Hello everyone!

Unfortunately I was taken the possibility to write down some closing remarks in the Raid Progression - Throne of the Dread Terror thread before it got closed by a moderator. Now that the thread is closed I'm also not able to update the first page any longer.

Anyways, I figured I still wanted to make a few final statements:

First of all, let me say "Thank you!" to everyone participating in this project! It was a real honor for me hosting the progression thread and I while it was certainly a lot of work keeping the main page always updated, I also had a lot of fun doing it. Let's quickly compare the Throne thread to the Orthanc thread: While there were a little less postings in total in the Throne thread, it made me happy to see that the interest in progression raiding did not decline at all: counting the number of "views" in both threads, the Throne thread actually surpassed the Orthanc thread which in my opionion is a good sign for LOTRO's raiding community!

Secondly, I know it's impossible to make everyone happy and while I certainly wanted to make everyone happy, I quickly realized it won't be possible due to the many different opinions on different subjects. Over the last few months I recieved tons of Private Forum Messages. Most of the time people were asking for removing kinship names from the Top 20 list or were suggesting different methods of measuring a kinship's performance. Concerning the Top 20 list, I took www.wowprogress.com as example which is one of the reasons why I also ultimatly decided to not make the "Original Challenger" date part of the ranking. There were also a couple incidents concerning exploiting, GM assistance, ... etc. While I really don't want to discuss all the details once again, let me just say the following: I did my best to take all accusations seriously. I always tried to be as objective as possible. And yes, if there was real evidence of serious exploiting I did act but I never acted rashly and most of the time I did not comment all actions publicly.

Finally, let me thank everyone and congratulations to all the kinships and groups out there who beat the raid! I hope you liked the work I did in the Raid Progression Thread and if there will be another raid coming with the Mordor expansion (hopefully sooner than later!) I would love to be at your service once again!

Greetings and happy raiding everyone!
GoodGuySmaug