We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: The ABCs of Player Music Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by koraann View Post
    I can't get this to work, I have a song, i put it into notepad, then saved it as an .abc file under mydocuments/lordoftheringsonline/music. I go to play it and it says song not found. I know its there though.
    Precisely the same problem here. Help? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiaraus View Post
    Precisely the same problem here. Help? TIA!
    You probably had Notepad default extension enabled. Open the file again in Notepad and File/SaveAs

At the bottom on the top box you should see the filename. if it has .txt at the end, delete it including the . prior to txt. You should now have: filename.abc Also, to make it easier, make sure there are no spaces in your filename.

The second box (under filename) has an arrow on the right, click that and choose All Files. This will prevent Notepad from automatically putting .txt at the end of your filename.

Save your file and try to load it in the game. If it still fails check the name of your Music folder. I actually have two music folders, one is music and the other is Music. The game only sees files in the Music folder.

Since you made a second file of the tune, delete the one with the .txt name. You can find it easily by opening a file for notepad, it will default to txt files and you will see it as a selection. Just right click and choose delete.

You can change your options in explorer to show extensions and just rename the filename.abc.txt file. Either method works.

Gid
    ______
    Chases Butterflies, Roheryn Elegance Kin, Roheryn,
    [URL="http://lotro-music.com/Forums/index.php"]Lotro Music EU/US Forum [/URL]

Question From C, to shining c'...

Quote Originally Posted by Giddily View Post
    Northman, the c' doesn't work for me.

Gid
    That is odd. I'll have to check to see if something changed from Roheryn... I know it worked there (unless my memory has really gotten that bad... which I couldn't tell if it had gotten that bad as I wouldn't remember...).

BTW, that's Northwoods. :P I'm actually from The South (but I had just read the appendix regarding where the Riddermark people came from and the usual forum names I use were either taken or not really fitting for ME). I didn't visit the forums until after I signed up for beta. (What better way is there to experience the game than to experience it yourself unjaded?)

EDIT: Do % comments work in LotRO ABC?
    Last edited by Northman; Jun 15 2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Question...
    [COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]::.[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy],.[/COLOR]A whale of a tale, and it's all true.
    (\./)[COLOR=Navy],.,.,[/COLOR].--""--.[COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy].[/COLOR]`\'---'`[COLOR=#222222].,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR]\[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy],.,.[/COLOR]'.____,__[U]^[/U]_/[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]

Re: From C, to shining c'...

EDIT: Do % comments work in LotRO ABC?[/quote]

Yes they do.

Gid
    ______

You probably had Notepad default extension enabled. Open the file again in Notepad and File/SaveAs

At the bottom on the top box you should see the filename. if it has .txt at the end, delete it including the . prior to txt. You should now have: filename.abc Also, to make it easier, make sure there are no spaces in your filename.

The second box (under filename) has an arrow on the right, click that and choose All Files. This will prevent Notepad from automatically putting .txt at the end of your filename.

Save your file and try to load it in the game. If it still fails check the name of your Music folder. I actually have two music folders, one is music and the other is Music. The game only sees files in the Music folder.

Since you made a second file of the tune, delete the one with the .txt name. You can find it easily by opening a file for notepad, it will default to txt files and you will see it as a selection. Just right click and choose delete.

You can change your options in explorer to show extensions and just rename the filename.abc.txt file. Either method works.

Gid
    It works! Than you SO much!

Any word on getting chords to work? This is pretty limiting on what can be played ... I want my Zeppelin!

Ok, I created a Music folder in my LOTRO folder. Now, how do I save songs into that folder using .abc? I tried finding a song that I wanted, cpoy and pasting everything into Notepad and then when I try to save, the only save format I get is .txt. Anyone know what I can do?
    50 Hobbit Burglar - Sambo; 34 Dwarf Guardian - Gilric
    [url]Free Peoples of Middle Earth[/url] on Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrim View Post
    Ok, I created a Music folder in my LOTRO folder. Now, how do I save songs into that folder using .abc? I tried finding a song that I wanted, cpoy and pasting everything into Notepad and then when I try to save, the only save format I get is .txt. Anyone know what I can do?
    http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=52

Gid
    ______

Can we paly sharps and if so how do we write them in ABC?
    [center][b][url="www.paxgaming.com"]Pax Thalion[/url][/b][/center]

NM, finally found a place that had it:

The symbols ^, = and _ are used (before a note) to generate respectively a sharp, natural or flat. Double sharps and flats are available with ^^ and __ respectively.
    [center][b][url="www.paxgaming.com"]Pax Thalion[/url][/b][/center]

Talking Re: The ABCs of Player Music Sharing

Anyone out there who can convert some Type O Negative songs to ABC format? Some of the songs I would like are Black No. 1, Christian Women, or My Girlfriend's girlfriend.

How do I get up to the third octave? I only know how to do 2; such as c and C.

Quote Originally Posted by lastalliance View Post
    How do I get up to the third octave? I only know how to do 2; such as c and C.
    http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=25

Gid
    ______

This is the best thread I have read on the topic so far.

