement. Check the new arrangement decorated houses screenshoots here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...housing-update
    A long time ago I put a huge amount of effort to ensure that the house looked realistic. So now it looks so. The only thing it needs is a careful upgrade, not such a revump.

Missing windows can be replaced with a small window decoration item if you dont want anything else on that spot. There are many neat looking rohirim windows small wall item that can replace the missing windows on men houses. I bet the devs can create new hobbit window small wall item & elven window small wall item & add them to the Mathoms & Rivendel reputation barter items.
    To tell You frankly, I don't worry too much because of windows, only because of decorations.

Last edited by Etnograf; Jun 17 2016 at 07:27 PM.

With regards to all the Windows inside Houses... Well we have a way to solve that already. Turbine with Hytbold created Windows that we can place in the Wall hooks. So why not turn every single one of these windows into Wall Hooks with some 'build in' housing Window items that we can move around, remove, replace, etc...

And yes I agree there are some hook locations that are gone that I really want back like that central Small Furniture slot on the man main hall stage. I even wish that would exist in all the other kin halls.

Missing windows can be replaced with a small window decoration item if you dont want anything else on that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    With regards to all the Windows inside Houses...
    I'd like to make a small remark. The only thing connected with windows, which I worried about, they affect other items.
    Last edited by Etnograf; Jun 17 2016 at 07:52 PM.

I understand what you're saying. I'm just throwing out an idea on how to make it so Windows doing impact the Wall Hooks and would actually be a method of expanding them and what we can do with our houses.

I know a lot of people that like the little Hobbit Windows and would like to have those on their houses instead of the Dwarven, Man or Elven ones. This would make for another customization. Or we could replace them all with Hytbold windows.

Exclamation

... A long time ago I put a huge amount of effort to ensure that the house looked realistic. So now it looks so. The only thing it needs is a careful upgrade, not such a revump...
    The current LOTRO live server houses decoration slots arrangement looks anything but realistic, unless you are extremely poor & only have 1 bed, 1 small table, 1 chest, 1 clothing cabinet or bookshelf (not both) & 2 pictures on your bedroom. If you wish to RP somebody humble or with a simple life, that is the easy part, you don't need to fill all the house slots.

My real life bedroom is just 1 of average medium size middle class people house. It have 1 large furniture, 4 small furniture, 2 thin furniture, 3 big wall furniture (not counting the closet because is build in & may take the space of the chimney or otherwise be 4), 17 medium size framed pictures of family members (i have high walls & lot of relatives) & a cealing lamp that i rarely use cause i'm light sensible, *no rugs because with the permanent hot damp wet weather we prefer naked stone tiles with anti humidity gloss cover. Any likeness with the new LOTRO housing arrangement rooms is not coincidence.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Jun 17 2016 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    I understand what you're saying. I'm just throwing out an idea on how to make it so Windows doing impact the Wall Hooks and would actually be a method of expanding them and what we can do with our houses.

I know a lot of people that like the little Hobbit Windows and would like to have those on their houses instead of the Dwarven, Man or Elven ones. This would make for another customization. Or we could replace them all with Hytbold windows.
    Well, it seems to be a good idea. I totally support You.

The current LOTRO live server houses decoration slots arrangement looks anything but realistic, unless you are extremely poor & only have 1 bed, 1 small table, 1 chest, 1 clothing cabinet or bookshelf (not both) & 2 pictures on your bedroom. If you wish to RP somebody humble or with a simple life, that is the easy part, you don't need to fill all the house slots.

My real life bedroom is just 1 of average medium size middle class people house. It have 1 large furniture, 4 small furniture, 2 thin furniture, 3 big wall furniture (not counting the closet because is build in, so otherwise be 4) & 17 medium size framed pictures of family members (i have high walls & lot of relatives) *no rugs because with the permanent damp wet weather we prefer naked stone tiles with anti humidity gloss cover. Any likeness with the new LOTRO housing arrangement rooms is not coincidence.
    You're right, and I'm not arguing with You on this subject. I always wanted to place more than one chair around the table) But removal of the old places for decorations is not required absolutely, i think.
    Last edited by Etnograf; Jun 17 2016 at 08:08 PM.

... You're right, and I'm not arguing with You on this subject. I always wanted to place more than one chair around the table) But removal of the old places for decorations is not required absolutely, i think.
    No furniture slots is getting removed but repositioned, instead we are getting almost twices as much indor slots than the live server houses.

I can feel the pain of OP, I will certainly miss my neat row of trophies in the man kin house.
    But like in life, sometimes there are changes and you have to get used to them.

One thing that would be really great though is what was proposed in this thread and maybe the devs doing housing can consider it:

get rid of inbuilt windows at all !

Instead add small and large wall slots and add to each homesteads vendor a small and a big window wall item, accordingly to race. That would allow us to use any kind of windows without upseting outside look of the house and arrange all our wall items as we wish.
    I hope it is something that can be considered for future updates, especially that we have great Rohan windows that just look kind of silly next to regular ones. With no inbuilt windows we could stick to one style.

Quote Originally Posted by ticzerka71 View Post
    But like in life, sometimes there are changes and you have to get used to them.
    In my opinion, one should not adapt to circumstances. He should try to change them to his (and others) advantage as much as possible.