I followed the instructions and it worked.

Thank you!

15. Jun 16 2007, 03:42 AM

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the new triplet notation doesn't sound like an old triplet. I hope they update it to allow triplets at some point.

Q
    [CENTER]"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behavior we expect from other people." - C.S. Lewis
    [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000005437/01005/signature.png]Qutho[/charsig][/CENTER]

ok im stumped, ive been messing with this song for hours now. its 6:20 in the morn and i havent been to bed yet. PLZ someone tell me why the stupid thing keeps telling me "note too low. Line 27 Column 6" unless im wrong there dosent seem to be a line 27? help plz.

X: 1
    T:falling away from me by korn
    N:Instrument Channel 1
    M:4/4
    L:1/8
    Q:1/4=104
    K:Eb
    V:1
    I:2=d=f2e2=c2A|Ae6e|=d=f2e2=c2 A|Ae2B4B|
    _e_g2f2_d2B|Bf6f|_e_g2f2_d2B|B f2c4c:|
    EB,B,/2E3/2 EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/2 EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/ EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/2EB,B,3/2B,/2|
    EB,B,/2E3/2EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/2EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/2EB,B,3/2B,/2|EB,B,/2E3/2EB,B,

bah nvm i see what i did, i saved in the wrong folder :/ but hey im still new at this. what? i dont have to take that from you! im going to bed now!
    Last edited by Slivara; Jun 17 2007 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
    A couple of conversion tricks:

Triplets:

Triplets are another construct which doesn't seem to be directly supported. Triplets in ABC look like (3abc

You can replace this with a2/3b2/3c2/3
    I get an error in my abc editor when I put the /3 or 2/3. Just popped in game and I have an error somewhere from Lotroabc which I will try to find tonight. (The (3 just makes it goofy but doesn't give an error in game.)

Anyway, I am trying to get this blues tune to work simply because of all the ones I have tried it was the easiest to convert. But would be nice to trick the system to play what sounds like triplets. Any help would be great. Here is the beginning, where I attempted the /3. Oh I have the rests partway down so I'd know in game when it switched from the /3 to (3. What follows is the original from conversion.

T: A Touch of Blues
    Z:Giddily

M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    Q:1/4=132
    K

B,/3D/3D/3 B,/3D/3E/3 ^A/3d/3e/3 ^A/3d/3e/3|G^/3G/3e/3 =G/3^G/3e/3 =A/3^A/3B/3 d/3B/3e|=G/3^G/3e/3 =G/3^G/3d/3 B/3d/3E/3 DB,|

G,/2^G,/2C/3E/3C/3B,C/3E/3F/3 =G/2^G/2c|ee6-e|fa3/2=A/2=c e/3g/3g/3 e/3=G/3A/3|B2 ^GB4-B|

E2 ^ce/3^A/3d/3d/3^A/3d/3e|D/3^D/3B/3 =D/2E/2=A/3B/3A/3F/3D/3F/3=F|e/3A=/3G/3 E/3G/3g/3 e/3g/3g/3 e/3g/3e/3|zB/3e/3G/3^G Bd/3e/3d/3e|

z8z8z8
    (3=GAG (3AGB BB3|(3^GDD (3B,DD B,3/2^G,/2 (3B,B,E|(3B,B,E (3^A,B,^A, (3B,DB, (3DB,D|(3B,DB, ^G,=A, B,(3^G,B,DB,/2^A,/2|

Gid
    ______

Thumbs up Length Shifts

Northman, Wow, thanks for all the time you have put into this (and others who have contributed too). I had a minimal music theory training from school (back in the little red schoolhouse days). I had never been introduced to ABC notation. This served as a fantastic primer.

Here's a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Northwoods: The a>b and c<d constructs are not supported. They can be replaced as follows: a3/2b/2 c/2d3/2
    Not sure about that. In my transcription of Ride of the Valkyries, I had used the length shift notation before I read this. However, it seems to work fine for me. Take a look and let me know.

X:1
    T:Ride of the Valkyries
    C:Wagner, Richard (1813-1883)
    T:Transcribed by Re of Nimrodel
    M:9/8
    K
    Q:1/8=350
    F,|B,>F,B, D3 B,3|D>B,D F3 D3|F>DF A3 A,3|D>A,D F5 F,|
    |B,>F,B, D3 B,3|D>B,D F3 D3|F>DF A3 A,3|D>A,D D6:|

P.S.: Funny, my "D" key sig became a grin
    Last edited by Annael; Jun 19 2007 at 11:45 AM.

Re: Length Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Annael View Post

Not sure about that. In my transcription of Ride of the Valkyries, I had used the length shift notation before I read this. However, it seems to work fine for me. Take a look and let me know.

X:1
    T:Ride of the Valkyries
    C:Wagner, Richard (1813-1883)
    T:Transcribed by Re of Nimrodel
    M:9/8
    K
    Q:1/8=350
    F,|B,>F,B, D3 B,3|D>B,D F3 D3|F>DF A3 A,3|D>A,D F5 F,|
    |B,>F,B, D3 B,3|D>B,D F3 D3|F>DF A3 A,3|D>A,D D6:|
    I've found that files with unsupported code do play, but they are very inconsistent. The music will be much better if they are taken out completely or replaced with a workaround. Sometimes the code will crash the game, but not all the time.

Gid
    ______

Hello, Im trying to get this song to work.

The message keeps saying "Note too low, Line 37, column 11"

Ive gotten an Ewok Celebration and an extended Imperial March theme from one of the old Starwars PC games to work but I really want a Han/Leia song.

Here's the file itself.
    ****************************** ****************************** ****************************** **************************

T:

N: Instrument Channel 1 ... [French Horn]

N: Instrument Channel 2 ... [String Ensemble 1]

N: Instrument Channel 3 ... [Cello]

M: 4/4

L: 1/8

Q:1/4=100

N: Last note suggests Phrygian mode tune

K:Ab

%Han Solo and the Princess

%Copyright \0xa9 1997 by Hawk Moore

%John Williams, arr. by Jeffrey Moore

%Hawk Moore

%%MIDI program 1 60

%%MIDI program 2 48

%%MIDI program 3 42

z6 G,2|C,,G,, C,=E, G,=D =EG|C,,C, _E,A, C2 F,2|C,,F, A,F, =A,C _DF|

C,,F, _A,F, =E,2 G,2|C,,G,, C,=E, G,=D =EG|=D,,A,, D,F, A,_E FG|B,,G F3G AB|

_E,4 zc =BG|=A,2 B,2 =B,=E FG|=E2 C,=B,, =E,,c =BG|_A,2 =A,2 _B,=E FG|

=E3G,, C,,c =B=A|F,,C, F,_A, CG =Ac|_G,,D, _G,B, _D_A _Bc|=E,,_B,, D,E, _G,B, _Ec|

=G,,F, B,c =B,,,2 D2|C,,G,, C,=E, =G,C =Eg|C,,C, _E,A, C_E F2|C,,F, A,D A,F, D,A,,|

C,,F, A,D CG, C,G,,|C,,G,, =E,G, CG, =E,G,,|_D,,A,, F,A, =DA, F,A,,|_B,,,B,,2B,, B,,,B,,2B,,|

A,,,=A,,2=A,, G,,,G,, aG,,|C,,G,, C,=E, G,C =EG|cG =A=D =E=A, G,G,,|C,,G,, C,=E, G,C =Eg|

C,,C, _E,_A, C_E F2|C,,F, A,_D A,F, D,_A,,|C,,F, A,D CG, C,G,,|C,,G,, =E,G, CG, =E,G,,|

D,,A,, F,A, DA, F,A,,|B,,,B,, B,,B,, B,,,B,, B,,B,,|C,,C, C,C, B,,,B,, B,,B,,|A,,,A,, A,,A,, =A,,,=A,, =A,,=A,,|

G,,,3f Bf a=A|C,,8-|C,,4 =e/2g/2C,

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** **************************

Is there a good website for a total beginner to this stuff? Most of Starwars Midi files I have are massively complex (to my eyes that is) so any help would be appreciated.

Just to add: I have no musical composition in my background whatsoever so I find myself at a loss on what they mean when refering to lines and columns in the sense of ABC music/sheet music.
    Last edited by Silvermane1983; Jun 21 2007 at 11:46 PM.

Gid
    I can't get notepad to stop saving as txt. For some reason after I select all files it goes back to txt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermane1983 View Post
    Hello, Im trying to get this song to work.

The message keeps saying "Note too low, Line 37, column 11"

Ive gotten an Ewok Celebration and an extended Imperial March theme from one of the old Starwars PC games to work but I really want a Han/Leia song.

Here's the file itself.
    Hey Silvermane,

Thats a fun piece. I had forgotten about it.

The problem with using a midi to abc converter is that abc does not have the full range of notes that midi does, and then LORTO's abc player is even more limited than that.

The trouble in your composition it the low octive notes, anything that has a double or triple comma after it.

They can be transposed an octive by just removing commas. I will play with this one and send you my suggestions privately.

By the way Moderators, this thread is great for "What Am I Doing Wrong" questions, but there should be another sticky started for "Help Me With This Tune" requests.

Thanks for your imput Annael. I still have a way to go before I can make some of these songs sound decent but might as well train myself to get better via trial and error. :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amyas View Post
    I can't get notepad to stop saving as txt. For some reason after I select all files it goes back to txt.
    If you are opening a file that already has .txt at the end it will do that unless you change the filename box, and make sure second is 'all files'. When you open a file, at the very top of Notepad it will display the file name. Then, use SaveAs from the File menu, not Save. And make sure the

Filename.abc
    All Files

boxes are correct. You can go to explorer's options and mark it to show extensions. But it isn't needed if you follow the above.

Gid
    ______

I have been looking at all these wonderful pieces, and yet I don't see any in a flat key. For the flats are they all in there relative minor? If so what about Bb through Ab, in minor mode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast